September 25, 2024, 07:27:31 AM

Author Topic: Random STP mentions  (Read 112826 times)

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Random STP mentions
« Reply #525 on: March 14, 2013, 04:00:55 AM »
hell yeah man!!!! \m/

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 14, 2013, 04:10:49 AM »
Pitchfork is pathetic. They actually go back and change album ratings. They gave Is This It? a 4/10 when it was released and recently changed it to a 9 since it's turned into a classic. I think they did the same thing with Tiny Music actually. Those guys should timestamp all their reviews. Bunch of hacks.

I do agree that the Sound City album is a bit underwhelming. The documentary itself was great though.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 14, 2013, 04:20:19 AM »
I do agree that the Sound City album is a bit underwhelming.
So was Probot, Dave Grohl just doesn't do good collaborations
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 14, 2013, 04:46:55 AM »

Queens of the Stone Age? Them Crooked Vultures? Dave does some awesome collabs
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 14, 2013, 05:02:25 AM »

Queens of the Stone Age? Them Crooked Vultures? Dave does some awesome collabs
Sorry, let me rephrase that.

Probot sucked. Haha
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 14, 2013, 05:04:33 AM »
Time Slowing Down (the track that Pitchfork singled out as being a rejected STP song) is actually my favorite track so far. Has sort of a Pink Floyd crossed with Foo Fighters feel to it.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 26, 2013, 06:13:51 PM »
watching Sopranos and Down comes on during one scenes, for at least a good 30 secs, a nice surprise
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 29, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »
More of a lack thereof... Rolling Stone's 100 greatest debut albums... Core is not listed!  Damn shame
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 29, 2013, 06:12:13 PM »
More of a lack thereof... Rolling Stone's 100 greatest debut albums... Core is not listed!  Damn shame

Not a surprise.  STP was voted the worst new band by Rolling Stone back in '92.  Critics have always despised Core.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Don't ask me questions I don't need no alibis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 31, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
They are as bad as the rock and roll hall of fame. I'd like to see that list.....i'm sure there are some turds on there in comparison. Core is a classic, we all know this.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 31, 2013, 09:45:59 PM »
They are as bad as the rock and roll hall of fame. I'd like to see that list.....i'm sure there are some turds on there in comparison. Core is a classic, we all know this.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-100-greatest-debut-albums-of-all-time-20130322
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Don't ask me questions I don't need no alibis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 01, 2013, 08:20:13 AM »
This list is laughable. Right off the bat just looking at 90-100 there are bands I haven't even heard of, and who the heck is M.I.A. - Arular at 91(for example). This album sold less then 200K copies and barely cracked the US Billboard 200 chart. Core was #3 on Billboards 200 chart and was certified 8X Platinum. I guarantee there are many more that we can agree should be dropped off the list so Core can go in it, but for starters I don't see any reason why this one makes it and Core does not. STP aside there are tons of bands that don't make this list that should. I don't think Rolling Stone is all that credible. No surprise as someone mentioned, RS pissed on Core when it came out.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 03, 2013, 01:29:18 PM »
Tail between legs: 27 solo albums that sent musicians scurrying back to their main bands

19. Scott Weiland, 12 Bar Blues (1998)
20. Talk Show, Talk Show (1997)
With Scott Weiland’s “personal problems” (he personally loved to do lots of drugs) screwing things up for Stone Temple Pilots, he and his bandmates took a break from each other in the late ’90s. Weiland tried to get a little arty with 12 Bar Blues, which some critics really liked—maybe for the fact that it didn’t sound much like STP. Meanwhile, his bandmates got themselves a new singer and called themselves Talk Show, but nobody listened to their self-titled debut. Lack of success sent the singer and his band hurtling back together for a while, which would happen a couple more times throughout the years. They’re like the horrible couple that can’t seem to quit each other; right now they’re splitsville, but when the big offers come in, they’ll fall in love again.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/tail-between-legs-27-solo-albums-that-sent-musicia,96000/2/
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 11, 2013, 07:12:42 PM »
Tail between legs: 27 solo albums that sent musicians scurrying back to their main bands

19. Scott Weiland, 12 Bar Blues (1998)
20. Talk Show, Talk Show (1997)
With Scott Weiland’s “personal problems” (he personally loved to do lots of drugs) screwing things up for Stone Temple Pilots, he and his bandmates took a break from each other in the late ’90s. Weiland tried to get a little arty with 12 Bar Blues, which some critics really liked—maybe for the fact that it didn’t sound much like STP. Meanwhile, his bandmates got themselves a new singer and called themselves Talk Show, but nobody listened to their self-titled debut. Lack of success sent the singer and his band hurtling back together for a while, which would happen a couple more times throughout the years. They’re like the horrible couple that can’t seem to quit each other; right now they’re splitsville, but when the big offers come in, they’ll fall in love again.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/tail-between-legs-27-solo-albums-that-sent-musicia,96000/2/
HA I liked that last part

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #539 on: May 03, 2013, 12:04:16 AM »
I asked Eddie Trunk in his website about having bands from the grunge scene such as Alice In Chains, Soundgarden or the Deleo brothers and Weiland on
That Metal Show. He said all of them have been asked. I assume they have said no.
Seems like you left me when you broke down