September 19, 2024, 08:31:33 AM

Author Topic: Slash discusses about Scott Weiland  (Read 17526 times)

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Slash trashes Scott Weiland (again)
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2009, 11:45:40 PM »
I remember the band saying Scott walked in and blew them away when he auditioned.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Slash trashes Scott Weiland
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2009, 12:22:34 AM »
Quote from: "STP"
Are you guys still here?

Don't you guys have a family, a job or a hobby to get some entertainment?

It's better than keep attacking each other, and it's for all of us.

I feel it's getting personal.

Actually, I don't mind if you guys don't mind too, it's just a advice.
This is why I haven't responded to anything Itch has said in this thread, it's not worth the time or getting frustrated over.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2009, 02:37:11 AM »
I realize I look like the bad guy here, but Brett you knew what you were doing when you posted this topic.
Don't play innocent.

I'm done here. Kicking a dead horse is not my sport of choice.
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2009, 03:49:17 AM »
I still love you, WhenTheItchGetsBad.  I love everyone on here.  Don't let this argument make you think differently. You are still a class act.    :)

Sorry I know I wasn't supposed to post again.  But I am not arguing this time.

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2009, 09:26:36 PM »
Quote from: "Casual"
I still love you, WhenTheItchGetsBad.  I love everyone on here.  Don't let this argument make you think differently. You are still a class act.    :)

Sorry I know I wasn't supposed to post again.  But I am not arguing this time.

I should hope there's no hard feelings. The whole point of this message board is to exchange opinions and thoughts on STP related topics. Just because we disagree doesn't mean we have to be enemies. It's the nature of the beast when highly opinionated people congregate on one place at one time.
Things get heated, but there's no hate, at least from my end end, against anyone.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2009, 10:26:53 PM »
Fuckin god!

ok first of all if Scott says he dislikes the stones thats NOT gonna make me not listen to his music how does Slash saying that Scott was difficult have anything to do with you  not looking forward his new music?!?!?!?!
a lot of people on this act like Sebastian Bach to Axl Rose which is a perfect example!
you all know damn well that if you were singers and Slash asked you to work with him you would do it.
Slash needs to talk about being unhappy and blah so people can think this solo album is his best work cuz he's "happy" now EVERYONE DOES IT! like Scott saying he hadn't felt about an album like he did with purple during Libertad and then says he was miserable during it and the rest of guns saying that its the best album they have ever made yet right after they say that it wasn't the album they wanted to make but they like it.
Brett you knew damn well what you were doing when you posted this, you know i'm pretty sure your freaking nightmare is VR doing anything with Scott again which you highly believe would never happen yet Doug who sees Scott daily says it wil, i'm very glad and thankful that i got to see VR and STP in their prime, VR had to end when it did because the band was too dangerous to begin with being the way they were for their age and responsibilities wasn't meant to last.
back then everyone had their guitar heroes and Slash is probably the last one, everything he has done whether its a hit or not has been good and he has worked with many legends and greats who actually called him to do so, you can clearly tell he isn't full of shit and carries himself the way he wants and says what he wants, no one in the industry has anything bad to say about the guy but Axl.
and just like Slash's position, Scott Weiland is the last freaking true rock frontman the industry wanted them to be the next Mick and Keef, i don't think the band is bitter about Scott i think they see it more as being pissed off about being difficult to work with him and they say things to make it look like they didn't need him but they know damn well that they loved it so they talk all their bullshit, Scott was in a band with 3 other guys that got attention as much as he did and having an ego didn't help that, i don't think people understand how much shit these guys went through specially with management and the fuckin industry ! people withing their same management trying to scare Scott with GNR reunion plans to the point where Scott actually believed that they were gonna get back together Axl hated them being together which is why he created his little rumors, they had to go through people asking them about GnR reunions while promoting their albums and it must have been even more annoying to Scott.
Scott talking about Axl didn't help the situation, he took various jabs at him and every chance he had and the band wasn't comfortable with him doing that cuz first of Scott doesn't even know him and second they wanted to bury the whole guns thing during VR and again it's not like people asked Scott about an STP reunion on every interview so thats a hurt to his ego since STP was also very successful, VR success was due to their fans STP and GNR fans and then you have the people that are just anxious to hear true rock which was me when i heard slither for the first time on the radio having no idea who it was but it just gave chills then you have the people who love it but just think Scott is gay or sucks which is stupid.
it's sad to see or hear people ripping on musicians that actually care about the music we love, why dont we rip on nickelback??????????
If you only knew..

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2009, 10:40:28 PM »
I really wasn't going to say anything more in regards to this topic, but, thank you.
Some people get it, some don't.

Wingless Bird

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2009, 01:44:36 AM »
Sorry I just need to say this: I bet that scott doesn't give a shit what slash says about him so why should we?

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2009, 02:55:03 AM »
Quote from: "Wingless Bird"
Sorry I just need to say this: I bet that scott doesn't give a shit what slash says about him so why should we?
Hahahaha, word.

cagedtiger1640

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2009, 02:08:39 PM »
"Whether you want to admit it or not, Scott Weiland will never have the cultural or musical impact that Slash has had on the world.
That's it."

A little off topic but your right "has" had (GnR was a huge cultural phenomenon), but were living in the present right now and Scotty is more relevant musically in 2009 than Slash (we're talking musically here, not celebrity wise).  I don't want to argue just putting in my two cents.  I'm just glad STP is back together.  To me there music is more interesting and diverse.  I dig there interesting textures and chord progressions compared to the straight forward rock VR made.  I remember doug saying something similar in an interview earlier this year.    Now i'm not trying to start an agruement thats just my opinion on the music.  Also I would be willing to say that STP is just as relevant as VR was after the initial hype.  I"m willing to bet the new STP will sell just as much or more than Libertad.

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2009, 04:39:36 PM »
Quote from: "cagedtiger1640"
"Whether you want to admit it or not, Scott Weiland will never have the cultural or musical impact that Slash has had on the world.
That's it."

A little off topic but your right "has" had (GnR was a huge cultural phenomenon), but were living in the present right now and Scotty is more relevant musically in 2009 than Slash (we're talking musically here, not celebrity wise).  I don't want to argue just putting in my two cents.  I'm just glad STP is back together.  To me there music is more interesting and diverse.  I dig there interesting textures and chord progressions compared to the straight forward rock VR made.  I remember doug saying something similar in an interview earlier this year.    Now i'm not trying to start an agruement thats just my opinion on the music.  Also I would be willing to say that STP is just as relevant as VR was after the initial hype.  I"m willing to bet the new STP will sell just as much or more than Libertad.

No, Scott Weiland will never be more relevant musically then Slash. You can't even argue that with a straight face. How many times has Weiland been on the cover of a video game? Walk up to 10 kids on the street. First ask them who Scott Weiland is, then ask the who Slash is.
As far as who's music I like better as a whole, probably Weiland. I'm not a big GNR fan. But Weiland will never be Slash.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2009, 06:30:22 PM »
Quote from: "WhenTheItchGetsBad"
I realize I look like the bad guy here, but Brett you knew what you were doing when you posted this topic.
Don't play innocent.

I gotta agree with the Itch. Brett knew he was stirring the pot with this topic.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »
Quote from: "WhenTheItchGetsBad"
Quote from: "cagedtiger1640"
That's it."

No, Scott Weiland will never be more relevant musically then Slash. You can't even argue that with a straight face. How many times has Weiland been on the cover of a video game? Walk up to 10 kids on the street. First ask them who Scott Weiland is, then ask the who Slash is.
As far as who's music I like better as a whole, probably Weiland. I'm not a big GNR fan. But Weiland will never be Slash.

Asking 10 random kids on the street if they can tell you who Slash is compared to Scott is what he referring to as the celebrity relevance. It's got nothing to do with music.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2009, 07:48:34 PM »
Agreed. Ask 10 random kids if they know Justin Timberlake or Slash and they would mostly tell you Justin Timberlake. No one in their right mind would believe that JT is better than Slash. Just because more people know you (i.e. manipulating the public with payolas) doesn't mean you're more musically talented.

As far as this subject, the fact remains that without Scott, Velvet Revolver is done and probably Slash's last hope of remaining relevant went with him. Scott is irreplacable and that is something STP found out. To me, that's a mark of a true frontman.

And to give credit where its due, Velvet Revolver was an AWESOME super group. I thought both albums were spectacular. It's too bad none of them could get along.

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »
Whether it be celebrity status or musically, Slash will always be relevant. Like I said, I don't like Slash's music more than Weiland's, but I can admit that Scott Weiland will never have more relevance than Slash.
You always forget one thing, Slash is considered the only guitar hero (not the video game) left. Who has come after Slash that has been considered a monumental rock guitarist?
Now how many singers that have come out since Weiland that have been considered great singers. Weiland is the last of the great frontmen in rock and roll, that's true, but it's apparent that the music industry doesn't care anymore. They'd rather watch American Idol.