September 19, 2024, 08:24:54 AM

Author Topic: Spin.com: In The Studio: Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 19188 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Spin.com: In The Studio: Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 10:39:26 PM »
Quote from: "STPCreep"
I can't wait for Brett to read this haha. The band that is so "retarded"...just like Them Crooked Vultures were "retarded"
I said internet retarded, which they probably would admit they are, don't twist my words asshole.  I like TCV.  I'm glad Rob and Dean did this, cool of them to give us an update and song titles.  Can't wait for the record!

What about Scott's sobriety? How has that affected the recording process?
Dean: Sobriety? What the fuck are you talking about? Scott does what he does.

hahahahaha

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

STPCreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 10:43:07 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
They're the most retarded band ever when it comes to fan communication.  There's a reason nobody follows Scott's Twitter, all he does is shill his record label shit on it.  They should be doing V-logs, or at least a few updates on their website, which is the shittiest band website ever.  STP still think it's 1965.

Maybe they like to keep things hidden, just like that quote from Scott. TCV did the same thing. I'm not twisting words. Bands shouldn't always tweet "We're tracking guitars, drums, etc." Just a little thing saying they're in the studio every few months is good enough.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 10:50:05 PM »
They're the most retarded band ever when it comes to fan communication.  There's a reason nobody follows Scott's Twitter, all he does is shill his record label shit on it.  They should be doing V-logs, or at least a few updates on their website, which is the shittiest band website ever.  STP still think it's 1965.

Maybe they like to keep things hidden, just like that quote from Scott. TCV did the same thing. I'm not twisting words. Bands shouldn't always tweet "We're tracking guitars, drums, etc." Just a little thing saying they're in the studio every few months is good enough.
I was mainly frustrated that Scott kept saying they were almost done with the album when they weren't.  He also said they were going to go home to finish the album and then they did another tour.  I'd just like to have heard a little more communication, not an update every 5 minutes, I understand wanting to build some mystique.  With TCV total secrecy worked because they were a brand new supergroup so there was legit intrigue and mystery behind it.  Also that post had some anger in it, but I stand by the fact that their website sucks and that Scott's Twitter isn't as popular as it could be haha.  I'm HAPPY about this interview and thrilled to hear new album details.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 10:55:21 PM »
I can't wait for Brett to read this haha. The band that is so "retarded"...just like Them Crooked Vultures were "retarded"
I said internet retarded, which they probably would admit they are, don't twist my words asshole.  I like TCV.  I'm glad Rob and Dean did this, cool of them to give us an update and song titles.  Can't wait for the record!

hahahahaha

You can call people assholes on this site?!!??????

AWESOME!  >:D
If you only knew..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 11:14:00 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"

hahahahaha

You can call people assholes on this site?!!??????

AWESOME!  >:D

FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS, ASSHOLE!!!

Just kidding.  ;)
Bleeda blooda

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 11:18:42 PM »
This really did make my day!

I knew there would be an interview with some insight on the new album...The Deleo's are so cool. Robert's humor cracks me up haha.

So so excited !!!

That pic from the studio is so bad ass...new background for sure.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 11:55:26 PM »
This is brilliant news, that was a good interview and they sounded really positive.

It's been such a long wait for this album, but I know it's gonna be worth it, that's not even a question in my mind. STP have never let us down when it comes to making a great album, despite their appalling track record at pretty much everything else.  :P

bigvin22

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 12:09:45 AM »
I had a pretty shitty day at work....but this just made it so much better!!

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 01:18:36 AM »
HURRRRRRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!. at this rate we'll probably get a new single by late march or april and I'll be able to experience for the first time in my life the release of a new STP record. This is awesome!

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 01:27:17 AM »
It's cool what's happening. STP seems to be exactly where they need to be after all these years. Articles like this reassure me that maybe they'll stay together for good this time, and that we can enjoy years of new STP music coming out.

Dean's quote though, is he suggesting that Scott isn't sober, or that Scott is just a good singer either way?
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 01:29:31 AM »
Quote from: "MrKerosene"
It's cool what's happening. STP seems to be exactly where they need to be after all these years. Articles like this reassure me that maybe they'll stay together for good this time, and that we can enjoy years of new STP music coming out.

Dean's quote though, is he suggesting that Scott isn't sober, or that Scott is just a good singer either way?

Seriously wondering the same thing... maybe Dean meant for it to be that vague?  Interesting, though...

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 01:48:21 AM »
I hear the new album title is "aged since 1969"

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 01:52:56 AM »
Quote from: "Son Of Sam"
I hear the new album title is "aged since 1969"

Nah the new album is titled "Silly Ways and Silly Games"

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 02:31:36 AM »
Fucking AWESOME!

This is the stuff we've all been waiting to hear!
To say I'm excited is an understatement!

May can't come soon enough!

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 02:52:38 AM »
Quote from: "emerick55"
Quote from: "MrKerosene"

Seriously wondering the same thing... maybe Dean meant for it to be that vague?  Interesting, though...

Dean says the same thing whenever Scott is supposedly sober. Basically, we don't know. Even Dean doesn't know whether Scott's sober or not.
Grab the hate and drown it out...