September 20, 2024, 04:49:17 PM

Author Topic: 2010-03-22 - Kansas City, MO - The Midland  (Read 16361 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-22 - Kansas City, MO - The Midland
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2010, 05:40:38 PM »
The show was pretty much on time. Everybody should quit bitching about it. They came out no more than 20 minutes late, AND they played the full setlist. The whole band was on fire, and it's probably the best out of 6 STP shows that I have been to. Just don't complain. Mmmmmkay?

Yeah. Got to meet Eric & the DeLeo brothers. Told Robert that he should release his solo album. He says he's thinking about it.... So if you get to meet him, let him know how much you're waiting for it.

I'll review the show more thoroughly when I return home, probably Wednesday night, but more likely on Thursday.
Bleeda blooda

down

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2010, 05:40:46 PM »
the wait is to build anticipation.

the show was phenomenal. I'll upload pictures when I get home.
It was nice to meet those that i did from the forum, and the band,. and as for the rest of you, THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME!

I got to kiss Dean DeLeo on the cheek.  :-*
I should just go kill myself right now <3
All that first class jet-set brings me down, down down,
All that first class drug shit brings me down...

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2010, 06:00:05 PM »
It seems as if a lot of fans are meeting the Deleo brothers on this tour. I met them back in '02 after a show. Are they coming out after by their tour bus to talk to fans again? Is this where you guys are having success?

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »
I'm not trying to play Debbie Downer, people.  There's just only so much Kool-Aid I can drink.  Some wait can be justified to build anticipation, but you actually believe STP intentionally waits long enough to get the crowd booing and chanting "what the f*ck?"?.    Seriously.  If that was the case, STP would've come out during the 2nd or 3rd round of "STP" chants.  STP was not just a little late, the came out WELL after the crowd was disgusted.  There's no excuse for that.

I recently saw AIC in concert.  I love AIC, but I am by far a much more hardcore STP fan (I own a pair of Scott's pants for goodness sake).  AIC absolutely blew me away (the way STP has in the past).  They also took the stage promptly.  I wanted to have that same feeling seeing STP last night, but for whatever reason, it just wasn't there.  The AIC show topped STP's without a doubt in my mind.

This was by no means a bad show.  Overall it was a good rock show.  When you see a band live so many times, it can be difficult not to be over critical.  It's just my opinion, but I didn't think this show was the absolute shiznit, and I don't think I'm off base.  I'm just trying my best to be truly objective about the band I obsess over and idolize.  I feel like I'd be fooling myself if I said I was not underwhelmed by my last 2 STP shows (last night and once in 2008) and the time I saw Scott perform solo.  Also, I don't think the 90% of the crowd that expressed their dissappointment during the delay was out of place.  Any regular fan would agree that the crowd's complaints were perfectly justified.

Andrew and down- I'm really happy to hear you got to meet up with the band (especially after the trip you made).  I'm also glad you had a blast at the show.  I'm not trying to say your opinions are invalid.  If you feel like it's the best concert you've ever seen, then it really is the best concert you've ever seen.  However, please don't chastize me as a 'complainer' for a legitimate issue.  No matter what your opinion was of the actual performance, the band came on too late and they pissed off nearly everyone in the venue.  That's a fact.  I want STP to win the hearts of the casual fans and for this new album to permenantly cement their status in history as rock legends.  Pulling these types of stunts doesn't support that cause.
Sin make me strong.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2010, 07:02:52 PM »
Quote from: "Suffer_Long"
I'm not trying to play Debbie Downer, people.  There's just only so much Kool-Aid I can drink.  Some wait can be justified to build anticipation, but you actually believe STP intentionally waits long enough to get the crowd booing and chanting "what the f*ck?"?.    Seriously.  If that was the case, STP would've come out during the 2nd or 3rd round of "STP" chants.  STP was not just a little late, the came out WELL after the crowd was disgusted.  There's no excuse for that.

I recently saw AIC in concert.  I love AIC, but I am by far a much more hardcore STP fan (I own a pair of Scott's pants for goodness sake).  AIC absolutely blew me away (the way STP has in the past).  They also took the stage promptly.  I wanted to have that same feeling seeing STP last night, but for whatever reason, it just wasn't there.  The AIC show topped STP's without a doubt in my mind.

This was by no means a bad show.  Overall it was a good rock show.  When you see a band live so many times, it can be difficult not to be over critical.  It's just my opinion, but I didn't think this show was the absolute shiznit, and I don't think I'm off base.  I'm just trying my best to be truly objective about the band I obsess over and idolize.  I feel like I'd be fooling myself if I said I was not underwhelmed by my last 2 STP shows (last night and once in 2008) and the time I saw Scott perform solo.  Also, I don't think the 90% of the crowd that expressed their dissappointment during the delay was out of place.  Any regular fan would agree that the crowd's complaints were perfectly justified.

Andrew and down- I'm really happy to hear you got to meet up with the band (especially after the trip you made).  I'm also glad you had a blast at the show.  I'm not trying to say your opinions are invalid.  If you feel like it's the best concert you've ever seen, then it really is the best concert you've ever seen.  However, please don't chastize me as a 'complainer' for a legitimate issue.  No matter what your opinion was of the actual performance, the band came on too late and they pissed off nearly everyone in the venue.  That's a fact.  I want STP to win the hearts of the casual fans and for this new album to permenantly cement their status in history as rock legends.  Pulling these types of stunts doesn't support that cause.

I saw AIC recently, and I have to agree. That show was pristine sound wise and was very impressive musically and vocally. There's no excuse for showing up late to gigs. Scott has had a bad habit of that throughout his career. It's a very rockstar thing to do, and well, Scott is a rockstar. So so be it I guess. Still, I think it's pretty disrespectful to his fans. It's not going to change the fact that I'm the band's biggest fan,  but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Suffer Long I think you are completely within limits of posting that and I agree w/ you, though I wasn't at the show personally.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2010, 07:19:35 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
I saw AIC recently, and I have to agree. That show was pristine sound wise and was very impressive musically and vocally. There's no excuse for showing up late to gigs. Scott has had a bad habit of that throughout his career. It's a very rockstar thing to do, and well, Scott is a rockstar. So so be it I guess. Still, I think it's pretty disrespectful to his fans. It's not going to change the fact that I'm the band's biggest fan,  but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Suffer Long I think you are completely within limits of posting that and I agree w/ you, though I wasn't at the show personally.

Thanks.  I'm not trying to be a bitch, folks.  My lack of enthusiasm about the performance itself may just be a personal problem.  If I were Vegas Crackerman, I'd probably have a completely different perspective on the show  ;) .  I may feel that STP didn't match AIC's pristine, pitch perfect sound, but that's just my take (which means absolutely squat).  The delay on the other hand (without a doubt) tarnished what was otherwise a good (or great) rock show for most of the people that went to the show.

Here's the KC Star's review of the show.  The reviewer basically says that the tardiness sucked and upset the crowd, but the performance was great.  VC (aka "some guy") even gets a shout out with a rave review!:

http://http://backtorockville.typepad.com/back_to_rockville/2010/03/my-previous-stone-temple-pilots-show-was-in-august-of-1994----a-long-time-agothe-time-between-that-show-and-monday-nights-sh.html
Sin make me strong.

JohnL

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Light My Way
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2010, 07:31:04 PM »
Just got home. What a show. Got to meet and talk with rob, dean, and kretz after the show.

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2010, 08:17:18 PM »
VC moment of glory! Good job dude..

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZhePQghN8
My only exit is a one way out...

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2010, 09:52:32 PM »
Here's the version my boy captured -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k46pAWFy2R0
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2010, 10:12:41 PM »
Awesome!  Congrats VC!!  Scott certainly doesn't looks wasted at all in this video.  In fact, he's owning the stage.  Dean is smiling and laughing quite a bit too.  Looks like a great show, judging from the one video.  Can't wait for Milwaukee Friday night!!!!

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2010, 10:51:37 PM »
Quote from: "STPHEAD"
VC moment of glory! Good job dude..

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZhePQghN8
Wow. Scott looks VERY enthusiastic.
Congrats, VegasCrackerman  :)
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Eighth Caged Tiger

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2010, 12:00:08 AM »
Glad the reviewer from the Star loved the show as much as I did.  Also interesting to hear about the bus being late - though I still tend to lean on the theory it was Scott just being Scott.

Eighth Caged Tiger

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2010, 12:09:58 AM »
I also had no idea TAB the Band was led by Joe Perry's two sons.  The spawn of my favorite guitarist of all time, and I thought they were just some indie band.  Explains how good they were, though.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2010, 12:19:03 AM »
Wow Vegas Crackerman, that's awesome!! If I ever got that opportunity I think I'd be too excited to remember the lyrics lol
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2010, 12:36:59 AM »
Anyone else get Tab The Band's "She Said No, I Love You" stuck in their head?   ???

Weird, funny song.
Sin make me strong.