October 04, 2024, 12:46:18 AM

Author Topic: Scott dreams  (Read 10689 times)

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: i dreamed of weiland last night.
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 05:33:35 PM »
I dream of Weiland every night ;)
lol you and me both =)

Me trice! OMG he's got
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 06:28:29 PM »
I had a dream Scott left STP to be Slash's singer for his solo tour  :o

As for the vocals, it could be a lot worse. At this point most rock singers don't even have a voice left, Scott iis still able to sing his heart out every night if he wishes. If he could just kick whatever is making him make these mistakes. Whether it's an addiction or maybe just a stupid roadie screwing up his ear-monitor,  then we'd be in great shape.

And by the way, Scott started using in 92-94. Yes, the stuff in the Thank You DVD and various bootlegs sound great, but he still had really off days back then. I've heard a few bootlegs from 1993 where it was REALLY obvious that he was strung out.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 07:16:01 PM »
I had a dream last night that Dean was sitting on my couch and we were talking about the upcoming European tour and how he said it's not going to last due to Scott's addictions.  Let's hope that's not a bad omen.

moya moya

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 07:45:13 PM »
I had a dream that I can not remember any details too other than the fact that Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas was a very important feature in it. I want to have to dream like you guys :P

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 08:26:38 PM »
I've had sweet dreams of Weiland... but Rik and Ivy would get pissed if I posted about those dreams here.  There's another dark corner of the Internet for things like that.   :P
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 08:55:29 PM »
to be honest you know how you get those morning dreams. you drift off back to sleep or whatever and
wake up somewhere near noon

i dreamed and this was before Steven Tyler announced he had left aerosmith.. ( which only lasted a few weeks )
that i would be the new Aerosmith Singer! and i woke up like no way..

dreams can be oh so deceiving but also so inviting.  hell dreaming of weiland ant a bad thing
" I have to return some video tapes "

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 08:58:42 PM »
it was so strange i remember dreaming of weiland in the CORE era with his insane voice.. and
i remember just being completely shocked at how strong his vocals were and everything.. and it nearly made me think to myself.
how he can never be that same person again..

the guys a fighting legend of the Rock & Roll 90's Scene..

and STP being my favorite band..

it kind of touches you on a personal level as well

to cherish every moment you can as if it were your last

It actually kind of makes me sad.  I went to a show last year and was just blown away by the onstage presence by the band as a whole.  Although, Scott was just nowhere near his former self, physically and vocally.  I just wish I could have been there before he did heroin that first time to tell him what it would do to him 20 years later.

I just feel like he's on borrowed time and especially with the stuff coming up about his pill usage.  Makes me wonder if he'll ever just realize that he should be taking care of himself physically.

With all that said, I hope I am wrong and those performances from 1992-1994 are some of the best performances I have ever heard/seen (via youtube and thank you dvd).  After that time frame he was hit or miss because of his drug use.

its so sad to think that those times will never be the same ya know
to know you cant rewind time..

i mean god.. i love to hear the CORE record.. and just Where The River Goes, and Crackerman
how strong his vocals were in that..
dont get me wrong
EVERY STP record is a classic.. in terms of differences and the beautiful guitar & bass from Rob and Dean
and The Drums are So Solid..

but Vocally Weiland wont ever be that hard edged.. but i cant complain

i think the new record is the greatest rock n Roll record since revolvers libertad

its like a blend of bowie meets aerosmith
then comes through to shangri la dee da
and comes out of tiny music

" I have to return some video tapes "

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
Ok I know this either going to get me some laughs, smites or maybe both, but I gotta say it. I unlike some of the guys on here who I suspect have or have had the same, have no shame of admitting I've had/have my share of "interesting" dreams involving Scott and/or one of the guys (usually Dean,sometimes Rob but Scott always shows) lol. I guess their my boys named Sue haha
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:46:37 PM by rockdude_unglued519 »

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 10:25:04 PM »
I've had sweet dreams of Weiland... but Rik and Ivy would get pissed if I posted about those dreams here.  There's another dark corner of the Internet for things like that.   :P

That makes two of us, girl (lol).
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 10:33:05 PM »
thats partially how that all got started LOL
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 10:34:03 PM »
it was so strange i remember dreaming of weiland in the CORE era with his insane voice.. and
i remember just being completely shocked at how strong his vocals were and everything.. and it nearly made me think to myself.
how he can never be that same person again..

the guys a fighting legend of the Rock & Roll 90's Scene..

and STP being my favorite band..

it kind of touches you on a personal level as well

to cherish every moment you can as if it were your last

So many times we'd all love to go back in time...believe me, I have it quite often.

I guess all you can do is appreciate now, because years from now you may look back and think to yourself "god I miss those days back in 2010..." I sometimes want to go back into the past and relive it, but then tell myself "hey, you're still a young 27-year-old, you have a lot of years ahead of you, and you should appreciate and focus on what's happening presently."

It is natural to feel the way you do (obviously); the idea of being frozen in a certain time period can be very frustrating. Believe me, I'm sure the STP guys would all love to go back in time for a short while and relive the early STP years, too.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 11:53:20 PM »
Very true and as a longtime fan myself I feel watching them evolve,grow and change is so much more rewarding than it would be to see them trying to recapture any certain sound or "era".

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 10:08:31 PM »
Scott speaks sexy Spanish in my dreams, beat that! ;D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 11:29:14 PM »
I remember the dream I had a year ago in which I gave Scott a vocal advices.

Scott: "I don't know, but every time I'm trying to hit the high note my voice sounds like EEeEEEeeEEh (screeching noise)"
And I was like "Not a big deal. All you have to do is AAAaaaAAaAa"

O_o
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:49:18 PM by Tyrant »
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Strange-Content

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 03:05:16 AM »
I remember the dream I had a year ago in which I gave Scott a vocal advices.

Scott: "I don't know, but every time I'm trying to hit the high note my voice sounds like EEeEEEeeEEh (screeching noise)"
And I was like "Not a big deal. All you have to do is AAAaaaAAaAa"

O_o

lmao. Great advice, xD

I had a dream last night that there was a concert at my old high school that involved STP and Bob Dylan. I don't even know why Dylan was in it because I don't like him all that much in the first place, but someone requested that he play Interstate Love Song. It was played by harmonica and it was... interesting, to say the least and then he gave the person a bill later for playing it. And for some reason, whenever I dream of STP or Slash, zombies show up. That pretty much ended the dream.

It was damn weird.