October 04, 2024, 03:30:46 AM

Author Topic: Where are they now?- Below Empty Members  (Read 6285 times)

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
Where are they now?- Below Empty Members
« on: February 12, 2010, 06:48:13 PM »
Ever since I've started having kids, it seems like I come and go on this site.
I've been around since the silvergun superman pages before No. 4, but I'm here a lot less.  I use to see familiar names, but not so much anymore.  We should make a where are they now? special regarding just the ol' school members.
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: Where are they now?- Below Empty Members
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 05:28:10 PM »
There's an oldschool members topic somewhere on here.  Actually, a lot of oldschoolers (let's say... pre Tiny Music) actually came out of the woodwork right before the "reunion tour" - but some were never found (Anyone know where Lux, Teeth, or Funky Temple went?)

Most of us "oldschoolers" are like you, though, life got in the way of our obsession.  Sean's married to a hot chick and living in every cool place you can think of (I know he's been in DC, Vegas, and LA) - Jason is all successful and shit and has his beautiful family to pay attention to - Rik and Ivy are all lovey-dovey and getting married.  I got a random email from Brian (OneCagedTiger) last week - he's alive and doing well in Florida.

Me?  I'm here sometimes and not here sometimes.  Life has been busy after the wedding - Tony and I have been looking at houses and enjoying married life.  I have a feeling things will pick up again with this massive tour/new album.   :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 07:02:08 PM »
So what would constitute as old school? Before what year?
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 07:11:43 PM »
Silvergun Superman website brings back memories.  Remember how crazy the boards got before NO.4 came out?  The good old days

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 06:13:11 AM »
I've been around since the No 4 era - shortly before No 4 came out, IIRC.

I'm still here, far less than I used to be, but I still check the board a few times a week.

onecagedtiger

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 04:37:04 PM »
Im still alive.... lurking mostly, actually enjoying the "fans" more now that everyone has grown a bit older and wiser and no argueing about who is the bigger fan.  Ahhh... the days.

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 05:51:34 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
There's an oldschool members topic somewhere on here.  Actually, a lot of oldschoolers (let's say... pre Tiny Music) actually came out of the woodwork right before the "reunion tour" - but some were never found (Anyone know where Lux, Teeth, or Funky Temple went?)

Most of us "oldschoolers" are like you, though, life got in the way of our obsession.  Sean's married to a hot chick and living in every cool place you can think of (I know he's been in DC, Vegas, and LA) - Jason is all successful and shit and has his beautiful family to pay attention to - Rik and Ivy are all lovey-dovey and getting married.  I got a random email from Brian (OneCagedTiger) last week - he's alive and doing well in Florida.

Me?  I'm here sometimes and not here sometimes.  Life has been busy after the wedding - Tony and I have been looking at houses and enjoying married life.  I have a feeling things will pick up again with this massive tour/new album.   :)

Lol!  John Stamos.....somethings never change....lol
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 07:20:28 PM »
some STP internet memories....
I remember the old STP official site that had the lava lamps and slow loading graphics in 1996.  I also remember the competing STP sites (what was the feud about)? When 'Down' leaked to the net (someone made a MP3 of a radio broadcast), I remember one site claimed "you heard it here first" which set off a huge fight on the message boards.   Anyone remember the 'Coma' movement?  Hard to believe that I've been a STP fan for over 14 years but they've only released 2 albums of new music in all that time
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 11:05:32 AM »
WoW! That was my reaction when someone mentioned the old Silvergun Superman website. I vaguely remember what it looked like but remember people posting on there and whatnot. I've been using the internet since the mid to later 90's and remember walking to the library to use net and going on the old STP website with the lava lamp and slow loadings etc. Definitely seen the changes over the years but it has always been nice to have a source to chat and find out about new STP info! I've always been here since the early days and reading up on what's going on but didn't officially become a member since about a few years ago. I never really kept in touch with people on here, so not sure if I'm considered a Where are they now person? lol

O0

onecagedtiger

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 02:52:53 PM »
Those old lava lamps were so cool.  I wonder if they are around somewhere... hiding on the internet waiting to be found.  Of course, like all memories, they might best be served staying where they are.  I remember being excited about Tiny music coming out, and seeing all the pictures of them on tour before they got here in Florida.  None of the pictures did the stage justice.

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »
What was the address of above mentioned Silvergun Superman site?
I will be very grateful if you'll post addresses of all old STP websites you remember.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 04:20:19 PM »
I jumped on in late 2001 or early 2002. I guess I'm not quite old school, but I'll call myself a veteran.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 07:15:30 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
I jumped on in late 2001 or early 2002. I guess I'm not quite old school, but I'll call myself a veteran.

I thought you were an old school member, just saying  ;)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 05:40:49 PM »
OK - first off, we all know about the Wayback Machine, right?  Takes you back in time to websites from other dimensions.  To the best of my knowledge, you need the Wayback to access any of these anymore - just paste the URL into the appropriate space on that page.

Like my old site:

A New Meditation:
www.geocities.com/anewmeditation   :D

Silvergun Superman
www.stpilots.com
(I think the Wayback can only get you to where Erik took over, not the older, Mills version)

Adhesive and Vasoline
www.toptown.com/nowhere/anti-you
(Says "Check out Below Empty, the newest addition to the STP Community" )

Opposite Octave Reaction:
http://members.tripod.com/~scotty_5/index.html      
(Weiland Solo Site)

That's all I've got for now.  I had all the old STP site links saved on my old computer, and sadly, she's looooong gone.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 06:20:03 PM »
Check out the Official Site for a new message from Scott. Oh, and on a side note, if you see Jessie from A New Meditation run away as fast as you can!

Hahaha found that on Silvergun Supermen.  Thanks for the links Jessie, brought back memories.  Too bad they didn't have Silvergun circa 1998 on the way back machine.