September 19, 2024, 07:28:49 PM

Author Topic: Slash discusses about Scott Weiland  (Read 17533 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Slash discusses about Scott Weiland
« on: July 17, 2009, 05:35:21 AM »
http://www.grungereport.net/2009/07/17/ ... n-weiland/

A little journalistic bias at the end  ;D

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

T-Bone

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Slash trashes Scott Weiland
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 05:50:48 AM »
What a bunch of crap!  I'm sure that Slash has no ego whatsoever and willingly submits all creative control to everyone in the band.  I know that there has been a lot written about Scott, but a supergroup like VR has a lot more issues than Scott Weiland.  I mean, if Scott was truly that difficult to work with, then how has STP managed to keep all original members and continually put out great records.  I think Slash feels betrayed because of Scott's departure and the rumors of STP's upcoming release perhaps points to the finalization of VR.  Perhaps Slash also recalls the poor record sales of the first Snakepit album.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:36:50 AM »
“I always support whatever group I’m playing with – I’ll never say anything bad about them while I’m in it."

Uh... so wtf... is he not IN VR anymore?? Those are his words I quoted... then he went on to sound like hes not with them....

Glad Im not waiting on that band to do anything.

Whatever Slash. You know you fucked up. Just be man enough to say maybe you were wrong.

I hope Scott is laughing at their hard time finding his replacement. They made it sould soooooooooooooo easy. He's put out one cd & now working on a 2nd & done, what, 4 different legs of tours since leaving VR?? Laugh Scotty. Laugh yourself to sleep each night.

STP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 11:43:26 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
http://www.grungereport.net/2009/07/17/slash-trashes-stp-frontman-weiland/

A little journalistic bias at the end  ;D

Good job, very impressive... ;)
Whatever they say I am, that's what I'm not!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 01:33:01 PM »
This is how I interpret this::: Slash was mad at Scott, but Scott was the best, and without him VR would not have been half as good. Replacing him is impossible, RIP Velvet Revolver! VIVA LA STP!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

happygirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 02:50:31 PM »
sour grapes...  :'(
So one and one and one make three
                                  And it changed

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 04:20:15 PM »
sounds like he hasn't gotten along w/ either singers he's linked to.  Axl and Scott.  He's had some nice paydays the past couple of years with VR and the video game.   I thought VR had some good music in them.  Groups are a collaboration usually.  I recall Dave Kushner's commenting how Slash wouldn't let him do a guitar solo on the song he wrote.  Goes both ways.  Sad to seem them go.  Nice to have STP back, though.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 05:04:34 PM »
Wahh wahh wahhh i'll listen to vr anyday, i dont see how he is trashing Scott since he is difficult to work with STP should know, and im glad they took their chances with him and Brett if you're running a news site nobody really cares about your opinion on things lol i could see if you posted info on what slash is doing now and what STP is up to and just end it there but your statement is bogus and stupid. i'm looking forward Slash's solo record but not to VR with a new singer if Scott isn't singing i wont care for it, if they do work with somone else they should change the name since it would probably be really good music regardless but i can say that im not planning on going to one of their shows if it consist of the new guy singing any songs from previous material, i was fine with Scott singing some GNR becuase it has been a long time and those songs are legendary but again i wont support some guys singing vr shit unless is new music and a new name .
If you only knew..

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 05:47:47 PM »
I'm kinda disappointed to hear Slash say that. I mean yah looks like the cat is out of the bag now. I never had anything against the guy. I mean I think his guitar licks are awesome no matter what band or whatnot. I just never knew he felt like that towards Scott. I always thought it was Matt Sorum and Scott that were the guys that didn't get along at one point. I know it's on stage and you play it up to the crowd but from what I saw, thought they were cool with each other. Guess Slash pushed his feelings under the carpet for 5 long years which is probably the outcome of today of him being so bitter about VR. I guess that's the final nail in the coffin for VR right! heh

O0

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 05:52:40 PM »
I wanna support VR future music, but hell... this kind of things push me away...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 06:06:02 PM »
Yah that's exactly how I feel. It's like damn Slash feels that way? That's a shame....less interested now.

O0

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 06:10:31 PM »
what idiot wrote this article? talk about fabricating a title to get readers....

As a die hard STP/VR/Scott Weiland fan this article completely insults my intelligence -

First of all, where does Slash trash Weiland in this entire article? The worst thing he says is "Scott doesn't work well in a group situation"...holy shit, call the fucking cavalry, what a bombshell!

Secondly, he's being completely misquoted: "That was the toughest five years, dealing with that band, just because of the obvious [Weiland]."  - ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You can't do that as a journalist, that's putting words in his mouth. Slash would never directly say "that was the toughest five years because of my lead singer Scott Weiland", he has too much class to say something like that. By inserting a word he never said into the article the "journalist" makes Slash seem like a complete dickhead. Though he may have been inferring that the Weiland debacle helped bring the group down (which everyone already knows anyway) he would never throw a bandmate past or present under the bus like that.

Sorry if I "come off as bitter", i just hate poor journalism, especially when it involves my 2 favorite musicians
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 06:22:40 PM »
Dear Stone Temple Brett,

Slash trashes Scott Weiland..
Hmmm... now give me a moment here.

" I have nothing bad to say about Scott, but he doesn’t work well with others in a group situation." - Slash

So, uh, where did Slash trash Scott Weiland again? Oh yeah, he didn't. Silly Brett, I too sometimes forget to read an article for what it is, and not what I want it to be.
Now, from what I've gathered by simple observation here, Scott has NEVER worked well with others in a group situation, just look at STP's turbulent career for fuck's sake. I don't see how he ever once trashes Scott in this article. He's simply talking about his disappointment in the band as a whole, in sound, musical direction and overall personal appeal to him. Not just Scott.
Some of you guys sit here and whine and moan about how Slash and Matt Sorum and Duff McKagen are all assholes and how Scott is so much better than them at life. Man, get over it! What harm is it doing you for them not to like each other? Are you directly involved with their personal lives? Do you hold some kind of personal loyalty to them in their affairs away from the music? NO! And if you do you should probably go set an appointment with a lobotomist! (Symptoms may include undying loyalty to rock stars' personal affairs, mentally creating situations where patients convince themselves that they are best of friends with said rock star and having in depth conversations about confidential information regarding said rock star's forthcoming album, arguing moot points, putting words in the mouths of other people, skewing forum topic titles to grabs readers' attention, etc.)
You really can't even admit when Slash or anyone in his camp make valid points or release good music? You pick the absolute pettiest reasons to try and make them look bad, but then Scott will come around and say something and you'll stand by it until the day you die. Why? What is the point in you putting rainbows over Matt Sorum's head? What the hell did Matt Sorum, or Slash for that matter, ever do to you?! They had issues with SCOTT WEILAND. You, my dear dear friend, are most certainly NOT Scott Weiland.
The true fact here, Brett, is not Slash being bitter over Velvet Revolver. It's all of the sour fans being bitter over the fact that your golden boy just wasn't cutting it for them. Whether you want to admit it or not, Scott Weiland will never have the cultural or musical impact that Slash has had on the world.
That's it.

With <3 & :-* ,
Itch

P.S.
By the way.. wouldn't it make more sense to put a picture of Slash up on your website for that article? The entire article, after all, was a Slash quote. At least a half Slash/half Weiland picture? No? Well, you're still learning as a webmaster, we all make mistakes.

P.S.S
I don't think Scott Weiland would appreciate you dumping all over a band he spent 5 years sweating and bleeding into. Whether you like the current VR camp or not, that music was Scott's too. Maybe you just never thought about it that way though. I'm sure Scott will forgive you. :)

Disclaimer:
To all who are eagerly waiting to rip me apart for "bashing Scott Weiland", please make a note that I just shelled out $70 to go see Stone Temple Pilots at Mohegan Sun tonight. I obviously have nothing against Scott Weiland, Stone Temple Pilots or Velvet Revolver. I do, however, have plenty against disrespectful fans, and I'm sure Scott Weiland would too.
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 06:28:25 PM »
Quote from: "Slither"
what idiot wrote this article? talk about fabricating a title to get readers....

As a die hard STP/VR/Scott Weiland fan this article completely insults my intelligence -

First of all, where does Slash trash Weiland in this entire article? The worst thing he says is "Scott doesn't work well in a group situation"...holy shit, call the fucking cavalry, what a bombshell!

Secondly, he's being completely misquoted: "That was the toughest five years, dealing with that band, just because of the obvious [Weiland]."  - ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You can't do that as a journalist, that's putting words in his mouth. Slash would never directly say "that was the toughest five years because of my lead singer Scott Weiland", he has too much class to say something like that. By inserting a word he never said into the article the "journalist" makes Slash seem like a complete dickhead. Though he may have been inferring that the Weiland debacle helped bring the group down (which everyone already knows anyway) he would never throw a bandmate past or present under the bus like that.

Sorry if I "come off as bitter", i just hate poor journalism, especially when it involves my 2 favorite musicians

His little additions to the article there have a name. It's called slander.
It's also highly looked down upon and will completely discredit you as a journalist by anyone who ever sees your article.
Nice dude..

P.S.
Sorry for the double post.
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 07:00:58 PM »
Sounds like poor Slash wants to be a Rockstar in '09 like Weiland.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!