September 19, 2024, 07:45:05 PM

Author Topic: Spin.com: In The Studio: Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 19195 times)

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Spin.com: In The Studio: Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2010, 03:47:30 PM »
Well, it has been close to a month since the album was mixed, that is to say, if it was mixed according to plan. We should be getting some news sooner then later. I really hope the album isn't self titled.The fact that we haven't heard a name yet makes me a little curious. You would think artwork and track listing are in the near future as well as a release date which should be the first thing divulged.

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2010, 11:25:01 PM »
im sure this record is goin to have a cool name with scott he always comes up with cool unusual names for songs and albums that would be awsome if we get a single soon and a title tho

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2010, 10:14:31 PM »
Quote from: "Garrett"
I'm excited about the 60s vibe.  Maybe we'll get a single next month??

That's what caught my eye as well, you can tell that is the kind of feel from all the jamming they have been at shows since the reunion in 08.

I think we will be hearing some new news shortly...the spin article was released a month ago yesterday.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2010, 10:51:28 PM »
I imagine they will release the single a few weeks before they go on tour, so that they don't lose momentum by wating a month after it's release to play it live. So I'll guess about mid March is when we'll get a single
Grab the hate and drown it out...

stpmatt

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »
I'll be counting down the days when they annonce a release date.  I'm getting really excited for this album.  STP doesn't need to save rock in roll just this void I've had for 9 years.  

Prediction: album drops May 18th...

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2010, 01:08:02 PM »
Quote from: "stpmatt"
I'll be counting down the days when they annonce a release date.  I'm getting really excited for this album.  STP doesn't need to save rock in roll just this void I've had for 9 years.  

Prediction: album drops May 18th...
I keep thinking May 18th too, Scott said last night that they just finished mastering the album and it usually takes exactly 3 months after that happens for the record to come out.  Hopefully it comes out in early May though!  This is definitely my most anticipated album of all time and the culmination of my STP fandom, I'll probably skip class the day the album leaks (yeah I admit, I'll download that shit the second it gets out there.  I'll still buy 10 copies though).

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

randallanddarcy

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2010, 01:27:00 AM »
Who produced 'All in that Suit that you Wear?" Was that Brendan? Usually when bands self-produce it doesn't go too well...we'll have to wait and see...
STP: August 21 and 23 2001. June 14 and 16 2010.
VR: Jan 2005, June 2005, March 2008.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2010, 01:33:48 AM »
Quote from: "randallanddarcy"
Who produced 'All in that Suit that you Wear?" Was that Brendan? Usually when bands self-produce it doesn't go too well...we'll have to wait and see...

No, they produced it themselves.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2010, 08:49:50 AM »
Robert DeLeo: Yep, we just finished the last two songs at my home studio, and we're going through the editing process and getting everything sounding tasty. A gentleman by the name of Chris Lord-Alge, who actually mixed a song of ours back in early 2000 called "All in the Suit That You Wear," will mix the new album.

Ahh... so AITSTYW actually predates SLDD...interesting...

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2010, 08:55:34 AM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
Robert DeLeo: Yep, we just finished the last two songs at my home studio, and we're going through the editing process and getting everything sounding tasty. A gentleman by the name of Chris Lord-Alge, who actually mixed a song of ours back in early 2000 called "All in the Suit That You Wear," will mix the new album.

I think Rob meant "early 00's", not "early 2000".

http://www.belowempty.com/Discography/S ... u_wear.php
This song was originally recorded in May 2002 after STP's spring tour. The band did some sessions to record new material, and this is one of the (reportedly 4) songs they did at that time.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

bigvin22

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2010, 04:48:19 PM »
I cannot wait for this!  I'm not trying to read too much or over analyze anything.  I'm just going to listen to the album like I always do with open eyes and ears and will most likely love it like the rest of the albums.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2010, 03:33:34 AM »
I didn't know they supposedly recorded three other tunes along with Suit. Does anybody have any information on these tunes at all? This is the first I have heard of this. Where did this information come from?

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2010, 09:36:35 PM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"

It was originally supposed to appear on the Spiderman movie soundtrack I believe..
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..