October 04, 2024, 01:24:15 AM

Author Topic: radio airplay  (Read 19034 times)

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
radio airplay
« on: August 06, 2008, 08:58:55 PM »
i just started working in a factory everyday so i have been listening to the radio a lot more during the course of the day. previously to this job i had heard plush, interstate love song, vasoline, wicked garden, and creep many of times on the radio but not anything else. well over the past couple of weeks i have heard pretty penny, unglued, big empty, trippin, sour girl, and surprisingly crackerman. i didnt even know radio stations had crackerman, but never sex type thing. what non single have you heard on the radio and what songs get a lot of playing time in your area?
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: radio airplay
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 09:09:15 PM »
I hear Crackerman all the time & STT... they play Dancin Days a lot too, and BE out here in Vegas.

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 09:12:07 PM »
Yeah, I hear Dancing Days quite a bit. I don't really listen to the radio enough to hear the non-singles.

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 09:50:15 PM »
On the radio station we listen to at work (some kind of corporate satellite system) they play Plush, Wicked Garden, ILS, Creep, Trippin', Down and Lady Picture Show on a rotation of sorts....at least one or two per night
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 09:55:52 PM »
I don't listen to the radio all that often, but when I do I hear a variety of STP.

Usually ILS, Dancing Days, STT, Creep, Plush... standard stuff.

The radio station down the shore where I used to live plays ALL of their stuff.  I even got them to play Coma! ;D  I listen to 'em online now. :P

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 12:42:11 AM »
Nothing out of the ordinary. Dancing Days and Dead and Bloated I'll hear. I'll hear Unglued once every great while.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

nickfas54

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 12:51:22 AM »
In cleveland i hear them at least once every hour either on 100.7 wmms or 92.3 KROCK
They plays ILS, Dancin Days, Trippin', Creep, Unglued, Plush (usually the acoustic version),  and STT

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 01:04:57 AM »
I'm prolly gonna catch it for this, but I don't listen to the radio anymore unless I'm in traffic or evacuating for a hurricane.  I'm sooo tired of hearing Nickelback, Maroon 5, and other mind-numbing "music" that I got an alarm clock that even lets me wake up to my discs now.

OK, joke at my expense all you want.
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 01:11:52 AM »
No, I get what you're saying. Im trying to get into radio & the sad thing is, (just like in the record buisness!!) it use to be owned by ALL these different companies, and they had a cap on HOW many stations one set company could have in each market... Well they raise that & raised that to what we have now, too many big comapies who own the bulk of the stations in each of our sities... and it sucks becuase they just keep throwing the same crap out over & over on ALL their stations with no real form of originality anymore. Makes it hard to be a listener, a artist, or a person working in the radio industry...

But there are some really cool stations left out there. Because Im so into that stuff whenever I travle, Im always looking for stations that kinda have a interesting concept... does anyone know of some cool stations out there so I can find them on the internet??

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 01:20:38 AM »
You're lucky guys!!!
In our radio stations STP doesn't play very often (for not to say never)it sucks....I've heard once Big Empty, Vasoline (I guess), Interstate Love Song, and stop counting... Once a guy called to the radio to ask for Where is the man? but they didn't have it (shit)...

Not too long ago a radio station (Kabul 107.9) made a special of Scott so I could heard a lot of songs!!! I was so happy!! :D

I don't listening to radio for that, they don't play good music, most of the time just crap...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

ArmyAnt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 01:21:18 AM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
I hear Crackerman all the time & STT... they play Dancin Days a lot too, and BE out here in Vegas.

Isnt STT a single? Here we get Crackerman, Unglued, and Dancing Days a lot, as well as the unplugged Plush.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 05:17:52 AM »
STP never plays here where we live.

But when I lived in Boston..they love STP so they used to play Trippin, Big Bang Baby, Sour Girl, Hollywood Bitch (this is a rarity), Creep, Crackerman, Plush, Creep etc.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 05:30:48 AM »
'rnd these parts we usually get to hear cuts from there first three albums .. might hear sour girl one in a a while same as with AITSTW

Yanks241

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 11:57:53 AM »
NY usually gets a heavy dose of Plush, Interstate, Trippin, STT, Crackerman, Wicked Garden, Creep.  I never hear Down, Sour Girl, Lady Picture anymore.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 12:03:21 PM »
I practically neverrrrrrrr hear them on the bay area's Live105. I don't listen to it that often, but the only STP song I've heard on it was Vasoline, and that was earlier tonight. Live105 mostly plays garbage. Like Flobots.

Oh and within the last couple months, whatever radio station that plays at my work, I dunno if it's XM or what, but I've heard ILS and Plush. I was stoked.
Bleeda blooda