September 19, 2024, 11:21:01 PM

Author Topic: Scott had a seizure while en route to florida  (Read 13212 times)

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
Scott had a seizure while en route to florida
« on: September 19, 2009, 12:03:34 AM »
From TMZ

TMZ has learned Stone Temple Pilots front man Scott Weiland experienced a seizure during an airplane flight just hours ago.

Sources close to Scott tell us he suffered the seizure while flying from Los Angeles to Miami. The plane was forced to make an emergency landing at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport.

We're told Scott has a history of seizures -- he was taken to the hospital for precautionary measures. Despite the seizure, we're told Scott plans on attending the launch of his clothing line "Weiland for English Laundry" on Saturday.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0RVCKNiTP

I hope he is ok :(

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott had a seizure while en route to florida
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 12:13:37 AM »
This blows!! Best wishes to you Mr. Weiland. I hope you have a speedy recovery from whatever after-effects are possible from a truamatic seizure. I hope you keep rocking into your seventies!

Strange-Content

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 12:27:03 AM »
My heart kind of dropped when I saw this title.
That really sucks.

Quote from: "Lazy Divey"
I hope he is ok :(

Ditto. ):

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 12:45:16 AM »
Yikes that's no bueno.  :-[ I did a google search of him like 20 minutes ago and there weren't any articles, so hopefully it was nothing big. Makes me sad though, poor guy. The first thing everybody is going to think of when they read about it is DRUGS.
Bleeda blooda

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 12:49:07 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Yikes that's no bueno.  :-[ I did a google search of him like 20 minutes ago and there weren't any articles, so hopefully it was nothing big. Makes me sad though, poor guy. The first thing everybody is going to think of when they read about it is DRUGS.

Yeah...

This really scared me. Everyone has been saying "Any news is good news" so much lately I had a feeling something bad was going to happen.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 12:55:02 AM »
I hate to hear that.   Makes me sad too.  I hope everything works out for him and that he feels better.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 12:56:24 AM »
Quote from: "Blue"

Yeah...

This really scared me. Everyone has been saying "Any news is good news" so much lately I had a feeling something bad was going to happen.

Hopefully it was just a seizure, and not something caused by chemicals. I have a feeling people are probably going to be pretty critical of him for a while, which is unfortunate, because it's been over a year since he's had any problems. Hopefully we'll get a statement that'll clear everything up.
Bleeda blooda

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 12:58:15 AM »
If he does suffer from epilepsy...no biggie really. If it's mild it can be controlled with meds.
This summer I learned Eric Avery has epilepsy and during the NINJA tour was unable to watch 99% of NIN's set because of the heavy strobe light used. And "heavy" is putting it lightly!!!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 12:58:45 AM »
Looks like he is ok and it was just a mild seizure

from Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... -airplane/

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland experienced a mild seizure on a commercial flight from Los Angeles on the way to Miami that resulted in the plane having to make an emergency landing at Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

See exclusive pics of Scott Weiland backstage and on-stage during his solo tour

A rep traveling with Weiland tells Rolling Stone exclusively that the airplane staff called for medical assistance over the loud speaker and had to administer oxygen to Weiland. Shortly after, Weiland had come to and was “in good spirits” as was taken off the plane for the hospital.

Weiland was traveling with his Scott Weiland Band to Miami for a performance and the launch of his clothing line Weiland for English Laundry at the club Mansion. The rep said the singer has a history of seizures, but is now “doing great” and expects to leave for Miami tomorrow and appear at the club as scheduled.

There have been "tweets" stating that he OD'd on the plane  ::)

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 01:00:01 AM »
Quote from: "Blue"

Yeah...

Yeah I was at the forefront of that movement, now I feel guilty. Hope he's ok. As far as people thinking it's drug related - that's with good reason.

It says Scott has a history with seizures?? That's a first to me. Is he epileptic or is it drug related?

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 01:00:51 AM »
As I posted in the other thread:

Damn. Glad he's alright.

I don't think I've ever heard about him having seizures.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 01:04:43 AM »
This is a comment from that link from the thread about the journalist who doesn't seem to like Scott very much. Pretty sure it's BS.

"I was on the plane too, and one of the other passengers said they saw him drinking and snorting white powder from the tray table. He was sitting next to some real big, fat guy with a thick beard who kept coddling him ... his gay partner? It was all so weird."
Bleeda blooda

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 01:07:04 AM »
in general Scott has been looking frail and different for the better part of the last 2 years. I will say he's gotten better than he was on the first STP reunion tour, but even in the most recent webisode he just doesn't seem all there anymore. I feel like he's hanging on by a thread... makes me sad. He just seems completely fried to me. Hope you feel better Scott, you're the greatest.

Strange-Content

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 01:07:25 AM »
This is a comment from that link from the thread about the journalist who doesn't seem to like Scott very much. Pretty sure it's BS.

"I was on the plane too, and one of the other passengers said they saw him drinking and snorting white powder from the tray table. He was sitting next to some real big, fat guy with a thick beard who kept coddling him ... his gay partner? It was all so weird."

I saw that too.
People are just... ugh.  ::)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 01:10:51 AM »
Quote from: "Strange-Content"

I saw that too.
People are just... ugh.  ::)

Yeah, you would think by now people would realize that he isn't some dipshit that goes around in public getting high. When was the last time Scott was seen high in public? (On stage doesn't count)
Bleeda blooda