September 25, 2024, 01:28:36 PM

Author Topic: Random STP mentions  (Read 112860 times)

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Random STP mentions
« Reply #450 on: August 10, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »
hahah oh whoops go figure.  :P

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 15, 2012, 04:41:22 AM »
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-songs-internet-thinks-are-by-wrong-artist_p2/

It starts badly, but you gotta love the "How did this happen" paragraph ;)

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Don't ask me questions I don't need no alibis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 15, 2012, 07:07:07 AM »
Back to the airbrushed guitar. It is less then a piece of shit, a complete no name....made in China for 10 bucks I am sure. The artwork is not great either, even though it says it is done by one of the nations leading artists.
You know both the guitar and the artist are crap when they don't mention names.
If you go to the companies website it is now selling for 799.00.
Clearly you would have to be a huge Weiland fan to pick this up, all you are paying for is his signature.
Then again I can't talk, I dumped some cash on Chris Brodericks personal guitar, but at least he signed it, it was his Custom Ibanez, and he recorded a Megadeth album with it, and the guitar is pictured in the CD sleeve.....so that all makes it something special.
I'd rather see him sign a real Fender Strat, but then again he is not a guitar player so i'm not really into it anyway. It's like Scott signing a drum head or Eric signing a Bass.....doesn't make sense to me. Hell have him sign a Samurai sword like Randy Jackson did, that would be cooler.

Veesk

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 15, 2012, 11:11:26 AM »
There is also this signed airbrushed guitars.

check this one out
http://www.amazon.com/Temple-Pilots-Autographed-Weiland-Airbrushed/dp/B0085AZFPC/ref=sr_1_137?ie=UTF8&qid=1343938793&sr=8-137&keywords=scott+weiland

And there is another of a VR era

That is an insanely cool guitar, however I have serious doubts that they'll find anyone to drop a thousand dollars on it.

For a start it doesn't say what the guitar is. Clearly a Strat copy of some description. The brand is the Autograph company's. I strongly suspect it is a $100 piece of shit that has a fancy airbrushing on it...

For $1000 dollars you'd expect a pretty damn good guitar, since a Scott Weiland autograph, or an airbrush picture of him really isn't worth very much in its own right. Say $100. I'd still expect a $900 guitar to make it worth the money.
Yeah it's not going to be a good guitar because honestly if anyone bought that they would never play it.  That's why I don't quite understand this iterm.  An airbrushed photo with an autograph would be much easier to market.  Still cool nonetheless

It's a Squier, you can see the logo on the headstock if you look at the large photo. So for me, not worth the money, but a fun thing nonetheless

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 15, 2012, 04:28:23 PM »
I thought that too...I zoomed in and it looked similar to saying Squire but something else....like it was a copy of a Fender Squire Bullet. If it were that , that would be the best case scenario of a cheap guitar. They are actually pretty good for the money ($150ish) if your a beginner. I still hate to see big names mass produce their signatures on less than desirable stuff, but it is what it is.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 16, 2012, 03:16:44 AM »
On Monday August 13th, 660AM radio's Boomer and Carton in the morning had Sex Type Thing playing while they came out of a commerical break... problem was that Carton identified it as an old Van Halen song and NOT our boys.
adhesive love

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 17, 2012, 02:37:50 PM »
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2012/08/chris_george_of_fang_island_it.php

You've opened a couple of times for the Flaming Lips. How was that experience?
  It was a dream come true. Those guys are inspirational to us. And the crowd was nice as well. Much better than when we opened for Stone Temple Pilots. Those crowds were a little difficult to win over, but that was a cool tour, as we got to play first and there was a buffet set up for us. We got anything we wanted to eat or drink. That band had so many guitars and techs. It was a very plush tour experience. We were real spoiled. This time around we get sandwiches.

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 17, 2012, 10:27:59 PM »
There is also this signed airbrushed guitars.

check this one out
http://www.amazon.com/Temple-Pilots-Autographed-Weiland-Airbrushed/dp/B0085AZFPC/ref=sr_1_137?ie=UTF8&qid=1343938793&sr=8-137&keywords=scott+weiland

And there is another of a VR era

That is an insanely cool guitar, however I have serious doubts that they'll find anyone to drop a thousand dollars on it.

For a start it doesn't say what the guitar is. Clearly a Strat copy of some description. The brand is the Autograph company's. I strongly suspect it is a $100 piece of shit that has a fancy airbrushing on it...

For $1000 dollars you'd expect a pretty damn good guitar, since a Scott Weiland autograph, or an airbrush picture of him really isn't worth very much in its own right. Say $100. I'd still expect a $900 guitar to make it worth the money.
Squier Stratocaster, it's the official cheap-ass version of Fender.
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 17, 2012, 10:37:55 PM »
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 17, 2012, 10:56:07 PM »
I emailed the company that sells the guitars last week about the make and they finally got back to me.
Their response is that it is an "Autograph Pros Signature Edition guitar" (whatever that is).
I think someone earlier in the thread made mention to that also.
I didn't think it was the Squire although it looks like thats what it says.
Back to it being a mass produced $10 POS made in China.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 18, 2012, 01:48:46 AM »
It's a Squier Bullet. $129. Not quite as nice as the Yamaha PAC012 guitars that you can get for $179, but alright for a beginner. But anytime you walk into these autograph stores, the autograph is almost always on a Squier Fender. It makes sense.

If you're just displaying the guitar, no reason for it to be a nice guitar that SHOULD be played. And upping it to, say, and Fender Standard Stratocaster that sells for $499 wouldn't sufficiently up the value of the autograph, and to price it accordingly would push it beyond its market value. Hence, you pay for about the cheapest "name" guitar you can get.

Wouldn't be surprised if Autograph Pros is a Fender Dealer, which means they get the guitars at around 50+15% or 50+20% off retail ($80-$85 wholesale) OR that Fender gets a kickback for giving it to them at a discount if they aren't a dealer.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:52:23 AM by lovemachine97 »

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #462 on: August 18, 2012, 04:00:32 AM »
http://www.gjsentinel.com/entertainment/articles/theory-of-a-deadman-ready-for-gj
Theory of a Deadman cites STP as an influence

Funny. I hear Nickelback WAY more then ANY of their influences.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 19, 2012, 10:52:27 PM »
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aerosmith-russ-irwin-new-album-life-on-road-rock-legends/

Aerosmith keyboard player talks about knowing Dean and Robert.

Dean DeLeo is a monster guitar player and he features on a couple of tracks on this album. How did you come to know Dean?

Dean was in a band that opened up for Aerosmith many years ago called Talk Show. I was a fan of Stone Temple Pilots, but when I really got to meet them and hang out with them and realize what incredible musicians they were, I really took to them. I started going back and listening to their records again and then I really understood on a much deeper level, what sophisticated and amazing musicians they were and they became really one of my favorite bands ever.

Dean and Robert [DeLeo] are just incredible. Robert's one of the best bass players in rock ever and I think Dean is one of the best guitar players in rock ever, period. I can't speak highly enough about them. To have Dean on the record, it's just amazing.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 19, 2012, 11:13:27 PM »
I love it when other musicians talk about Dean and Robert like that, thanks so much for sharing it! :)

This is not really a random mention, but more of an article about STP (mostly about Scott and religion), but it's kind of strange so I didn't know where to post it...here it goes:

http://www.mbird.com/2012/08/be-not-afraid-ye-stone-temple-weilands/