October 04, 2024, 03:22:05 AM

Author Topic: radio airplay  (Read 19037 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: my radio station actually played Dead and Bloated yesterday
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2009, 03:45:00 AM »
I hear Dead and Bloated quite a bit when I listen to the radio. I NEVER hear anything from No. 4 or SLDD obviously. Lady Picture Show was making sort of a comeback a few months back on Q101. But it's usually the staple songs that get played.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Still Remaining

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2009, 04:10:22 AM »
I know this has been talked about, but I have Sirius XM where I pretty much live on Lithium Channel 24.  They play lots of STP including Tumble in the Rough, Unglued, Sin, Sour Girl, Down, Dead and Bloated, ILS, Plush, Big Empty, STT, Creep, Crackerman, Vasoline, Wicked Garden, Lady Picture Show, Big Bang Baby, Trippin', and they throw in Dancing Days (which is one of the great covers of all time).  If you listened to this station all day, it's a pretty good bet you are going to hear a fair amount of STP along with AIC, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and others...

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2009, 04:28:28 AM »
I here Plush constantly along with Lady Picture Show, Sour Girl, and Big Empty. My mom told me that she recently heard Days of the Week which is odd considering SLDD doesn't get much airplay.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2009, 05:04:12 AM »
Our local rock station plays big empty like every hour...While i LOVE to hear STP..they have totally killed that song for me...The pop station plays plush during their retro lunch hour....makes me feel old =)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

pictureofaphotograph

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2009, 01:34:28 PM »
I heard Dead and Bloated yesterday also.  A few months back I even heard Heaven and Hotrods.  Usually its just the same old songs though. Plush, Wicked Garden, Interstate Love
Song, Creep, Big Empty.  All great songs but its nice to hear some different stuff every once in a while.  STP has so many great songs that never get played on the radio

T-Bone

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2009, 02:50:52 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
There's a station that plays D&B occasionally, but never when I'm listening.  :(

The only songs I hear are Vasoline, Interstate Love Song and Plush.

I can say the same for our radio stations here in Ohio.  However, they seem to be playing less and less of STP.  Our local stations seem to focus on either rap or disturbed, nickelback, puddle of mud, kid rock etc.  

I honestly don't listen to the radio much anymore.  I usually put the Zune on radom and go from there.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2009, 03:05:51 PM »
I heard a STP double shot consisting Vasoline and Trippn, and this morning heard Wicked Garden on another station ... no bad ..

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2009, 07:53:15 PM »
I can count the times I heard STP on radios... once LPS, once Big Empty, twice Creep and I think once Trippin'. Radio Sucks, at least here... there's no rock stations, a guy called asking for "Where's the man?" "hmmm, no we don't have it, it's a beautiful song" (bummer). Last year a radio made a "Scott Weiland Special"  so they played more than the "classics" (the radio doesn't exist anymore)  :-
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

LaLaGrunge

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • And So I Know
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2009, 12:17:27 AM »
Rock/Classic Rock/Hard Rock stations will usually play all of the heavy-hitting STP songs from Core and Purple where I live between NYC and Philadelphia. I'll hear Plush, ILS, STT, D&B, Big Empty, Creep and Vasoline at least once out of the week and every now and then I'll hear Wicked Garden, Plush (Acoustic), Crackerman, Meatplow or Unglued sometimes during the month. I've heard Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart and Big Bang Baby only a few times out of the year and I've never ever heard Lady Picture Show, Days of the Week or Sour Girl on a hard rock station. They're not "hard" enough to fit in with the manly chicken dinner playlist of 80s Hair-Metal that is played constantly as well.

This comes from stations like 94.1 WYSP which plays all of the rock from the 70s, 80s and 90s....and...that's...about.....it. They keep the same playlists basically every week where you hear the same Guns N Roses, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Pearl Jam, AC/DC and Nirvana songs every damn day.  

I've never heard "Down" once on 94.1 or 93.3. And it's probably STP's heaviest song.

Don't you hate radio stations that will only play album tracks and b-sides from their own cherry-picked bands? 94.1 WYSP has a "Mandatory Metallica" hour at 9pm every weeknight for an hour and 93.3 WMMR has a Pearl Jam "Ten Club" every weeknight at 10pm for an hour. It ain't even like you'd hear rarely played Metallica and Pearl Jam songs like "Seek & Destroy" or "Do the Evolution". Instead, you'll hear "Black" and "The Unforgiven"....that same stuff you heard earlier in the day. It sucks.

That's why I turned to 101.9 RXP in NYC which combines Classic Rock, Alternative and New Music into one format. The morning show with ex-MTV jockey Matt Pinfield is also a great way to hear one of the most knowledgeable music personalities in the country playing and discussing great tunes in the morning. Pinfield interviewed Scott in that 12BB interview if y'all remember. Bottom line...it's the only station where I'll hear The Beatles, Bad Company, Radiohead, STP, Collective Soul, Ben Harper, Kings of Leon, etc. all in one station.
Alter Bridge: 10/20/07
Live: 3/15/08
STP: 5/18/08, 5/31/08/Scott Weiland: 1/24/09
Metallica: 1/17/09
The Smithereens: 1/14/14/Sugar Ray-Better Than Ezra-Eve 6: 8/21/15

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2009, 12:23:17 AM »
Quote from: "LaLaGrunge"
Rock/Classic Rock/Hard Rock stations will usually play all of the heavy-hitting STP songs from Core and Purple where I live between NYC and Philadelphia. I'll hear Plush, ILS, STT, D&B, Big Empty, Creep and Vasoline at least once out of the week .

Same with our Rock/Classic Rock station here in Detroit.  They play STP quite a bit.  The same songs mentioned above minus ILS.  I heard STT on the way home today.  They are played on the two Canadian Alt Rock stations too.

DeathBedMotorcade

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2009, 12:33:23 AM »
They play Dead and Bloated occasionly here on 105.9 wxdx in Pittsburgh.  It's weird that I hardly ever listen to the radio since I have an ipod.  But it seems like more than a handful of times when I switch to the radio I have an STP song playing which is really random haha.

One song that I wish I would hear but haven't is Sin from Core.  That song is so kick ass.  I just don't understand how it wasn't a hit off that album.

God I can't wait for the new album. haha.

HeavenandHotrods87

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2009, 12:45:50 AM »
Yeah the rock station in my area mainly really only plays STT, ILS, Vasoline, and Plush.

I have heard them play Tumble In The Rough about twice and once they played STP's cover of Dancing Days ;D

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2009, 04:33:02 AM »
Quote from: "LaLaGrunge"
Don't you hate radio stations that will only play album tracks and b-sides from their own cherry-picked bands? 94.1 WYSP has a "Mandatory Metallica" hour at 9pm every weeknight for an hour and 93.3 WMMR has a Pearl Jam "Ten Club" every weeknight at 10pm for an hour. It ain't even like you'd hear rarely played Metallica and Pearl Jam songs like "Seek & Destroy" or "Do the Evolution". Instead, you'll hear "Black" and "The Unforgiven"....that same stuff you heard earlier in the day. It sucks.

There was a hard rock station in Chicago called the Zone that played a mid-day Metallica, and they played deep cuts liked Trapped Under Ice and Whiplash. Don't get me wrong, they played the staples like every other station does, but it was cool to hear everything else.

Q101 does a pretty good job mixing up Pearl Jam tracks. For every Betterman and Even Flow, they'll play Wishlist and Tremor Christ.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2009, 05:14:44 AM »
A station near me played "Down" which was pretty awesome. I've never heard that one on radio before.

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2009, 05:26:14 PM »
Last night we heard D&B on the 101.1 WRIF in Detroit (the rock station I was referring to above).  When the song was over, the DJ actually said that STP was coming out with a new album in 2010.  He said something like he hope STP goes back to old days or something like VR because the last couple STP albums were weak.  He went on to talk about Scott's solo album that was ok, he only liked one song.  His comments were meh, whatever but it was kinda cool to hear a DJ talking about STP and the new album coming out.