September 19, 2024, 07:30:43 PM

Author Topic: Slash discusses about Scott Weiland  (Read 17534 times)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Slash trashes Scott Weiland (again)
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2009, 04:47:50 PM »
Quote from: "BrandoKommando"
STP # 6?

Hmmmm, do we have a possible album title in the works?

Better let the STP creative team know...

Ha ha!

-Brandon

Man, that's been rumored for months. I'd rather a self-titled album though.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Slash makes some really harsh comments about Scott
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2009, 12:11:57 PM »
I didn't want to call him a dickhead in the thread title, but jeez, Slash needs to STFU.

"The 5 years we did Velvet Revolver it wasn't really that much fun. We had success and I never really enjoyed the success at all."

"How difficult is Scott? Well now that I'm not in a band with him, it's easy. Hahaha. Ya know, I like Scott, Scott's a good guy, um, in his own way. But I like him since I'm not in a band with him, I like him a lot more, but in a band with him, he's just one of those guys who's not a team player. And that's just the way he is. So uh, a lot like another guy I worked with. Where just very inconsiderate to the people around, that help make everything happen. And that's, it's really, it's not how rock bands should work. And actually, you know, a lot of people are difficult, but you work things out. These guys, you know, Scott and, they're, they take it to an extreme that I've never seen before where they're just so self-involved that they just don't realize what they're putting everybody else through. And that's just the way it is. It's very self-destructive."

What a bitter guy. It's depressing how he still feels the need to badmouth him after a year and a half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoiTZpwV ... r_embedded
Bleeda blooda

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Slash makes some really harsh comments about Scott
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2009, 01:11:36 PM »
well badmouth and badmouth...I mean he was telling how he feels, he was asked that question. I mean Slash actually knows/knew Scott, unlike any of us, we're heard it so many times (that he's too self-centered and such) so be it then.
As far as not having fun those 5 years, he's not saying it's because of Scott, and I think for one he's lying and he's bummed out cause his carreer kinda died and finding a new singer doesn't seem to happen.
I had the midwife naked and alone

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2009, 05:31:35 PM »
Quote from: "Comatose Commodity"
well badmouth and badmouth...I mean he was telling how he feels, he was asked that question. I mean Slash actually knows/knew Scott, unlike any of us, we're heard it so many times (that he's too self-centered and such) so be it then.
As far as not having fun those 5 years, he's not saying it's because of Scott, and I think for one he's lying and he's bummed out cause his carreer kinda died and finding a new singer doesn't seem to happen.

Agreed.. I really don't believed that Scott was "fired" though. Slash and Matt should just keep quiet- it's over and done with. You just have to look at the facts- STP is on the up and up, Scott leaving VR was probably the best decision of his career and the other guys are jealous (and it shows). No need to be sour-pusses.

I'm taking bets on what comes first- a new VR singer or ending poverty in Africa.. any takers?
--Rob--

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »
well, I DO understand they felt "hurt" about Scott relapses, but they should've known how that shit works.
Slash mentions Japan as a cause of Scott's departure, and I don't understand why, it wasn't something he could've controlled (maybe I don't know exactly what happened). About Australia, wasn't a Matt rehabilition issue too?
As for "is hard deal/work with Scott" I think is about Scott is a leader, Slash is a leader and Matt a wannabe leader, so they didn't stand it, I don't mean he's easy to deal with ('cause I don't know)

I don't buy Slash didn't enjoy VR... doesn't make sense to me...  :-  They all seemed to enjoy it, at least the first years

have you listened to "No shame" Loaded's song?

By the way, this time wasn't harsh as the last Slash comment
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2009, 06:17:07 PM »
It may be harsh but honestly it's probably true. What lead singer hasn't been called self absorbed or destructive at one point in his career? In fact I can't even count how many times in his career Scott has, without a doubt, been harmful to a band he's been in. Just because he's our golden boy, and is undeniably extremely talented, doesn't mean he's immune to the pitfalls of every other lead singer. It's not like he hasn't let his demons or personal agenda get in the way of being in a happy, functioning band before. He'll always be #1 in my book but that doesn't mean he can't have the same flaws everyone else on this earth has.

Yes, Slash and Sorum should probably stop talking about the breakup, but that won't happen until reporters stop asking, which they won't until they find a new singer (which may never happen). But until then, i have no problem with the other members of VR simply answering the questions honestly for the fans.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2009, 07:36:36 PM »
Yeah, but even when a new singer is chosen (or IF a singer is chosen), reporters will just ask, "So how does 'so and so' compare to Scott?"

You know it will happen. More than once.
Back for another one

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2009, 08:44:27 PM »
Sure, Scott has a bit of an ego. But he's got enough humility to admit he had his fair share to do with the VR breakup. Slash lays the blame entirely on Scott. It's as though he has such a big ego that somehow he believes he was completely innocent of doing anything that alienated Scott.

Slash seems like a nice guy, and he's a pretty good guitarist... But he sure seems to have big freaking ego.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2009, 09:57:26 PM »
Slash is such a dick.   And he always has to include his little "oh he is still great though" comment.  It just goes to show how two faced he was and is.  So, now he was miserable the whole time and it was all because of Scott?!  They are the ones that chose him.  Everybody basically knew that this would happen anyways so it is their own fault.  Also, Scott made the band bigger than it could have been without him.   Scott has been a total class act and hasn't badmouthed any of the members since the breakup.  

Good luck on your "santana" album Slash, cuz any credibility that you had basically died with VR.

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2009, 12:25:11 AM »
Well one... i can't compare scott to that slob axl... and Slash i think is really going out of his way to emphasize that Scott was the problem. I got a feeling that no one really had a problem with Scott after he left, but they have to keep acting like they have a problem so that they can keep Velvet Revolver alive... Like seriously.... Scott cannot have been nearly as bad as Axl....

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2009, 12:42:29 AM »
How is this bad?? Scott did start showing up late for gigs all the time!!!! and he wasn't a team player at all lol he was never at the meet and greets and all that shit not to top the fact that he has the same management as Axl which is we feed your ego as long as you pay us a bit more type of management, the only thing that bothers me is that Slash needs to understand these two guys have bipolar disorder...it's a very serious sensitive deal,  at the same time i can't blame him because unless you're inside that persons head you will never understand, i lost a good friend cuz of it and i never thought how serious it was i just thought he was weird and isolated himself randomly but he ended up believing he was jesus and took his life....
Ross Halfin also said Scott was being completely strange, i love Scott and i would pick his music over anything Slash does any day but the truth is rather obvious.
If you only knew..

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2009, 01:08:35 AM »
that may be true but i mean no wonder Scott hasn't been to happy with VR.... it's not him. I mean Contraband was phenomenal but it wasn't him. At the columbus show scott had a smile on his face half the show. Not to mention, he's very happy with his solo work and his record company.... so like.... maybe he just wasn't happy and maybe Slash's and dicksucker sorum's egos couldn't grasp that.... I mean no matter what, no matter what state he is.... Scott puts everything into his performances and we know that... so it's not like he wasn't trying in Velvet Revolver. it was just conflict of egos.

Now, that being said, i'm not going to deny that Scott didn't have anything to do with Velvet Revolver's down fall... Scott clearly sent the band through a loop that last few months with all the stunts he pulled, but it's not like velvet revolver wasn't already going down hill with a mediocre album and substantially less successful tour than the contraband one.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2009, 01:22:43 AM »
Quote from: "thefrontman55"
that may be true but i mean no wonder Scott hasn't been to happy with VR.... it's not him. I mean Contraband was phenomenal but it wasn't him. At the columbus show scott had a smile on his face half the show. Not to mention, he's very happy with his solo work and his record company.... so like.... maybe he just wasn't happy and maybe Slash's and dicksucker sorum's egos couldn't grasp that.... I mean no matter what, no matter what state he is.... Scott puts everything into his performances and we know that... so it's not like he wasn't trying in Velvet Revolver. it was just conflict of egos.

Now, that being said, i'm not going to deny that Scott didn't have anything to do with Velvet Revolver's down fall... Scott clearly sent the band through a loop that last few months with all the stunts he pulled, but it's not like velvet revolver wasn't already going down hill with a mediocre album and substantially less successful tour than the contraband one.

true but Scott full on way out of his way to look like Axl lol aScott likes to blame wives lol i think that's also a really reasonable thing and he's talking about Mary and Perla getting involve i've always said this they were acting like they were in their 20's Scott was clearly happy, hell all of em where until Libertad! and thank god this wasn't the same timeline for STP cuz they would have been done Libertad and all that shit went down cuz Scott's head was on his solo thing all the way, i mean lyrically Happy and Libertad are very fuckin similar, even though Libertad is a hard rock album you still sense the vibe of HIG and i love it too cuz it's like a SW concept project if u listen to both all the way through, VR is done but the media still cares and i'm glad they took their chances but someone needs to tell them that if they wanna find someone they need to realize that a singer tends to be more fucked up in the head more than the other guys....and these are the GNR guys we're talking about lol so.....if they don't simmer down they will continue to run into maniacs !! haha but i'm sure they know that thats what rock n roll is all about haha and it's also not built to last unless it goes by the name of THE ROLLING STONES lol
If you only knew..

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Slash: "I have no no issues with Scott."
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2010, 03:02:20 PM »
Being in a band is alot like being in a relationship with someone. The breakup is messy, but overtime, you'll end up being cordial with eachother.

...There is always exceptions to the rule, however.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Slash: "I have no no issues with Scott."
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2010, 03:06:32 PM »
somewhat surprising to see Slash show a shred of maturity for once