September 19, 2024, 07:31:16 PM

Author Topic: STP new album popularity?  (Read 15722 times)

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP new album popularity?
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2010, 09:50:14 PM »
Here's a little experiment for all of you. Get on http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... ilots&aq=f  and browse around the various live videos of the band. About a year ago, about 25-30% of the comments were kinda negative (Weiland's a druggie, G&R/Nivana/Pearl Jam was better, etc.). Now, the comments are 98% positive.  People are giving the band a lot of credit now. They're commenting how bands now aren't as good as STP, or on how great STP was in concert when they saw them. I think this new CD will do REALLY well. There is a lot of pent-up yearning for real rock right now, and the timing is perfect for Stone Temple Pilots to claim the throne.

This CD won't sell as many copies as Core did, because the overall sales landscape has changed, as we all know. But compared to any other rock offerings out there right now, I think it will be a big hit.  I think a lot depends upon how well the tour goes and the buzz off of those shows.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2010, 03:22:40 AM »
Good point man! I have defiantly noticed this too.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2010, 04:04:21 AM »
ITs funny because if you look at all the VR videos on youtube they're all bashing scott!  Trashing his singing and saying he dances like a homo, where as when he was still with VR everyone was praising him!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2010, 08:11:54 AM »
Quote from: "DeadAndNotForSale"
Good point man! I have defiantly noticed this too.
Same here. I'm so excited for the new album to come out...I feel like we are seeing the dawn of a new STP era...rock veterans who can reclaim the "throne" and still kick ass alongside Pearl Jam, AIC, Soundgarden (hopefully), etc etc
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2010, 02:55:30 PM »
I've defo seen that....I have posted nice stuff on Scott..but, then again I would and all this homo/drugs things is a bit stupid.  Yes he did drugs but they way he dances is an expression of himself as a person and I happen to think it looks funky!

One thing I have noticed is that there is an increasing amount of people saying how lucky scott is to be alive etc.  (or maybe it is someone from here).

I am so  >:(  at the stuff directed at Scott.  People should get a life seriously!
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2010, 06:39:09 PM »
I love the way Scott dances... and I don't find it to be the least bit homo. He dances like that to take away the nerves and it is pretty cool. Scott is like on the verge of going out of control, yet still knows what he is doing. And hell, no one can say that he "stole" the dance moves he does. So unique. ;)
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2010, 11:12:16 PM »
I'm quite certain that if you accused Scott of "dancing like a homo", he'd just laugh and say "so?".

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2010, 11:34:52 PM »
Quote from: "DeadAndNotForSale"
And hell, no one can say that he "stole" the dance moves he does. So unique. ;)

Wellll, i wouldn't go that far.  ;)  In the last few years, starting with his VR days, he's developed pretty annoying Mick Jagger struts and arm actions. His other moves, I agree, look cool and are original, but that Jagger stuff has got to go.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2010, 04:08:58 PM »
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"
[Haha yeah I remember them. Didn't have their CD but I knew some songs...I have "Downfall" and "Surfacing" on my itunes. Remember Adema?!?! They were Linkin Park clones that had that one song "Giving In"...haha that was back in the day

Oh yeah. I saw them a few times in concert. As with most of the bands of that era, their debut album was really good, and it was downhill afterwards. I havn't listened to much of their recent material with the newer singer, but I heard it was really different. Since then though, I guess Marky is back with the band and they have the original line-up back. Orgy just reunited as well. All of these bands are coming back from the mothballs.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Bipolarbear126

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2010, 04:14:42 AM »
I've been a fan since 2004 when Velvet Revolver came out. It made me aware of Scott's amazing-ness and quickly bought all of Stone Temple Pilots' albums and fell in love with that band. I was 16 at the time.

Whether their new album makes it big or not, I'm just happy that since I started being a fan, I am able to anticipate a brand new STP record, something I was too young to have done back in the 90s.
Cocaine. Alcohol. Lady-lay. Withdrawal.

artsyblacksmith

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
STP really needs to.....
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2010, 01:01:47 AM »
...regain their status among todays listeners. "BETWEEN THE LINES" was a great start off point, but they have been gone for 8 years. They need to hit it hard like they did when they started in this proffession, to get back that popularity they had in their hayday. THEY HAVE TO!  I say, "scrap "TAKE A LOAD OFF" and release "FAST AS I CAN" ,with a big push (music video, promos, etc ) and "CINNAMON" at the same time to pop radio. not that TALO is a bad choice, its probably my fav on the new album, but the mass majority of listeners "dont get it no more" the singles have got to hit hard, and fast with no empty spaces. Then for the fourth single release "FIRST KISS ON MARS". What is STP and Atlantic Records doing? DEJA VU! :( 

"STP", Stop Being Lazy! Your band deserves better! You guys write better music than Rolling Stones, U2, RHCP, FOO FIGHTERS, GREEN DAY you guys deserve to be on top. ;)   

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP really needs to.....
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2010, 12:17:35 AM »
I would love to see the songs you mentioned released as singles in exactly the same way you described it
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP really needs to.....
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2010, 07:34:55 PM »
Peacoat would be a rockin single, well atleast thats one of my favorites from the album.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.