September 19, 2024, 11:42:21 PM

Author Topic: Scott had a seizure while en route to florida  (Read 13215 times)

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
Re: Scott had a seizure while en route to florida
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2009, 11:05:15 AM »
^^thanks, thats good to hear
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2009, 12:09:27 PM »
I've never heard of Scott having a history of seizures.........
If you only knew..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2009, 12:22:28 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"

Maybe he kept it a secret and that was the first time it happened in public. Who knows? No one's making a big deal about it. We'll probably never know exactly what happened.
Bleeda blooda

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2009, 12:25:05 PM »
Yea i guess...i just dont think you can make seizures a secret thing but whatevs
If you only knew..

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 06:49:14 PM »

He has a history of drug & alcohol use and he's bi-polar. Those all can be factors that lead to seizures. Also, unless I'm mistaken, I seem to recall seizures being a side-effect of bi-polar meds.

As for this one incident, I think he should try to stay off planes. The change in air-pressure and stress factors of flying can cause seizures. Also, he should not play video games lol
Grab the hate and drown it out...

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"

He has a history of drug & alcohol use and he's bi-polar. Those all can be factors that lead to seizures. Also, unless I'm mistaken, I seem to recall seizures being a side-effect of bi-polar meds.

As for this one incident, I think he should try to stay off planes. The change in air-pressure and stress factors of flying can cause seizures. Also, he should not play video games lol

I've taken epilepsy meds for bi-polar disorder cuz they do work for that also, i've met two people who have taken seroquel and gotten seizures out of it, i personally didn't enjoy seroquel it actually made me go out and get high more than anything and if Scott had a history it would have been publicized back then, i've also always hated planes because this was actually my biggest fear..or while driving, i dont wanna keep digging on this but i think theres another side to this whole thing, im glad he's ok and he's in good spirits but Scott needs to realize he isn't making great choices specially by still continuing to drink...
bi-polar meds + heroin addiction + consuming alcohol=  :o
If you only knew..

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2009, 07:11:24 PM »
I just heard about this and FREAKED!!!  I hate seizures!  They are frightening to have and hard to watch.  I'm glad Scott  wasn't travelling alone.  I'm sure he is feeling better now, especially since he later made it to Miami and everything was fine with the show.  

Seizures can be caused by all sorts of things, but it doesn't surprise me to hear this immediately being blamed on drug abuse.  Sometimes, the medicine prescribed for a condition such as bi-polar disorder, etc., can cause seizures.  Also, changing from one prescribed medication to another or forgetting to take a couple doses can cause a seizure.  Although the experience of a seizure is traumatic, after the initial shock wears off, one feels much better.   Side effects don't usually last very long.  I'm sure Scott will see his doctor to take care of any health concerns.  I just wish him the very best!!!
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2009, 12:58:05 AM »
EEEEEK...SCAREY- Glad to hear Scotty's doing ok, hope he keeps on top of everything
"I\'ve been suicidal since God I don\'t know when, so get down on your knees say a prayer say amen.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 04:56:37 AM »
we don't know what kind of seizure, right?

(I have to explain this question, word "seizure" in Spanish doesn't specify what kind, it can be anything from cardiac, resp, brain related or convulsions, I'm almost sure it's more or less the same in English but I'd like to be 100% sure, 'cause right now I don't know what exactly happened to Scott, thanks)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 05:08:51 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"

(I have to explain this question, word "seizure" in Spanish doesn't specify what kind, it can be anything from cardiac, resp, brain related or convulsions, I'm almost sure it's more or less the same in English but I'd like to be 100% sure, 'cause right now I don't know what exactly happened to Scott, thanks)
Hmm...when it comes to what you said about whether or not it involved cardiac, resp, or brain related problems, I realized I didn't really know that much either. so i guess i'm no help here lol
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2009, 07:24:27 AM »

i'm gonna go with "convulsions"
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2009, 08:28:42 AM »

In United States English media, the word "seizure" generally referrs to convulsions that are brain related.  Usually if someone has a heart attack or  respiratory problems it is not referred to as a "seizure".  However, only the people directly involved know the exact details.
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2009, 05:35:29 PM »

It was an epileptic seizure. Here in America epileptic seizures are called seizures. Heart related seizures are called either a heart attack or cardiac arrest and resperatory is resperatory arrest.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2009, 07:39:43 PM »
Thank you all!!  :-*
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2009, 08:53:37 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"

It was an epileptic seizure. Here in America epileptic seizures are called seizures. Heart related seizures are called either a heart attack or cardiac arrest and resperatory is resperatory arrest.
Let's be VERY CAREFUL before we start throwing the word "epilepsy" around.  A seizure can be caused by any number of things such as a high fever,  accidental piosoning, a reaction to medication,  brain trauma, epilepsy, etc.,.  Epilepsy is a specific disease in which seizures are just one symptom.  I've been a fan of Scott and STP for many years and do not recall epilepsy ever being mentioned as a disease from which Scott suffers.  Although many people prefer to keep seizure disorders private,  I can't imagine the media, which takes such joy at bashing Scott, remaining silent about this subject.  Also, seizures usually come without warning, making them difficult to hide.  I'm hoping that this is an isolated incident which will not recur.  Please, let's not give, Scott an undiagnosed and unconfirmed case of epilepsy without having all the facts.   ;)
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH