October 03, 2024, 09:27:13 PM

Author Topic: So Rolling Stone Critics.......  (Read 7211 times)

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
So Rolling Stone Critics.......
« on: August 21, 2009, 06:45:40 AM »
Are officially dumb.....

I was looking at their book of album reviews at my friend's house and they gave Limp Bizkit's Significant Other a better rating than virtually every Stone Temple Pilots album.....

I don't know why that's worth bringing up since we all know that critics don't take kindly to Stone Temple Pilots, but i just found it shocking......

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: So Rolling Stone Critics.......
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 07:32:01 AM »
Maybe because of what it did....yes it help ruin music but every time a band comes around and changes the field is pretty cool, besides Scott with VR wouldnt have been as cool cuz they were saving rock from all the nu metal.
If you only knew..

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 06:33:37 PM »
Well, it's all a matter of opinion really. Certainly, RS critics have never been kind to STP. However, Significant Other is a killer record for the genre of nu-metal, and one of the best IMO. They certainly didn't compare the two.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 04:20:40 AM »
They've always been assholes. At least as long as I can remember.

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 10:12:14 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Well, it's all a matter of opinion really. Certainly, RS critics have never been kind to STP. However, Significant Other is a killer record for the genre of nu-metal, and one of the best IMO. They certainly didn't compare the two.

I have to agree. SO Limp Bizkit's only solid album. and it is a solid album. (ironically produced by Scott Weiland partially) but i dunno.... i just get pissed off when i see that kind of shit.... fuck rolling stone

sassydagger

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 04:33:20 AM »
i question whether RS is really a music magazine. rockin title but garbage on the pages in terms of reviews..i agree that STP is like the Led Zeppelin of the '90s and now, brilliant but people fail to really recognize their artistry.
\\\"Grab the hate and drown it out
Grab the beat and drum it out
It\\\'s all so confusing\\\"

OnlyDying73

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 03:54:08 AM »
well rolling stones sucks. they wrote off STP from the beggining. But they suck at reviewing. What do ya expect from the same people who panned led zeppelin?
Bad Religion - 10/18/10

LaLaGrunge

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • And So I Know
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 07:31:40 AM »
Rolling Stone always has sided with what is popular at the time. Back in '93...RS and the world were hyping up Nirvana/Pearl Jam as saviors of rock any any other band who imitated their sound were idiot copycats. That's how Rolling Stone thinks. That's why they bashed STP.

They're a populist magazine out to make money.
Alter Bridge: 10/20/07
Live: 3/15/08
STP: 5/18/08, 5/31/08/Scott Weiland: 1/24/09
Metallica: 1/17/09
The Smithereens: 1/14/14/Sugar Ray-Better Than Ezra-Eve 6: 8/21/15

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 05:59:11 PM »
i have a rolling stone mag from 96 with stp on the cover and im actually suprised there not bashing them but stp always got a bad rap from the start but you know the funny thing stp is the only surving band from the 90s nirvana is dead soundgardens gone alice in chains not the same with out layne blind melon dead pearl jam sucks so i think my point is proven stp is the best band out of the 90s period they already proved themselves to everyone

Meatplowed

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 08:13:59 PM »
Quote from: "tumbleintherough"
i have a rolling stone mag from 96 with stp on the cover and im actually suprised there not bashing them but stp always got a bad rap from the start but you know the funny thing stp is the only surving band from the 90s nirvana is dead soundgardens gone alice in chains not the same with out layne blind melon dead pearl jam sucks so i think my point is proven stp is the best band out of the 90s period they already proved themselves to everyone

I have to admit, I take exception to the Pearl Jam comment.  Also, Soundgarden will be firing it back up in the near future and if Cornell has his head on straight, that album will be my most anticipated in 15 years.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 09:28:22 PM »
Quote from: "Meatplowed"

I have to admit, I take exception to the Pearl Jam comment.  Also, Soundgarden will be firing it back up in the near future and if Cornell has his head on straight, that album will be my most anticipated in 15 years.

Blasphemy! Pearl Jam's awesome!

bruno_animallover

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 01:20:31 PM »
agree!
critics are failled musicians who take pleasure on bashing bands that they think are better than them!

randallanddarcy

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 01:10:37 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Maybe because of what it did.

Watering down and ripping off groundbreaking acts like Rage Against the Machine is all it did.
STP: August 21 and 23 2001. June 14 and 16 2010.
VR: Jan 2005, June 2005, March 2008.

randallanddarcy

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 01:11:53 AM »
and i don't know how to use grammar including full stops so i make posts that read like breathless school kids...
STP: August 21 and 23 2001. June 14 and 16 2010.
VR: Jan 2005, June 2005, March 2008.

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 02:16:42 AM »
this is the internet i didnt know i had to have to use periods and capital letters how bout who cares are u even an stp fan? im on there side backing them up there my favorite band so i dont know what your problem is and i dont care