September 27, 2024, 12:18:37 AM

Author Topic: Random STP mentions  (Read 113040 times)

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Random STP mentions
« Reply #300 on: February 21, 2012, 12:52:57 AM »
This was a minor Scott reference. Today I was listening to the Michael Kay Show on 1050 ESPN radio (NYC). Michael Kay and Don La Greca were arguing about this guy named Ed Weiland who is a FedEx delivery-man that claims he predicted Jeremy Lin's superstardom (Lin-sanity!). Don doesn't like how Ed comes out of nowhere to make this claim and sarcastically asks Michael who Ed Weiland even is; insinuating that he's a nobody). In the background you hear Joey Salvia say, "He's Scott's brother." Michael and Don don't pay any mind to it and just keep arguing. Joey is the sound engineer for the show, but he is also a musician. I thought it was funny.
adhesive love

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 21, 2012, 04:26:48 AM »
Last Saturday I went with some friends to this bar that has band themed nights, it was "Foo Fighters + Weezer" night and it was mostly their music being played and videos being showed on screens...and then out of nowhere they played the Sex Type Thing video! I was really happy about that ;)

They also did a "Foo Fighters + STP" special last month, that was really cool ^^
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2012, 04:39:52 PM »
http://www.spin.com/articles/kurt-cobain-would-have-turned-45-today

Dave Matthews, Billy Corgan, Noel Gallagher, and Scott Weiland will all   turn 45 this year. Kurt Cobain would have joined them today had he not   sadly joined a more morbid club on April 5, 1994.

Also, I just went downstairs (I live in an appartment building) to open the door for a friend who came to visit, and I run into one of my neighbors coming out...and he was wearing an STP t-shirt! I would have said something to him but he was with another person and I didn't react fast enough...but it was cool to know that someone else in my building likes them!  ;D

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 21, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »

Dave Matthews, Billy Corgan, Noel Gallagher, and Scott Weiland will all   turn 45 this year. Kurt Cobain would have joined them today had he not   sadly joined a more morbid club on April 5, 1994.

Also, I just went downstairs (I live in an appartment building) to open the door for a friend who came to visit, and I run into one of my neighbors coming out...and he was wearing an STP t-shirt! I would have said something to him but he was with another person and I didn't react fast enough...but it was cool to know that someone else in my building likes them!  ;D

My mom told me a story where found a dude wearing an STP shirt and told him how cool it was that he liked STP.  And he replied, "the motor oil?".
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'll breathe your life, Vick's Vapor life
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 21, 2012, 06:34:57 PM »

My mom told me a story where found a dude wearing an STP shirt and told him how cool it was that he liked STP.  And he replied, "the motor oil?".

Had the exact same experience with a photographer at a show. After we finished tore down, I complimented him on his shirt and he said, yeah I love vintage stuff, even motor oil.
You'll never lose it cuz you never had it

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 21, 2012, 10:04:19 PM »
http://http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/blogs/blog-on-the-tracks/6451017/The-best-compilation-album-I-ve-ever-owned
an arty about a grunge compilation album

"What a setup. Sick of Stone Temple Pilots? Works well following Babes in Toyland. Same with Smashing Pumpkins: something (slightly) mellow between the Pilots and Butthole Surfers."
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2012, 03:42:01 AM »

Had the exact same experience with a photographer at a show. After we finished tore down, I complimented him on his shirt and he said, yeah I love vintage stuff, even motor oil.

I was afraid of that also, that he didn't know what he was wearing because it was a white t-shirt with the motor oil logo...so I tried to see his back and I saw a brand on it, I googled it and it's a website that makes Rock t-shirts here....so I'm guessing he actually knew what he was wearing xD (Also, we don't have that motor oil here, so...)

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 29, 2012, 02:24:26 PM »
http://siouxcityjournal.com/special-section/siouxland_life/home/tyson-dressing-rooms-fit-the-needs-of-the-performers/article_28dcf732-8514-587b-a91c-16dd48c957d4.html

"When the Stone Temple Pilots were here, lead singer Scott  Weiland, was in rehab," Newton said. "There were strict orders to  have no alcohol and no tobacco anywhere in the backstage area."

-------------------------

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/140802873.html

Celebrity audition? Stone Temple Pilots guitarist Dean DeLeo called into 93.3 WMMR's Preston and Steve   show Monday to say that he's been learning to play drums and may enter   the station's Building the Band contest. DeLeo said he was in the area   visiting his girlfriend and happened to hear the show. We'll see if he   submits a tape for the contest, started by afternoon host Jaxon. For info, wmmr.com.
---------

Did anybody catch this or knows where we might hear it? ^^

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 02, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2012, 12:02:46 AM »
Cinnamon being played before the commercial break during the Heat Laker game!
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 05, 2012, 12:11:01 AM »
Cinnamon being played before the commercial break during the Heat Laker game!

Saw that too.... Maybe if they played Cinnamon in the locker room during half time we would have played better
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »
Not a mention, but I just found this:

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 06, 2012, 12:23:57 AM »
Not a mention, but I just found this:

I had never seen that photo before! Cute!

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'll breathe your life, Vick's Vapor life
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 07, 2012, 01:19:57 AM »
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stone+temple+pilots

The first and third definitions are just fantastic
You'll never lose it cuz you never had it