October 04, 2024, 03:29:20 AM

Author Topic: radio airplay  (Read 19039 times)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: my radio station actually played Dead and Bloated yesterday
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2009, 05:24:48 AM »
I heard Wicked Garden at a Hooter's Restaurant recently.

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2009, 07:27:37 AM »
Quote from: "HeavenandHotrods87"
Yeah the rock station in my area mainly really only plays STT, ILS, Vasoline, and Plush.

I have heard them play Tumble In The Rough about twice and once they played STP's cover of Dancing Days ;D

yeah there was an alternative station in cincinnati called the sound. they always played good stuff.... but when i got my new car on christmas when i first got in it and turned on the radio it just went into dancing days..... Best christmas ever! hahaha

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2009, 12:56:59 AM »
Yes! I finally heard "Dead & Bloated" on the radio yesterday.

Strange-Content

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2009, 01:01:49 AM »
Considering the fact that it's a radio station, mine plays a lot of STP.

Mostly D&B, Wicked Garden, Lady Picture Show, Sex Type Thing, Plush and Big Empty.

They even play Missing Cleveland every once in a while, but D&B seems to be the main song.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2009, 08:15:30 AM »
I don't really listen to the radio as much as I did back in middle school/early high school, but Interstate, Plush, Sex Type Thing, Creep, Vasoline, Big Empty, Wicked Garden, Trippin, and Unglued have all been heard pretty often (in about that order). At very rare occasions I've heard Dead & Bloated, Days Of The Week, and Sour Girl
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

DeathBedMotorcade

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2009, 05:58:07 PM »
The weirdest thing is that I hardly listen to the radio but when I turn it on to our 90s rock station it seems STP is always on!  Sometimes I really wonder if it's just purely coincidence or if big brother knows I am turning on the radio and wants me to be happy haha.  Kind of creepy

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2009, 07:04:32 PM »
Quote from: "DeathBedMotorcade"
The weirdest thing is that I hardly listen to the radio but when I turn it on to our 90s rock station it seems STP is always on!  Sometimes I really wonder if it's just purely coincidence or if big brother knows I am turning on the radio and wants me to be happy haha.  Kind of creepy

I wish Big Brother knew when I was listening to the radio.... All I hear is crap crap crap. And when they finally DO start playing a decent song, it's pulled out of rotation in less than a week.

Here's how little my local radio station plays STP: I send them a text message reqesting STP at about 5:30, they say "sure, we'll play Vasoline!" 10PM rolls around, still nothing. 10:15ish I get a text message "yo sorry it took so long but I promise I'll play it within the next hour."

Coooooooooool, I'm going to bed! Haha. I heard Missing Cleveland once, and the one time I requested it I got "it's in rotation and getting 25 plays a week, you should tune in more."

Never heard it again.... But if I want to hear Paramore or The Killers or Wheels by Foo Fighters, I just have to listen to the station for an hour, because they play crap CONSTANTLY. If it's new, terrible, and popular? You bet your sweet ass they're going to be playing it EVERY. SINGLE. HOUR.

I need to win the lottery. Open up a radio station that doesn't blow chunks.
Bleeda blooda

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2009, 07:32:46 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"

I wish Big Brother knew when I was listening to the radio.... All I hear is crap crap crap. And when they finally DO start playing a decent song, it's pulled out of rotation in less than a week.

Here's how little my local radio station plays STP: I send them a text message reqesting STP at about 5:30, they say "sure, we'll play Vasoline!" 10PM rolls around, still nothing. 10:15ish I get a text message "yo sorry it took so long but I promise I'll play it within the next hour."

Coooooooooool, I'm going to bed! Haha. I heard Missing Cleveland once, and the one time I requested it I got "it's in rotation and getting 25 plays a week, you should tune in more."

Never heard it again.... But if I want to hear Paramore or The Killers or Wheels by Foo Fighters, I just have to listen to the station for an hour, because they play crap CONSTANTLY. If it's new, terrible, and popular? You bet your sweet ass they're going to be playing it EVERY. SINGLE. HOUR.

What's wrong with Wheels? I really like that song and the Foos in general
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2009, 11:32:20 PM »
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"
Quote from: "andrew"

What's wrong with Wheels? I really like that song and the Foos in general

I sorta pity da Foos....

I dunno man I just don't dig anything they've done that much in the past 10 years. I talked about it in detail in the thread about their greatest hits.
Bleeda blooda

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2009, 05:45:42 PM »
So, I was in Menard's the other day picking out some stuff for our new house, and I heard Big Empty. I sort of stopped for a second, then asked myself, 'Am I hearing STP in Menard's of all places?' I just sort of thought that was odd.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

MrF33n3y

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2009, 08:23:15 PM »
I think Big Empty is the only STP song I've ever heard on radio, and that was only once.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2009, 09:22:26 PM »
Quote from: "MrF33n3y"
I think Big Empty is the only STP song I've ever heard on radio, and that was only once.

How often do you listen to the radio?

MrF33n3y

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"

Not a ton, but it's not a complete obscurity either. Maybe 3 or 4 hours a week.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2009, 07:46:23 PM »
like most shows that edge102 puts on in Toronto, they have people line up outside and offer to give you a high  5 as you enter. For the Toronto show they had people outside saying something like "high five for edge102 and the stone temple pilots" and I said to the girl: "honestly, when was the last time edge102 played STP?" and the girl gave me a weird look. I think she was confused over what STP meant.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2009, 09:14:48 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"

Not a ton, but it's not a complete obscurity either. Maybe 3 or 4 hours a week.

I just found it very odd that Big Empty is the ONLY STP song you've EVER heard on the radio, when I hear a STP song atleast once a day on the radio.