October 04, 2024, 01:26:18 AM

Author Topic: radio airplay  (Read 19035 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: my radio station actually played Dead and Bloated yesterday
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2009, 09:46:38 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Quote from: "MrF33n3y"
I think Big Empty is the only STP song I've ever heard on radio, and that was only once.

How often do you listen to the radio?
Not a ton, but it's not a complete obscurity either. Maybe 3 or 4 hours a week.

I just found it very odd that Big Empty is the ONLY STP song you've EVER heard on the radio, when I hear a STP song atleast once a day on the radio.

During the summer I worked at a racetrack, and I'd listen to the radio probably at least 7 or 8 hours a day, and I almost never heard STP. They always played commercials for the show that was happening in October, but I think the only time I heard a full STP song was once, and it was Creep.
Bleeda blooda

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2009, 03:57:27 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
I think Big Empty is the only STP song I've ever heard on radio, and that was only once.

I just found it very odd that Big Empty is the ONLY STP song you've EVER heard on the radio, when I hear a STP song atleast once a day on the radio.

During the summer I worked at a racetrack, and I'd listen to the radio probably at least 7 or 8 hours a day, and I almost never heard STP. They always played commercials for the show that was happening in October, but I think the only time I heard a full STP song was once, and it was Creep.

Q101 in Chicago has played STP three times already today
5:57 AM "WICKED GARDEN" - STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
2:49 AM "PLUSH" - STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
12:53 AM "DEAD & BLOATED" - STONE TEMPLE PILOTS

This was from yesterday
1:04 PM "CRACKERMAN" - STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
4:22 AM "VASOLINE" - STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
2:30 AM "TRIPPIN ON A HOLE IN A PAPER" - STONE TEMPLE PILOTS

They played Porch and Hail,Hail from PJ. That just gave me a boner.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2009, 09:39:39 PM »
I think the problem is that people where I live generally have terrible taste in music. Whenever there's a crappy alternative band that comes out with a new song, they feel the need to play it pretty much once an hour. You want to hear Alice In Chains or Stone Temple Pilots? Too bad! You want to hear "Human" by The Killers or "21 Guns" by Green Day? Listen to the radio for a half hour, and you'll probably hear both.

And I know you like new Shinedown, but I dig their old stuff, and I never once heard a Shinedown song before they started playing Second Chance constantly.

There's also a "hard rock" station, and their music selections are a little better, but they never play anything new. Mostly just Ozzy, Zeppelin, Metallica, etc.
Bleeda blooda

wickedpilot

• Co-Pilot
  • STP is kewl.
    • View Profile
    • www.stonetemplecopilots.com
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2009, 10:05:05 PM »
Well on Nashville's 102.9 I know they play STP an average of 2 times a day, and the song selections are varied.  They have played Unglued a lot, D&B, and they did play Sin once before, but it's mainly Big Empty and Core selections.
"Let's all fake happiness, we'll put on a good show."
"They hold for ransom all the watered down truth's that splintered your-faith."

MrF33n3y

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2009, 10:05:31 PM »

Eh, our rock stations in Rochester are pretty shit.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2009, 10:58:40 PM »
Like I already said, I don't really listen to the radio much anymore, but I heard Sour Girl on DC101 last week which is really rare. Ever since I got an ipod in 10th grade my amount of radio listening has steadily declined and at the same time HFS turned to a Spanish station, 98Rock has started to suck, and 104.3 turned into pop. DC101 and 100.7 (which is classic rock) are the only legit ones left in the Maryland area.
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2009, 03:15:44 PM »

And I know you like new Shinedown, but I dig their old stuff, and I never once heard a Shinedown song before they started playing Second Chance constantly.

That's going to happen considering how successful Second Chance was. There was a station in Chicago called 94.7 The Zone that was more of a hard rock/metal station. At the time, Q101 would play the usual alternative rock stuff, but they also would bust out the Police, Bob Marley, and Depeche Mode. The Zone, on the other hand, played heavier stuff along my tastes like Pantera, Metallica, Slipknot, Megadeth, etc. But back to Shinedown, the Zone played them quite a bit when they first came on the scene (Especially 45, Fly From The Inside, and Save Me a few years later) In fact, they were part of a special concert sponsored by the Zone that I saw for $10. It was Shinedown, Powerman 5000, and Mudvayne. They've have just come such a long way, and I think it's great that they are getting more recognition.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2009, 03:18:37 PM »
I think the problem is that people where I live generally have terrible taste in music. Whenever there's a crappy alternative band that comes out with a new song, they feel the need to play it pretty much once an hour. You want to hear Alice In Chains or Stone Temple Pilots? Too bad! You want to hear "Human" by The Killers or "21 Guns" by Green Day? Listen to the radio for a half hour, and you'll probably hear both.

Well, that's the general rule of radio. They will play the new singles because they have too. C'mon, your station is still not playing Human. Seriously?

bigemptycreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2009, 09:23:53 AM »
Quote from: "foou33"
like most shows that edge102 puts on in Toronto, they have people line up outside and offer to give you a high  5 as you enter. For the Toronto show they had people outside saying something like "high five for edge102 and the stone temple pilots" and I said to the girl: "honestly, when was the last time edge102 played STP?" and the girl gave me a weird look. I think she was confused over what STP meant.

Dean Blundell will sometimes play D&B in the morning show,(it's talk, basically 1-2 songs an hour) I've heard it on there a couple times. The "90's Nooner" is guaranteed 4 out of 5 days a week you'll hear some STP and you'll get the odd song at dif times of the day. I would say for sure they play at LEAST one STP everyday, then you throw in 90s weekends and you'll hear them once every couple hours or the "grunge weekend"(aka another 90s weekend lol). When they had the Koolhaus show they played all STP for about an hour before the show. I was in my glory...I mean, I have all 5 albums in my car anyway, but still...this is radio play muthaf*ckas

One thing you have to keep in mind for us Canucks is that we have mandatory time dedicated to Canadian music per hour, not just per day. So, lets say they want to play a new song from Muse, PJ, Weezer, two out of the next four songs have to be Can-con so it will cut out some stuff like STP. You'll hear I Mother Earth or Our Lady Peace before you hear STP because they have to play it.

zackrandal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2010, 06:19:25 PM »
ive heard dead & bloated on the radio a bunch of times, not sure which station. probably 101.5 which is a classic rock station where i live. apparently 1992 = classic now.

but its actually pretty common to hear sex type thing, wicked garden, creep, plush, crackerman, vasoline, interstate love song, unglued, big empty, big bang baby, and trippin on a hole on the radio where i live, on both alternative and classic rock stations for some reason. i think ive heard down on satellite radio before but thats different. i like that stp is still fairly popular on the radio, even though if you mention the name nobodys really heard of them

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2010, 06:55:02 PM »
I listen to about 4 different rock/alt rock, canadian radio stations here in Detroit.  They all play STP kind of a lot.  Mostly D&B, Trippin, ILS, Big Empty etc.  I was listening to this new alt rock station out of mid Michigan that plays a wide variety of new/old alt rock.  I swear it's exactly what my ipod would have if I had one (I know, I'm a little behind the times) ANYWHO, they played Big Bang Baby a couple weeks ago.  Could not believe my ears!!

stpfan31

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2010, 10:35:58 PM »
My friend DJs at a local station and i got to hang out in the studio and pick the set list. I got to make a 3 song block of STP so i picked "Unglued", Tumble in the Rough, and Heaven and Hotrods. People were calling in saying they've never heard those songs before and that they really liked them, it was really cool

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2010, 11:58:21 PM »
I'm 25, listened to rock radio for the past 15 years and have regularly heard STP on the radio since then.  Live in NC, and currently our new rock/rock alt stations that I hear are 100.3, 106.5 and 93.3.  All play at least a couple of STP songs daily.  The most played ones are Big Empty, Wicked Garden, Interstate Love Song, Vasoline, both versions of Plush and Sex Type Thing.  Those are the most played in no specific order.  In the past 6 months I have however heard all of the following: both versions of Plush, Interstate Love Song, Sour Girl, Trippin, Down, Unglued, Vasoline, Big Empty, Sex Type Thing, Wicked Garden, Dead and Bloated, Big Bang Baby, Lady Picture Show, Days of the Week, the Dancing Days cover and All in the Suit that you Wear (Revolution and Break on Through were both played when they were new but didn't stick long-term).  Heard Barbarella once on the radio when 12BB came out, heard Talk Show's "Hello" once, heard Goodbye from AoA a lot when it came out (it has however disappeared) and heard "Father Figure" once.  These guys have always gotten tons of radio play where I have lived- not so much on their side projects- except VR (the first album got tons of play, and a little from the 2nd album and the soundtrack singles).  I listen to the radio when I'm in the car, between 15-30 on an average day.  Either you guys haven't listened to the radio for that long (by that I mean, not very many years) or you just recently became STP fans and only now notice.  Plus, maybe you're rock stations suck.  Mine do for the most part, however STP, Alice, Pumpkins, RHCP, Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Soundgarden have always been staples, regardless of the change in times and changes in music.

-Steven

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2010, 11:58:38 PM »
I heard "Big Empty" today.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2010, 01:33:59 AM »
In the past few days, in the little time that I've spent listening to the radio, I've heard 3 Soundgarden songs.

No STP.  >:(

I did hear Dancing Days a few weeks ago though.
Bleeda blooda