September 20, 2024, 02:27:29 PM

Author Topic: 2010-03-22 - Kansas City, MO - The Midland  (Read 16355 times)

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-22 - Kansas City, MO - The Midland
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2010, 02:40:40 AM »
FANTASTIC JOB BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That was awesome!  How did that come about?

boynamedsue

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2010, 03:33:51 AM »
Awesome job VC.  I doubt you remember me from last years show in Cincy. I was on the left side of you and your friend during the concert. I recall bragging to him how it was my 8th STP show, until he said how many times you've seen them lol. Glad to see they rewarded such a devoted fan

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2010, 04:24:15 AM »
I'm very jealous VC!!
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2010, 05:01:31 AM »
Quote from: "Suffer_Long"
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
I saw AIC recently, and I have to agree. That show was pristine sound wise and was very impressive musically and vocally. There's no excuse for showing up late to gigs. Scott has had a bad habit of that throughout his career. It's a very rockstar thing to do, and well, Scott is a rockstar. So so be it I guess. Still, I think it's pretty disrespectful to his fans. It's not going to change the fact that I'm the band's biggest fan,  but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Suffer Long I think you are completely within limits of posting that and I agree w/ you, though I wasn't at the show personally.

Thanks.  I'm not trying to be a bitch, folks.  My lack of enthusiasm about the performance itself may just be a personal problem.  If I were Vegas Crackerman, I'd probably have a completely different perspective on the show  ;) .  I may feel that STP didn't match AIC's pristine, pitch perfect sound, but that's just my take (which means absolutely squat).  The delay on the other hand (without a doubt) tarnished what was otherwise a good (or great) rock show for most of the people that went to the show.

Here's the KC Star's review of the show.  The reviewer basically says that the tardiness sucked and upset the crowd, but the performance was great.  VC (aka "some guy") even gets a shout out with a rave review!:

http://http://backtorockville.typepad.com/back_to_rockville/2010/03/my-previous-stone-temple-pilots-show-was-in-august-of-1994----a-long-time-agothe-time-between-that-show-and-monday-nights-sh.html

Did you see that assholes comment on the bottom of the page?

"STP is one of the best American bands of the last 20 years."

I'm shocked nobody stepped in to cry bull$#*% on this silly statement that 'foreal' just pulled out of his nether-regions. STP, although an 'adequate' band, did indeed ride in on the crest of the whole Grunge thing after Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and (although I can't stand 'em) Pearl Jam paved the way.

You could tell listening to their first album, albeit not a BAD album, that these guys had studied the Seattle bands HARD and had probably started off as a Glam/Hair Metal band and took a 180-degree career turn when THOSE bands faded out. But to say they are one of the BEST American bands, even in their heyday, is just ridiculous. Nice try, though.......

What a douche bag

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2010, 05:19:26 AM »
Good job VC, how did you manage to get backstage? and then onstage?

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2010, 05:22:52 AM »
VegasCrackerman = lucky bastard!
(you know it's a lie we're all happy for you, we wanna kill you  :-*  )

Anyone else get Tab The Band's "She Said No, I Love You" stuck in their head?   ???

Weird, funny song.

I do! I randomly listen to those guys and have a good time...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Eighth Caged Tiger

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2010, 05:48:19 AM »
Quote from: "Stpilots98"
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
I saw AIC recently, and I have to agree. That show was pristine sound wise and was very impressive musically and vocally. There's no excuse for showing up late to gigs. Scott has had a bad habit of that throughout his career. It's a very rockstar thing to do, and well, Scott is a rockstar. So so be it I guess. Still, I think it's pretty disrespectful to his fans. It's not going to change the fact that I'm the band's biggest fan,  but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Suffer Long I think you are completely within limits of posting that and I agree w/ you, though I wasn't at the show personally.

Thanks.  I'm not trying to be a bitch, folks.  My lack of enthusiasm about the performance itself may just be a personal problem.  If I were Vegas Crackerman, I'd probably have a completely different perspective on the show  ;) .  I may feel that STP didn't match AIC's pristine, pitch perfect sound, but that's just my take (which means absolutely squat).  The delay on the other hand (without a doubt) tarnished what was otherwise a good (or great) rock show for most of the people that went to the show.

Here's the KC Star's review of the show.  The reviewer basically says that the tardiness sucked and upset the crowd, but the performance was great.  VC (aka "some guy") even gets a shout out with a rave review!:

http://http://backtorockville.typepad.com/back_to_rockville/2010/03/my-previous-stone-temple-pilots-show-was-in-august-of-1994----a-long-time-agothe-time-between-that-show-and-monday-nights-sh.html

Did you see that assholes comment on the bottom of the page?

"STP is one of the best American bands of the last 20 years."

I'm shocked nobody stepped in to cry bull$#*% on this silly statement that 'foreal' just pulled out of his nether-regions. STP, although an 'adequate' band, did indeed ride in on the crest of the whole Grunge thing after Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and (although I can't stand 'em) Pearl Jam paved the way.

You could tell listening to their first album, albeit not a BAD album, that these guys had studied the Seattle bands HARD and had probably started off as a Glam/Hair Metal band and took a 180-degree career turn when THOSE bands faded out. But to say they are one of the BEST American bands, even in their heyday, is just ridiculous. Nice try, though.......

What a douche bag

I added my two cents, not being hostile, just encouraging him to try the last three albums and chart the musical/artistic growth.  I'm glad the KC Star reviewer loved it so much - seeing as he hasn't been to an STP show since Purple tour, one could hardly call him a Kool Aid drinker over his praise.

PhoenixFiles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2010, 05:49:58 AM »
Quote from: "Tyrant"
Quote from: "STPHEAD"
VC moment of glory! Good job dude..

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZhePQghN8
Wow. Scott looks VERY enthusiastic.
Congrats, VegasCrackerman  :)

Very cool! I'm stoked for you VC... as for the reviews, I'd take a great show that started late any day.  I've seen a few bands in my day and it always sucks more if they leave early or worse, skip an encore...
We have art in order not to die of the truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Dr. Clinton Wheat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/clintnewland
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2010, 01:24:54 PM »
I could not be more jealous of VegasCrackerman if i tried. Good for you man, what a dream come true, you must be over the moon!!

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"
Wow Vegas Crackerman, that's awesome!! If I ever got that opportunity I think I'd be too excited to remember the lyrics lol

You mean like this guy?  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_eguhJ9pFk

(I was there and just shook my head and laughed)
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »
Seriously how did you get that opportunity VC?  I feel like I am posting this question over and over again lol ;D  ;D  ???  ???  ;D  ;D
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

happygirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2010, 02:45:59 PM »
VC that had to be a dream gig for you!

Scott and the guys looked great.   :)

I can't wait to see them in "10 days"!!!
So one and one and one make three
                                  And it changed

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »
Hickory Dichotomy. this song is ace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV4Z6GFq0w
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

JohnL

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Light My Way
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2010, 04:01:04 PM »
VC - I love it when weiland is motioning for you to say it again, and you're just like chill out for a second and then he starts bowing. Well played, man.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »
Quote from: "Eighth Caged Tiger"
I also had no idea TAB the Band was led by Joe Perry's two sons.  The spawn of my favorite guitarist of all time, and I thought they were just some indie band.  Explains how good they were, though.

No kidding? I don't know how I missed that one. I might have to check them out.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..