September 20, 2024, 04:48:50 AM

Author Topic: 2010-05-23 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center  (Read 24622 times)

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-05-23 - Camden, NJ - MMR*B*Q 2010 @ Susquehanna BankCtr
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2010, 09:05:20 AM »
wow, i've been trying all day to purchase just 1 ticket through the radio presale and it keeps coming up "no tix available" what the hell? i really hope there's pit tix left for friday's public onsale. i went 2 years ago when stp played. great time. i gotta make it back to this.
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

PaperHeart10687

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2010, 10:21:41 AM »
Hey Cotis the lawn at the susquehanna isn't sloped as bad as the PNC arts center if you've ever been there. On a scale of 1-10 I would say it is a 4 maybe 3. I've made audio recordings from the lawn there, depending on the wind and such they can come out decent, never done video there though. Some shows seem to sound better than others, I saw Jane's Addiction there this summer and the sound was very clear but the only downside is that it was a little to low, could've used more volume. Security shouldn't be a problem either especially if you're in the middle of the lawn. The only thing security really cares about there is fighting and not much else. Also I was wondering if you were ever going to upload the STP video you took from Reading back in October on Dimeadozen? Dying to see it, that was such a great show. Well anyway I'll be on the lawn as well, maybe I'll see ya there.

P.S. The area around the venue is usually swarmed with cops, the most you'll get there is Winos trying to sell coke or ask for some spare chang, my advice is don't buy the coke(cause I've heard some of them are undercover and even if it they weren't I can't imagine the quality of the drugs is all that good :-)  but give them some change so they don't fuck up your car when you go inside.  I've been there several times got lost once in Camden it was scary shit but the signs are pretty clear if you're going back I-95. However I wouldn't ask anyone for directions if you're lost in Camden except for a cop. Hope this advice helps.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2010, 02:45:10 PM »
It baffles me why STP and AIC would play in places like Camden when both have the potential to be playing Madison Square Garden. AIC would be more suited since they're touring their album, but when STP comes out with their new stuff they'd be good to play MSG.

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2010, 05:18:57 PM »
Quote from: "STP92"
It baffles me why STP and AIC would play in places like Camden when both have the potential to be playing Madison Square Garden. AIC would be more suited since they're touring their album, but when STP comes out with their new stuff they'd be good to play MSG.

Do you really think STP would sell out the Garden anymore???  I mean I love them but I don't think that would happen.  STP and AIC together probably would.  I'd rather see them in a smaller venue like Starland Ballroom or Theater of Living Arts in Philly *awesome place to see a concert btw*

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2010, 05:52:09 PM »
Quote from: "Stpilots98"
Quote from: "STP92"

Do you really think STP would sell out the Garden anymore???  I mean I love them but I don't think that would happen.  STP and AIC together probably would.  I'd rather see them in a smaller venue like Starland Ballroom or Theater of Living Arts in Philly *awesome place to see a concert btw*

Unless their album makes a buttload of sales, I don't see them playing MSG, or big arena tours. They just don't have the following to do so. Not even sure if a double bill of AIC and STP would either. If both bands did a HUGE show with say a reunited Soundgarden, then maybe.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2010, 09:04:48 PM »
Quote from: "PaperHeart10687"
Hey Cotis the lawn at the susquehanna isn't sloped as bad as the PNC arts center if you've ever been there. On a scale of 1-10 I would say it is a 4 maybe 3. I've made audio recordings from the lawn there, depending on the wind and such they can come out decent, never done video there though. Some shows seem to sound better than others, I saw Jane's Addiction there this summer and the sound was very clear but the only downside is that it was a little to low, could've used more volume. Security shouldn't be a problem either especially if you're in the middle of the lawn. The only thing security really cares about there is fighting and not much else. Also I was wondering if you were ever going to upload the STP video you took from Reading back in October on Dimeadozen? Dying to see it, that was such a great show. Well anyway I'll be on the lawn as well, maybe I'll see ya there.

thanks for the tips!

About the STP show, it is on my "to-do" list. Have like 3/4 other shows before that I am currently working on (just finished Jane's Addiction at PNC) so it's going to be done shortly! I'm assuming someone will record audio so I won't rely on my camcorder audio too much.

I've never sat in the lawn (anywhere) before so excuse me for being a noob on this...am I allowed to bring a chair/blanket something to sit on? If I can just throw it in a bag I can bring some good things to assist in my filming ;)

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP and ALICE Headline WMMR BQ - May 23, 2010
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2010, 01:27:57 AM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
Quote from: "CMCracker"
aww madn i wanna gooooooooooooo!!  How far is NJ from chicago?

I'll go if you go Cori!!  MedicBarbie is gonna be there!!  Seriously...it's Memorial day weekend!  Maybe we can pick up Jessie & Deniece along the way!

Camden is 14hrs from Rockford, 10hrs from Howell ;D

I'M GOOOOOING!!! Eeeek!

teddyd97

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2010, 01:57:13 AM »
Cotis you can bring chairs and blankets into the lawn.  A lot of people sit and chill more toward the back and the front is more standing.  From the front you can see the stage (its small), and the back you can only really see video.  All the times I've been there the sound is fine wherever you're at.  

As far as it being in Camden, its not too bad.  We take the Patco train over from Philly, which requires more walking than walking to the parking lots, and have never had a problem.

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2010, 04:54:50 AM »

I'll go if you go Cori!!  MedicBarbie is gonna be there!!  Seriously...it's Memorial day weekend!  Maybe we can pick up Jessie & Deniece along the way!

All of you BG's are welcome to come stay with me.. we're gonna make a weekend of it....

Mel2 has never been to NYC!!!

JESSIE!!! GET YOUR ASS TO NJ!!!  DENIECE!!!  YOU TOO, even if it means I'm picking up tabs... LET ME KNOW!!!!!    I'm buying tix tomorrow - and can fit 7 in Ethel, maybe more, we're kinda little :P  Who wants to drive from my house to Camden (about 15 minutes.... cuz I'm gonna par-tay!)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2010, 05:15:27 AM »
STP could fill MSG as long as the prices are affordable.  They sold out the Hollywood Bowl in 2008 in LA which holds 18,000 people.  In big market cities STP can draw big, with AIC supporting they could easily do it.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2010, 06:18:51 AM »
Quote from: "teddyd97"
Cotis you can bring chairs and blankets into the lawn.  A lot of people sit and chill more toward the back and the front is more standing.  From the front you can see the stage (its small), and the back you can only really see video.  All the times I've been there the sound is fine wherever you're at.  

As far as it being in Camden, its not too bad.  We take the Patco train over from Philly, which requires more walking than walking to the parking lots, and have never had a problem.

do you mean video screens? wouldn't be bad filming that...

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2010, 05:17:55 PM »
I worked in Camden for about 5 or 6 years.... it's not bad down by the waterfront, and there's plenty of police presence....   So, don't be worried about the venue.

If my tall blonde scrawny ass isn't afraid, you boys shouldn't be!

Woot woot!!!  BE Bitch reunion in Jersey!

I find it amusing that the concert takes place on the very day I joined BE 2 years ago!  I've been here 2 years?  Seriously???   :)  Thanks Rik!!!

teddyd97

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2010, 05:47:28 PM »
Quote from: "cotis"

do you mean video screens? wouldn't be bad filming that...

yea there are 2 or 3 vid screens depending where you're at on the lawn

heres a pic for you
http://http://www.johnsuder.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/tweeter.jpg

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2010, 06:03:19 PM »
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"

All of you BG's are welcome to come stay with me.. we're gonna make a weekend of it....

Mel2 has never been to NYC!!!

JESSIE!!! GET YOUR ASS TO NJ!!!  DENIECE!!!  YOU TOO, even if it means I'm picking up tabs... LET ME KNOW!!!!!    I'm buying tix tomorrow - and can fit 7 in Ethel, maybe more, we're kinda little :P  Who wants to drive from my house to Camden (about 15 minutes.... cuz I'm gonna par-tay!)

Sweet baby Jesus...sounds like there will be some serious BE representation at this gig!!!

Count the VC in, and I'm working on getting the aH there as well...
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2010, 06:24:51 PM »
seriously, what the hell? did all the pit tix get sold for the radio presale? don't think that's too fair, but i guess it is what it is...

i just don't think it's worth going unless you're in the pit. i'm gonna see how long i can hold out before i crack and buy a damn seat.

if anybody here has an extra pit ticket or you think you might later....PLEASE let me know. i'll buy it and if i have to i'll pay extra.

i really want to go to this show bad, but only if i can get a pit ticket.
anyone help?
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!