September 19, 2024, 07:35:20 PM

Author Topic: 2010-05-23 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center  (Read 24612 times)

Bipolarbear126

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-05-23 - Camden, NJ - MMR*B*Q 2010 @ Susquehanna Ban
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2010, 05:57:04 AM »
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"
What?!?! Jerry Cantrell came on for Sex Type Thing?!?! Ahhh why couldn't he do that last night?! Hahaha thats awesome though what a treat!

This show was amazing! For my first STP concert, it was great! The people there were great, the location, everything...

And I felt very honored that the first time I heard Sex Type Thing live, freakin' Jerry Cantrell played with them!! I was hopping and singing along.

I was singing along to all of the songs. Good thing i have tomorrow off from work because I lost my voice. Lol. I was at the Lawn area so I didn't get any good pictures other than a few from the big screen which are crappy quality.
Cocaine. Alcohol. Lady-lay. Withdrawal.

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2010, 06:27:42 AM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
vegas crackerman posted on FB that he has vid of stt

This show was SO MUCH BETTER than the DC101 show yesterday.

What these guys do is so special....they can make a tired old man feel young again, even if for only 90+ minutes!!!

I was really tired after the day-long festival yesterday, and had a long day today as well.

1st band I saw today was FUEL w/ Brett Scallions.  Damn they just FUCKING brought it today.  They only played maybe 6 or 7 songs, but they were really good.  Brett is probably one of THE BEST Scott Weiland imitators in the business.

After FUEL - they emptied the PIT and seated areas just to have us line up to re-enter the PIT area.  Someone at the radio station, please fix this.  If you have a LAWN ticket, take your ass to the LAWN...none of this "clear out after X bands play" stuff.

Next was Three Days Grace - I dig their hits off their debut album, but don't know much of their newer stuff.  Good enough show, lead singer couldn't stop saying "Come On" to the crowd trying to get a singalong going.  

Alice in Chains came out as night began to drop.  Jesus did they get everyone fired up!  All the stoners were waiting for "Man in the Box", but I thought "Acid Bubble" was the best jam of the night.

STP came on around 9:30 and tore the roof off the place with "Vasoline".  SW was looking quite stylish in a black suit and red tie, and was sounding VERY GOOD - pretty much nailed all songs lyrically this evening.  "BAGMAN" and "TUMBLE" were especially good.

When Scott started talking about "legendary bands", I knew he was going to bring Jerry out.  I'm uploading the copy I've got of STT w/ Cantrell, but the audio is just garbage.  I picked up a new Canon Powershot SX210IS last weekend and tried it out on these two gigs.  They pick up way too much bass and distort the audio.  Sorry guys.

Some dude got to start off D&B out of the crowd tonight...he looked like he was going to have a panic attack up there!  Anyways, congrats to you dude!

So much for the mini-tour, hope the fellas have safe travels overseas!!!
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2010, 06:58:58 AM »
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Bipolarbear126

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2010, 07:12:51 AM »
STP sounded great! Scott missed a couple of notes, but overall he was on point.

Yeah, that fan who sang the intro to Dead and Bloated, I was a bit jealous. Lol.

And for those who say Bagman is the weakest song on the album, you have to hear it live. I always liked it, but it sounds even better live!
Cocaine. Alcohol. Lady-lay. Withdrawal.

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2010, 07:14:44 AM »
wow weiland's vocals on that sex type thing video are really, REALLY impressive. you could tell he was giving a little extra effort for mr. cantrell :)

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2010, 07:24:45 AM »
wow, so soar....

stp twice in 24 hours is hard to do

this show was leaps and bounds better than the night before in DC --  but that's' not to say that DC wasn't incredible, cause it was... hahah....can't belive it, my ears are still ringing...

i'll have to report in early tomorrow, too beat up right now...
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

Lanegan7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2010, 07:48:51 AM »
What an amazing day, all seven bands were fantastic.

Having Pit tickets and seeing two of my favorite bands ever was something really special.

Plus I got a guitar pic thrown by Duvall  O0

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2010, 07:51:06 AM »
Video is still processing - but here is the link...should work pretty soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH-l5cpZ-lo

Again...trying out a new camera, I think the audio is pretty much *blah*...
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2010, 02:52:33 PM »
I had no clue Fuel was back together with Brett. Although, reading Wikipedia, it's basically Brett with some other people now, not the originals. I guess he somehow got the rights to the band name? Think Guns N' Roses...

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2010, 03:03:59 PM »
Quote from: "VeiledTrickerySTP"
I had no clue Fuel was back together with Brett. Although, reading Wikipedia, it's basically Brett with some other people now, not the originals. I guess he somehow got the rights to the band name? Think Guns N' Roses...
I believed there are two Fuel's.
One with Brett called Re-Fueled and the other with the rest of the guys.
 ???

Didn't some other hair metal band do the same thing with two versions of the same band??
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

drainu182

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile

n25philly

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2010, 04:26:12 PM »
Quote from: "Bipolarbear126"
STP sounded great! Scott missed a couple of notes, but overall he was on point.

Yeah, that fan who sang the intro to Dead and Bloated, I was a bit jealous. Lol.

And for those who say Bagman is the weakest song on the album, you have to hear it live. I always liked it, but it sounds even better live!

I was there last night, and Bagman does sound really good live.  I would have rather heard Hazy Daze or Fast as I can but I certainly can't complain as they put on one hell of a show beginning to end.  Even my girlfriend only looked mildly disgusted with being there during their set.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2010, 05:43:31 PM »

Carl Bell kept the name Fuel when Scallions left the band. Scallions eventually decided to reform with the original Fuel bassist and called that band Re-Fueled. But recently, Carl Bell's "Fuel" basically broke up to pursue other things, so Brett Scallions took the chance to take the name Fuel back. I believe the original bassist is gone now, so it is basically Scallions and three new guys calling themselves Fuel.

Anywho, nice to hear we had another great STP show... This year really seems to be a reawakening of that old STP spark.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2010, 05:55:55 PM »
STT with Cantrell  :o GREAT!! guess I watched every different video of this...

Quote from: "drainu182"
Review, pics, videos, enjoy! http://http://theaudioperv.com/2010/05/24/stone-temple-pilots-rock-mmr-bbq-523-reviewpicsvideos/
Love Dean's pants
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2010, 06:45:20 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"

Carl Bell kept the name Fuel when Scallions left the band. Scallions eventually decided to reform with the original Fuel bassist and called that band Re-Fueled. But recently, Carl Bell's "Fuel" basically broke up to pursue other things, so Brett Scallions took the chance to take the name Fuel back. I believe the original bassist is gone now, so it is basically Scallions and three new guys calling themselves Fuel.

Anywho, nice to hear we had another great STP show... This year really seems to be a reawakening of that old STP spark.

Well, sounds like the current Fuel with Brett ain't too shabby. Good to hear.