September 19, 2024, 08:25:25 AM

Author Topic: Slash discusses about Scott Weiland  (Read 17525 times)

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Slash trashes Scott Weiland
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »
Quote from: "WhenTheItchGetsBad"
Whether it be celebrity status or musically, Slash will always be relevant. Like I said, I don't like Slash's music more than Weiland's, but I can admit that Scott Weiland will never have more relevance than Slash.
You always forget one thing, Slash is considered the only guitar hero (not the video game) left. Who has come after Slash that has been considered a monumental rock guitarist?
Now how many singers that have come out since Weiland that have been considered great singers. Weiland is the last of the great frontmen in rock and roll, that's true, but it's apparent that the music industry doesn't care anymore. They'd rather watch American Idol.

I think Slash is awesome. I just think with mainstream music scene as it is, Slash and his contemporaries will not be as relevant as they should be. You are right that Slash is more known than Scott Weiland. But that's more a fault of bad management and bad decisions.

And I don't think there will be any one that comes close Slash's accomplishments in the future. I think music is going downhill and we're lucky to still have these kind of icons going strong.

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2009, 04:05:19 AM »
Quote from: "VeiledTrickerySTP"
Quote from: "WhenTheItchGetsBad"
Whether it be celebrity status or musically, Slash will always be relevant. Like I said, I don't like Slash's music more than Weiland's, but I can admit that Scott Weiland will never have more relevance than Slash.
You always forget one thing, Slash is considered the only guitar hero (not the video game) left. Who has come after Slash that has been considered a monumental rock guitarist?
Now how many singers that have come out since Weiland that have been considered great singers. Weiland is the last of the great frontmen in rock and roll, that's true, but it's apparent that the music industry doesn't care anymore. They'd rather watch American Idol.

I think Slash is awesome. I just think with mainstream music scene as it is, Slash and his contemporaries will not be as relevant as they should be. You are right that Slash is more known than Scott Weiland. But that's more a fault of bad management and bad decisions.

And I don't think there will be any one that comes close Slash's accomplishments in the future. I think music is going downhill and we're lucky to still have these kind of icons going strong.

I agree.
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

cagedtiger1640

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2009, 06:32:42 PM »
excellent we can all agree to agree lol.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Slash trashes Scott Weiland (again)
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2009, 07:54:37 PM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
I remember the band saying Scott walked in and blew them away when he auditioned.

Yeah, he needs to keep his story straight if he wants people to take him seriously.

Autopilot

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2009, 08:03:23 PM »
looks like slash has nothing better to do but complain about people who he once worked with. Man! how bout saying how nice it was to work with Scott. I think the 80's over boarding that slash has been a part of is going to his head. What is it with this decade, why can't bands just play. enough of the BS. just find your new singer and be done. I miss the 90's.
We have Liftoff the pilots are in the air!

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2009, 08:16:52 PM »
yea thats pretty lame, the sad part is they'll take him serious anyways cause the only ones that disagree are STP fans, i hate watching that Slither video on youtube i mean i love the video and its got a shit load of views but must of those fuckin people dont even know who Scott is and i bet they all sing along to plush and ILS, if you read the comments theyre all asking if he's gay and then the rest bash him cuz he's not Axl so you'd think they're GNR fans but at the same time they don't even know shit cuz they think Chinese Dem. hasn't come out lol and it's just typical for ppl to talk shit cuz thats what makes other people talk and therefore you're band still being talked about, they don't even have a singer i'm sure many big names have gone by like Steve Tyler who was gonna do it but he chose Led Zeppelin instead..(easy choice) all they do is talk about "some guy" and the media is all over it! i wish they didn't get any attention at all but alot of fans wanna hear something with another singer, there was some poll on MTV saying that 73% would rather hear the band without Scott which is just bullshit,now they got more shit to ask them about, first it was GNR now they got "Whos the new singer?!?!!!" and "will we ever see a GNR reunion?!?!?!?!" just fuckin let it go! I'm looking forward Slash's new album cuz i'm sure it will be good for any rock fans and i hear Loaded is doing a new album the question is whats gonna happen after that? will we finally have Axl done with his pms? or will STP take a break after this album? (if they do we will probably have another Scott solo) or will they have a new singer??? VR is turning into a soap opera without even trying! and sadly they were bigger in the 90's than the 80's
If you only knew..

Strange-Content

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2009, 08:29:23 PM »
Slash is so full of himself sometimes.
well, scratch that, all the time.

Quote from: "VelvetLoungeFly"
there was some poll on MTV saying that 73% would rather hear the band without Scott which is just bullshit

When they get a new singer, I bet most of them will STILL complain. Watch.

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2009, 02:34:55 PM »
I've just lost alot of respect for Slash with all of this.  VR was a nice filler while waiting for
STP to reunite.  But does anyone out there feel like VR was like a weird dream?  
Example:  I spent a crap-load of money on VR tix and merch, because at the time,
I really did enjoy the band.  But when STP got back together, my VR stuff just went
into this big box.  

It makes all the sense in the world while Scott wasn't at the meet-n-greets during the summer of 07.  I met STP in 01' in Detroit at Family Values.  Scott and the guys were
great, and Scott seemed like he was truly enjoying himself.  But with the tension going
on with VR, I understand why Scott felt alienated.  It's a shame.  VR had so much
potential to be a band with staying-power.  

But, I guess I'm glad they broke-up.  The whole STP re-union wouldn't have happened.
Right?

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2009, 04:29:50 PM »
How true!!!!!!!!!!!!
I only throw in a VR bootleg to hear Scott's rock voice.
  Fuck those 3 guys would still be living off of guns memories still to this day if it weren't for the man.
  Yeah hey Slash....you wouldnt even have been a guitar hero or no one buyin your biography if it wasnt for Scott.
hawk

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2009, 08:12:40 PM »

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2009, 06:39:06 AM »
Quote from: "Lazy Divey"

So true.

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2009, 07:02:10 AM »
See all you got to do to get slash to shut up is just ask about what he's been doing in his spare time.... selling everything but his penis to advertising.... which i'm sure will happen eventually. I mean honestly..... this whole velvet revolver finding a singer thing is just soooo.... outdated..... Atleast Stone Temple Pilots are alive and kicking and that is saying A LOT! Props to Velvet Revolver for putting on two awesome shows during the Contraband era in Columbus and Cleveland....... but Libertad was a bust and when your singer doesn't care.... that means you're fucked no matter if you're a new band just making it out there or fucking Slash........

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2009, 07:28:03 AM »
Quote from: "BrandoKommando"
I've just lost alot of respect for Slash with all of this.  VR was a nice filler while waiting for
Example:  I spent a crap-load of money on VR tix and merch, because at the time,
I really did enjoy the band.  But when STP got back together, my VR stuff just went
into this big box.  

It makes all the sense in the world while Scott wasn't at the meet-n-greets during the summer of 07.  I met STP in 01' in Detroit at Family Values.  Scott and the guys were
great, and Scott seemed like he was truly enjoying himself.  But with the tension going
on with VR, I understand why Scott felt alienated.  It's a shame.  VR had so much

But, I guess I'm glad they broke-up.  The whole STP re-union wouldn't have happened.
Right?

-Brandon

Well they were already planning to reunite but it was going to be a couple festival dates, and then Scott wanted to get back with VR to record number 3.

We wouldn't be getting STP number 6 if it weren't for the breakup though, so we can be thankful for that.
Bleeda blooda

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2009, 06:39:13 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "BrandoKommando"
into this big box.  

Right?

-Brandon

Well they were already planning to reunite but it was going to be a couple festival dates, and then Scott wanted to get back with VR to record number 3.

We wouldn't be getting STP number 6 if it weren't for the breakup though, so we can be thankful for that.

At this point STP No. 6 is what I'm living for!

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2009, 08:25:52 AM »
STP # 6?

Hmmmm, do we have a possible album title in the works?

Better let the STP creative team know...

Ha ha!

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland