September 30, 2024, 10:25:53 PM

Author Topic: Seven Caged Tigers, A Good Idea ?  (Read 6877 times)

nomis

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Seven Caged Tigers, A Good Idea ?
« on: October 13, 2009, 11:16:36 PM »
Just flew from the UK to see the band in Portsmouth an Reading, absolutely enjoyed every minute of both of the gigs, I knew they were to play SCT and was really looking forward to this but it seemed an opportunity for half of the crowd to go take a piss which really upset me, good on the guys for keeping it in the set for the purists, but was it such  a good idea to play it straight after Interstate ?

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Seven Caged Tigers, A Good Idea ?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 11:52:30 PM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping it in the setlist, but right after Plush AND Interstate is not a good idea. Actually now that I think about it, they should take out Seven Caged Tigers and just throw in another rarity. Like maybe put Meatplow in for Seven Caged Tigers and keep Silvergun as the opener? I dunno I don't really care I'm not seeing them anymore on this tour so my opinion doesnt really matter lol
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 12:01:20 AM »
Maybe they should just play Wet My Bed after Plush and Interstate. At least it would go along with the theme of everyone going to take a piss! ;D

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 12:16:41 AM »
I love seeing songs that aren't hits in their setlist, and I think anybody who goes to the bathroom instead of watching Seven Caged Tigers is missing out on an amazing song.

And I think Meatplow is a wicked opener for the set, because it's friggin' heavy and those first notes hit you like a freight train. And it's a damn good opener to one of their greatest albums.
Bleeda blooda

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 12:22:14 AM »
I think it would be best to have the plush/ILS combo finish off the main set, and then youd start the encore with something more rare,, ie: 7CT

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 12:27:20 AM »
I know what's a good idea....not questioning whether to play Seven Caged Tigers or not. That's what we are always thriving for and always hoping, for STP to play the rarities. Most of us are saying, ok I saw STP 3 times in a row or whatnot and always playing "the hits" SO for them to play a gem like Seven Caged Tigers is amazingly awesome! I guess people getting up to take a piss during 7CT are not the true fans anyways. Forget them, bring on more of the STP rarities!!

O0

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 12:36:29 AM »
I would probably take a piss break during Plush and  Interstate, and stay for the other songs :D  jk  But I have not seen them for about a year so I would love to hear S.C.T.  and Unglued.  I'm waiting for another show near LA.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 12:53:35 AM »
Quote from: "Casual"
I would probably take a piss break during Plush and  Interstate, and stay for the other songs :D  jk  But I have not seen them for about a year so I would love to hear S.C.T.  and Unglued.  I'm waiting for another show near LA.

I always make sure to only drink a little bit before I go into the concert, and then pee when I get there so I can stay where I am for STP.  ;D I usually go to a restaurant after I see shows, so if I'm hungry it's not that big of a deal.
Bleeda blooda

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 01:35:20 AM »
I pee during Creep

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 01:43:13 AM »
I can't count all the people that kept leaving at mohegan and they were like amazing at mohegan
If you only knew..

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 03:07:26 AM »
Having to pee while in the GA is the worst thing ever since you don't want to lose your spot... I'd rather piss my pants, though, than miss an STP song (j/k.. but not really)..

I make sure to clear that out of my head anytime I see them. But I always have my empty beer bottle handy just in case..
--Rob--

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 04:40:49 AM »
I hate leaving early/missing a part of ANY concert I go to. I want the whole fucking experience, no interruptions lol
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 01:38:18 PM »
Ha, last show I went to (last summer, skipped this tour, I've seen these songs 8x times) (I miss the Purple Show I saw, Tiny Music Show, No. 4 show and Shangri-la shows which all played deeper cuts, yes even the Shangri show, the setlists are on here).... anyway, took a piss during Sour Girl.  About what I think about the song, that's not fair, it's not bad, just.... much, I've seen it plenty and don't mind missing it... plus the beer.  Never during 7CT though.

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 04:41:48 PM »
Getting to hear 7CT again is so completely awesome, I don't mind WHERE in the set they play it.

Be happy they are playing it this tour, see it if at all possible, because it may not be in the set next go-around.

And for those who miss it in favor of visiting the facilities...their loss.
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 04:55:11 PM »
Let them take a piss and miss out on a rare gem. Hell, I took a break during Sour Girl. I still heard it.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..