September 24, 2024, 11:22:04 PM

Author Topic: Random STP mentions  (Read 112795 times)

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Random STP mentions
« Reply #630 on: March 01, 2018, 05:27:15 AM »
In a random online search for STP news, this article came up...
http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/queer-eye-recap-season-1-episode-7.html#comments

Basically, its a recap of an episode from the Netflix Series Queer Eye and mentions the subject of the show having an STP poster in his room. So I decided to check the episode out.

The shows is about 5 guys who basically help jump start a random guys life (fashion, health, confidence, etc). So this guy Joe lives at his parents house, and the episode starts with the 5 guys going through his bedroom.

He has a full size STP poster (I have to aswell, No.4 Era) on his wall, along with a collage of black and white photos of the band by his door, a full color SLDD album cover poster above his green bay packers banner, and I believe another photo of the band sitting on the grass.

Anyway, was kinda cool to see. There was no other band posters or photos present, so I'm guessing he is a diehard fan. If anyone is interested in seeing it and has Netflix, its called Queer Eye and is season 1 episode 7, Below Average Joe.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 01, 2018, 04:34:02 PM »

Basically, its a recap of an episode from the Netflix Series Queer Eye and mentions the subject of the show having an STP poster in his room. So I decided to check the episode out.

The shows is about 5 guys who basically help jump start a random guys life (fashion, health, confidence, etc). So this guy Joe lives at his parents house, and the episode starts with the 5 guys going through his bedroom.

He has a full size STP poster (I have to aswell, No.4 Era) on his wall, along with a collage of black and white photos of the band by his door, a full color SLDD album cover poster above his green bay packers banner, and I believe another photo of the band sitting on the grass.

Anyway, was kinda cool to see. There was no other band posters or photos present, so I'm guessing he is a diehard fan. If anyone is interested in seeing it and has Netflix, its called Queer Eye and is season 1 episode 7, Below Average Joe.

And just like that, I'm going to watch my first episode of Queer Eye tonight haha
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 01, 2018, 04:50:39 PM »

And just like that, I'm going to watch my first episode of Queer Eye tonight haha

Right? I dunno, there is just something cool about seeing something like that on a tv series....Makes me wonder if the guy ever crossed paths with belowempty.com?

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #633 on: March 01, 2018, 08:18:16 PM »
Went to Menards and Home Depot on my lunch break. Heard 'Big Empty' at Menards and Linkin Park's 'Shadow of the Day' at Home Depot. On my drive to work this morning, I was listening to Happy in Galoshes.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 16, 2018, 06:13:05 AM »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 10, 2018, 06:16:46 PM »

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 10, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »
Crowe Temple Pilots?? Almost not really... http://ultimateclassicrock.com/chris-robinson-stone-temple-pilots-band/

Dean and Chris' kids used to go to school together.  Were just a year apart.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 11, 2018, 12:52:50 AM »
I would have loved to have seen this marriage. Even just a one off side project. The DeLeos would have had to cater their music to his vocal styling, but I think it would have been an awesome experiment.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 11, 2018, 02:59:25 PM »
Actually i believe Dean do a song with Chris??

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 11, 2018, 03:17:39 PM »
Found it. Wow, takes me back, think I got this off Napster or some site a hundred years ago lol

https://youtu.be/ic0szPTFinI

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #640 on: April 11, 2018, 03:19:37 PM »
Some band MGT covered Atlanta in honour of Scott

https://newnoisemagazine.com/video-premiere-mgt-atlanta-stone-temple-pilots-cover/

Cool cover. The singers vocals are very similar to the late Peter Steele of Type O Negative.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 16, 2018, 03:56:33 AM »

Found it. Wow, takes me back, think I got this off Napster or some site a hundred years ago lol

https://youtu.be/ic0szPTFinI

I didn't know Robert did this, MAYBE at some point I did. Good song. I have the New Earth Mud albums & just enjoy Chris Robinson (Rich too, of course).

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 13, 2018, 03:06:27 AM »
Not random mention but something a little freaky and cool.

Was stuck in traffic behind a bus the other day which had the bus route in the LED display, they assign them by colour, and the colour was Purple.  Took a while to notice it,  and the album is one of the first things that came to mind.  Then I notice a set of numbers stickered near the display of the route, and this is what freaked me out a bit, the number was 1394!?

I'll leave this for anyone who reads this to see what they come up with ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:14:05 AM by DankoJones »

littlelamb222

• my love is cool
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 13, 2018, 04:18:04 PM »
Not random mention but something a little freaky and cool.

Was stuck in traffic behind a bus the other day which had the bus route in the LED display, they assign them by colour, and the colour was Purple.  Took a while to notice it,  and the album is one of the first things that came to mind.  Then I notice a set of numbers stickered near the display of the route, and this is what freaked me out a bit, the number was 1394!?

I'll leave this for anyone who reads this to see what they come up with ;)

haha thats cute and funny.
as for the numbers i was thinking 1+3=4, 4 members in the band and the 94 is the year the album came out.
what really would have topped it off is if you were listening to purple ! ;D
"Where did Mary go... fluffy pillows... she swam away..." Ah shit!