September 19, 2024, 06:17:37 PM

Author Topic: Scott had a seizure while en route to florida  (Read 13210 times)

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott had a seizure while en route to florida
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2009, 08:54:30 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
Quote from: "Shangri"
we don't know what kind of seizure, right?

(I have to explain this question, word "seizure" in Spanish doesn't specify what kind, it can be anything from cardiac, resp, brain related or convulsions, I'm almost sure it's more or less the same in English but I'd like to be 100% sure, 'cause right now I don't know what exactly happened to Scott, thanks)

It was an epileptic seizure. Here in America epileptic seizures are called seizures. Heart related seizures are called either a heart attack or cardiac arrest and resperatory is resperatory arrest.
Let's be VERY CAREFUL before we start throwing the word "epilepsy" around.  A seizure can be caused by any number of things such as a high fever,  accidental piosoning, a reaction to medication,  brain trauma, epilepsy, etc.,.  Epilepsy is a specific disease in which seizures are just one symptom.  I've been a fan of Scott and STP for many years and do not recall epilepsy ever being mentioned as a disease from which Scott suffers.  Although many people prefer to keep seizure disorders private,  I can't imagine the media, which takes such joy at bashing Scott, remaining silent about this subject.  Also, seizures usually come without warning, making them difficult to hide.  I'm hoping that this is an isolated incident which will not recur.  Please, let's not give, Scott an undiagnosed and unconfirmed case of epilepsy without having all the facts.   ;)
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2009, 10:38:47 PM »
Quote from: "purpleflowers"

(I have to explain this question, word "seizure" in Spanish doesn't specify what kind, it can be anything from cardiac, resp, brain related or convulsions, I'm almost sure it's more or less the same in English but I'd like to be 100% sure, 'cause right now I don't know what exactly happened to Scott, thanks)

It was an epileptic seizure. Here in America epileptic seizures are called seizures. Heart related seizures are called either a heart attack or cardiac arrest and resperatory is resperatory arrest.
Let's be VERY CAREFUL before we start throwing the word "epilepsy" around.

I never said epilepsy, I said elpileptic seizure.

An Epileptic Seizure is a "transient symptom of excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain."  Epilepsy is a condition where someone has frequent and recuring epileptic seizures.

In short, one epileptic seizure in it's self isn't a sign of Epilepsy.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2009, 04:55:21 AM »

Let's be VERY CAREFUL before we start throwing the word "epilepsy" around.

I never said epilepsy, I said elpileptic seizure.

An Epileptic Seizure is a "transient symptom of excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain."  Epilepsy is a condition where someone has frequent and recuring epileptic seizures.

In short, one epileptic seizure in it's self isn't a sign of Epilepsy.
I think we've pulled out the medical encyclopedias and sufficiently defined every bit of medical terminology related to this issue.  Since we aren't Scott's doctors and all we are doing is speculating, maybe it is time to put all the minute definitions to rest and just wish Scott the very best in the future!   ;)
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2009, 04:46:10 PM »
let's face it folks:  SCOTT WEILAND is an UNSTOPPABLE force...

http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/22/scott-wei ... p-my-show/

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »
Quote from: "andrewivanhayes"
let's face it folks:  SCOTT WEILAND is an UNSTOPPABLE force...

http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/22/scott-wei ... p-my-show/
haha hell yeah scott!!
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2009, 05:39:45 PM »
I think we've pulled out the medical encyclopedias and sufficiently defined every bit of medical terminology related to this issue.  Since we aren't Scott's doctors and all we are doing is speculating, maybe it is time to put all the minute definitions to rest and just wish Scott the very best in the future!   ;)

I wasn't trying to be a doctor. You asked what kind of seizure it was, and I was just explaining what the word seizure generally mean in America.

Anyway, glad to hear the show went well. Wish I could find the setlist

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2009, 06:33:52 PM »
does anybody know the setlist for that show?
If you only knew..

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2009, 07:35:53 PM »

I wasn't trying to be a doctor. You asked what kind of seizure it was, and I was just explaining what the word seizure generally mean in America.

I was the one who asked, not her, and I understood your point, thanks :)

Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"

this line
"we're told he cranked out STP and Velvet Revolver classics for more than an hour"
makes me wonder too.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2009, 07:43:42 PM »
Theres a video on TMZ but cant make out the tune.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2009, 08:30:32 PM »

I was the one who asked, not her, and I understood your point, thanks :)

Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"

this line
"we're told he cranked out STP and Velvet Revolver classics for more than an hour"
makes me wonder too.

Yeah, sorry. For some reason I'm still having trouble remembering s/ns here...  :-[

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2009, 05:46:36 AM »
I've never heard Scott talk about him having seizures before, it could be new, due to his meds. But rally, it's none of our buisness. THe man has a right to keep some things private. I don't need to know every detail about his life. I just hope he gets checked out to make sure hes ok & can get a hold of those seizures. Scary things. You have no control over your body & can't tell when one will happen. Best of luck to him.

marie

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »
On Scott's twitter page - hey everyone, thanks for all your concern. i'm doing well and every thing's okay.

Glad to hear hes doing well! Good to see pics of him at his show and glad his hair has gone back to normal  ;D

DeathBedMotorcade

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2009, 01:09:40 AM »
When I read this originally I thought the worst.  I always feel like Scott is on "borrowed time".  I still don't know how him and STP are rocking again.  All I know is we all have to take it in.

shambhala

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
Rik & Ivy - Could we please close this thread out of respect for Scott's privacy?  Lori

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2009, 04:16:11 PM »
I don't see the point to closing this thread.  Give it time and it will be buried by new topics and such.