October 01, 2024, 08:21:00 PM

Author Topic: Thom Yorke makes joke about STP  (Read 9868 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Thom Yorke makes joke about STP
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:04:20 PM »
F him

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 03:05:06 PM »
mkay, so when someone says Skynyrd, Thom thinks about.......STP of all bands. Radiohead makes me think of.....Madonna? Thom couldn't pull an STP song if his life depended on it.
I had the midwife naked and alone

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 05:00:17 PM »
yeah i dunno if that would even count as a joke, jokes are funny. i don't see why people drool over radiohead and thom so much, they had some cool songs a long time ago, but like anything after Kid A they kinda lost me

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 06:16:37 PM »
Dick Head.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 06:17:08 PM »
I dunno I really like Radiohead...this doesn't really bother or surprise me though. Thom Yorke makes great music but he has come across as being arrogant before so whatever
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 08:25:57 PM »
I'm not a big Radiohead guy either. Kinda sleepy music at times. It's def not one of his brightest moments either, letting someone in the crowd get to him, but it could be taken another way. He is doing a solo show and playing just solo material with some RH songs, when you get some guy yelling out for him to play other stuff (Skynyrd). So my take is that he thought it was dick and sarcastically came back at they guy, referencing playing some other bands as well (STP). I don't think it's a knock at STP... But who knows, maybe he's dick and thinks STP sucks, in which case then HE SUCKS BALLS.

Also something to note, there was an STP interview in 2000 or 01, maybe Family Values time line, where Scott said they "dig" Radiohead when STP were asked about other bands they currently liked in the music scene.
adhesive love

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 09:26:51 PM »
Quote from: "foou33"
yeah i dunno if that would even count as a joke, jokes are funny. i don't see why people drool over radiohead and thom so much, they had some cool songs a long time ago, but like anything after Kid A they kinda lost me

Yep.  Kid A was good, but I haven't cared about much after that except for maybe the song "there there."   I have no idea what Thorm was talking about either when he mentioned STP.  And yes, Radiohead's music can be boring.  I was listening to them recently and he just has the same vocal style that he repeats for every song where he just kind of drones on like " trap doors that ooooooooooopeeeennnn"  or "karma poooooooolicce"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »
I think the poor little troll is just jealous of Scott. Oh well, everybody who is a fan of STP knows that they've never released an album as craptacular as In Rainbows.
Bleeda blooda

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 11:23:21 PM »
From a guy that looks like he's either having convulsions or  a seizure on stage while he performs, he should talk.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 02:28:01 AM »
Here we go, Thom says something (hardly scathing) about STP so now we all hate Radiohead.

STP kicks ass
Radiohead (usually) kicks ass
Rockstars with inflated egos (including Scott) talk trash about other rockstars with inflated egos.  Business as usual.  Don't let this tarnish absolutely brilliant records like The Bends and OK Computer for you.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 02:33:05 AM »
I've never really been a fan of Radiohead, and Thom Yorke's comments did very little to change my opinion of him. He's still just as much of an egotistical little troll as he was before he made those comments.

At least we know he's got a little bit of taste because he picked Flea to play bass in his solo band.
Bleeda blooda

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 03:24:46 AM »
I actually like Thom's solo record.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 04:15:19 AM »
I could never get into Radiohead, I find everything more or less the same. That comment doesn't do anything to me
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 05:52:50 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"
I could never get into Radiohead, I find everything more or less the same. That comment doesn't do anything to me

If you think that The Bends to Kid A, or OK Computer to Amnesiac sound even, hell, similar, I would wager that you haven't even listened to them.