October 01, 2024, 08:32:14 AM

Author Topic: Set Builder......what a joke  (Read 6829 times)

Desperation #5

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Set Builder......what a joke
« on: September 04, 2009, 04:45:49 AM »
I was on the .com and was looking at the tour section because I'm thinking of going to the Myrtle Beach show.  They still have the set builder option by each concert date.  Why are they still pretending to give a shit about what we want to hear?  Or maybe I'm wrong and every city just so happens to pick the same set list for every show.   ???

STP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Set Builder......what a joke
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 11:25:31 AM »
Quote from: "Desperation #5"
I was on the .com and was looking at the tour section because I'm thinking of going to the Myrtle Beach show.  They still have the set builder option by each concert date.  Why are they still pretending to give a shit about what we want to hear?  Or maybe I'm wrong and every city just so happens to pick the same set list for every show.   ???

I think you're right. For the last year show in Argentina I built my set and they didn't even played Silvergun Superman or Coma.
Whatever they say I am, that's what I'm not!

nomis

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 11:18:59 PM »
yeah what a waste of time, I never posted mine, as from what I have read they have been playing the same or very similar set each night.

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 03:52:41 AM »
Velvet Revolver has a better chance of getting back together than the set builder holding true.
--Rob--

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 01:43:13 PM »
Quote from: "STP"

I think you're right. For the last year show in Argentina I built my set and they didn't even played Silvergun Superman or Coma.

"You think" he's right?  They have never followed the set builder in any way, period... EVER!

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 05:11:25 PM »
This topic is so dead.

I wish whoever was capable of updating the official STP.com would remove the setbuilder links.
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

zackrandal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 03:32:27 AM »
well its totally possible cause i bet most people would always pick the hits, like plush, creep, vasoline, interstate love song, sex type thing. plus they always do dead and bloated for the encore. then they probably just fill up the remaining few songs with whatever more obscure ones got voted for the most, like silvergun superman or coma or sin. but yeah on the other hand they probably just dont give a shit

STP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 09:51:40 PM »
Quote from: "steven28174"
Quote from: "STP"
Why are they still pretending to give a shit about what we want to hear?

"You think" he's right?  They have never followed the set builder in any way, period... EVER!

Yeah I think he was right 'cause I was regarding that statement.
Whatever they say I am, that's what I'm not!

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »
we should protest this and try to come up with the worst possible set for one of their shows and all vote for it.

MC5
Bi Polar Bear
Daisy
Wet My Bed
Days of the Week
Creep
Pretty Penny
Art School Girl
A Song For Sleeping

Thank you good night!

Not that I wouldn't want to hear some of those songs above maybe played live. Wait, no, I wouldn't. God how awful would that setlist be? Would you guys ask for a refund if that was an STP show, or would you be excited it was something different? I know U2 sometimes plays the same song twice in a night (Vertigo), which is just awful. How about MC5 to open AND close the STP show?

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 10:25:57 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
we should protest this and try to come up with the worst possible set for one of their shows and all vote for it.

MC5
Bi Polar Bear
Daisy
Wet My Bed
Days of the Week
Creep
Pretty Penny
Art School Girl
A Song For Sleeping

Thank you good night!

Not that I wouldn't want to hear some of those songs above maybe played live. Wait, no, I wouldn't. God how awful would that setlist be? Would you guys ask for a refund if that was an STP show, or would you be excited it was something different? I know U2 sometimes plays the same song twice in a night (Vertigo), which is just awful. How about MC5 to open AND close the STP show?

Those are all in fact fantastic songs, that set would be perfect for a radio show or small venue. Not counting MC5, which is one of the best rockers of No. 4
Grab the hate and drown it out...

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 10:43:42 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"

MC5
Bi Polar Bear
Daisy
Wet My Bed
Days of the Week
Creep
Pretty Penny
Art School Girl
A Song For Sleeping

Thank you good night!

Those are all in fact fantastic songs, that set would be perfect for a radio show or small venue. Not counting MC5, which is one of the best rockers of No. 4

seriously?

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 11:01:52 PM »

MC5
Bi Polar Bear
Daisy
Wet My Bed
Days of the Week
Creep
Pretty Penny
Art School Girl
A Song For Sleeping

Thank you good night!

seriously?

Dude, have you listened to MC5 lately? It's a catchy rock too with awesome guitar work if you can get past the weird tone.

Art School Girl and Wet My Bed aren't supposed to be taken seriously, they keep their albums from being redundant and do it well.

Daisy is probably the most emotional song of of Tiny Music next to Adhesive.

Bi-Polar Bear is a masterpiece as far as composition goes, it goes through so many motions it's awe inspiring.

A Song for Sleeping is the most beautiful song they've ever written IMO.

Creep. COME ON. It's Creep, how can you be a fan of STP and not like that song lol? It's probably the best track off of Core.

Days of the Week is a fantastic pop-rock tune. Really fantastic changes and a great sense of humour.

If you're basically only in to the mid-tempo rockers I can see why you wouldn't like them. But if you're a fan of music you've got at least respect the fact that they are very well written songs.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:23:42 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

zackrandal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 11:09:03 PM »

MC5
Bi Polar Bear
Daisy
Wet My Bed
Days of the Week
Creep
Pretty Penny
Art School Girl
A Song For Sleeping

Thank you good night!

i agree about mc5, i never understood why so many people hate it. its a very good song, plus its catchy unlike most of no.4.  "wet my bed" would be interesting, id actually like to see a live version of that as an intro to crackerman or something. and "creep" isnt that bad live, it was somehow one of their better songs when i saw them

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 06:20:22 PM »

MC5
Bi Polar Bear
Daisy
Wet My Bed
Days of the Week
Creep
Pretty Penny
Art School Girl
A Song For Sleeping

You forgot Pruno.

Creep??! Ridiculous.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 02:38:15 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"

MC5
Bi Polar Bear
Daisy
Wet My Bed
Days of the Week
Creep
Pretty Penny
Art School Girl
A Song For Sleeping

You forgot Pruno.

Creep??! Ridiculous.

Yeah, and Pretty Penny?