September 19, 2024, 07:31:38 PM

Author Topic: Spin.com: In The Studio: Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 19194 times)

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
Re: Spin.com: In The Studio: Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 03:00:33 AM »
Quote from: "Blue"
Quote from: "emerick55"
Quote from: "MrKerosene"
It's cool what's happening. STP seems to be exactly where they need to be after all these years. Articles like this reassure me that maybe they'll stay together for good this time, and that we can enjoy years of new STP music coming out.

Dean's quote though, is he suggesting that Scott isn't sober, or that Scott is just a good singer either way?

Seriously wondering the same thing... maybe Dean meant for it to be that vague?  Interesting, though...

Dean says the same thing whenever Scott is supposedly sober. Basically, we don't know. Even Dean doesn't know whether Scott's sober or not.

hrm.. :-
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 03:26:27 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
I was mainly frustrated that Scott kept saying they were almost done with the album when they weren't.  He also said they were going to go home to finish the album and then they did another tour.  I'd just like to have heard a little more communication, not an update every 5 minutes, I understand wanting to build some mystique.  With TCV total secrecy worked because they were a brand new supergroup so there was legit intrigue and mystery behind it.  Also that post had some anger in it, but I stand by the fact that their website sucks and that Scott's Twitter isn't as popular as it could be haha.  I'm HAPPY about this interview and thrilled to hear new album details.

LOL.  I would think you would have learned by now not to take anything Scott says as fact, before hearing it from a manager or another member of whatever band he is currently in.  Scotts a hell of a musician, but his mouth gets ahead of the rest of him with stunning frequency.  He talks a lot, mostly in ideas, not so much in facts.  Look at the past.  Its been like this since the beginning.  If you recall sometime ago you went off Scotts "word" and said the album should be out by Christmas.  And if you also recall I told you then that there was no way and it wouldnt be out before spring, likely summer.  

With Scott, Brett, you are best to just take any happenings as possibilities and checking in.  He's never going to be as involved or update-friendly as the other more clued-in musicians.  The Eddie Vedders and the Billy Corgans of the world.  Never take anything he says as concrete.  Yes, STPs website sucks, yes, Scotts Twitter sucks, yes, Deleo bros and DG do way more for Scott that he does for himself.  This isnt new, Brett.  Sure Scott's one of my favorite musicians too, but you gotta be realistic with him.  This is the way things have been since '92.  

In short- Of all the things STP is one thing is for sure: They've NEVER been punctual.  Never expect anything from them.  Just hope for the best.  :)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 03:46:15 AM »
I know not to trust what Scott says, I just wish he'd be honest sometimes.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 04:16:22 AM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
I was mainly frustrated that Scott kept saying they were almost done with the album when they weren't.  He also said they were going to go home to finish the album and then they did another tour.  I'd just like to have heard a little more communication, not an update every 5 minutes, I understand wanting to build some mystique.  With TCV total secrecy worked because they were a brand new supergroup so there was legit intrigue and mystery behind it.  Also that post had some anger in it, but I stand by the fact that their website sucks and that Scott's Twitter isn't as popular as it could be haha.  I'm HAPPY about this interview and thrilled to hear new album details.

LOL.  I would think you would have learned by now not to take anything Scott says as fact, before hearing it from a manager or another member of whatever band he is currently in.  Scotts a hell of a musician, but his mouth gets ahead of the rest of him with stunning frequency.  He talks a lot, mostly in ideas, not so much in facts.  Look at the past.  Its been like this since the beginning.  If you recall sometime ago you went off Scotts "word" and said the album should be out by Christmas.  And if you also recall I told you then that there was no way and it wouldnt be out before spring, likely summer.  

With Scott, Brett, you are best to just take any happenings as possibilities and checking in.  He's never going to be as involved or update-friendly as the other more clued-in musicians.  The Eddie Vedders and the Billy Corgans of the world.  Never take anything he says as concrete.  Yes, STPs website sucks, yes, Scotts Twitter sucks, yes, Deleo bros and DG do way more for Scott that he does for himself.  This isnt new, Brett.  Sure Scott's one of my favorite musicians too, but you gotta be realistic with him.  This is the way things have been since '92.  

In short- Of all the things STP is one thing is for sure: They've NEVER been punctual.  Never expect anything from them.  Just hope for the best.  :)

Exactly what i had been  saying for a while and i hope al ot of people appreciate this album cuz it's gonna be a while til we hear another one. it's obvious what Scott's future is..i'm not saying he is leaving STP but you know....
I bet he's got half of his 3rd solo album done just like he had half of happy during VR.

Their ways with communication doesn't bother me as much i mean i don't care how old school you are trying to be even older artist from back before the internet and mtv wish they had ways to communicate and share music to see how the fans respond to it. I'm not one to think it's all about the fans when it comes to rock music, art is art and it shouldn't be changed or forced to please others, leave that to the pop stars. what bugs me is the fact that they barely have any momentum and i hope it does as well as Black Gives Way To Blue.
If you only knew..

Silvergun132

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 04:35:36 AM »
This is kick ass news!!!  So Don Was isn't producing the album??  The interview seems to indicate that the Deleo's produced this one.  That's cool with me!  I called May a while ago for the release date--I knew they wouldn't have this album out by March, but let's hope for a single by the end of March at least....

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 05:21:41 AM »
wow, its been 9 years man. How time flys. Now the album is recorded and just needs to be mixed and its done. I feel blessed we get to hear another STP record. I'm excited!

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 06:58:16 AM »
May, huh... well damn. IM LOSING MY PATIENCE!

But hopefully between now and then they'll get in some good promoting, and by the time May rolls around they'll get the comeback they've been looking for. I'm stoked for this album.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 07:00:09 AM »
Quote from: "Lazy Divey"
Woo finally some info.

Huckleberry Crumble??????  Seriously?

Not any weirder than Big Bang Baby, Too Cool Queenie or Kitchenware and Candybars, am I right?

PS sorry for double-posting

Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=127989536
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 07:13:56 AM »
We should be hearing the first single pretty soon then  ;D
Sin makes me strong.

capt_caveman

• Maver
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Take A Load Off
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zooind.tumblr.com
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 07:36:15 AM »
This is awesome news... Can't wait for the months ahead. That pic is very cool as well.
Cause she could play the six string better than those macho pendejos

shambhala

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 01:32:01 PM »
thanks for posting this.......super cool pic..........I can't wait for the new tunes!  ;)

Sledgehammers of Truth

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 01:38:55 PM »
This is where things start getting so exciting.  I love reading articles like this.  It makes me feel like a kid again.  Just hearing two song titles has made my day.  Between the Lines and Huckleberry Crumble.  I'm going to have a hard time NOT skipping right to those songs when I finally get the disc.  I really love how they have always had these kinds of silly titles (well there's nothing really silly about Between the Lines).  I'm intrigued because Robert referred to one of these as sounding like Paul Revere and the Raiders.  I love that there's going to be a kind of 60s vibe to these.  But I also understand that's how their ears hear it, so it could have a different feel to us too.  But their excitement about the album has got me really happy.   I wonder why there wasn't anything mentioned about Don Was.  Oh well, it's starting to get real now.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »
Quote from: "MrKerosene"

is he suggesting that Scott isn't sober,

Not sure about drugs, but Scott's been pretty open about his drinking especially during interviews around the release of HIG
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2010, 04:11:19 PM »
Great news!

I am really interested in the one track that sounds like Paul Revere and the Raiders. That's one of the bands that my dad listens too. I just thought that was kind of cool.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »
I know not to trust what Scott says, I just wish he'd be honest sometimes.

Not going to happen. Ever. I would stop wishing for that because it's an unrealistic hope that's bound to get you disappointed.