September 27, 2024, 02:27:18 PM

Author Topic: Random STP mentions  (Read 113175 times)

AFH

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stonedatpompeii/
Re: Josh Freese Tweets about Joining STP Onstage
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2010, 01:59:49 AM »

He may be a world-class drummer, but my opinion of that is now overshadowed by the fact he's a world-class douche nozzle.

I'm sure if the opportunity rises again, Josh Freese will not be joining the band on stage again.

I'm with you man, but honestly I think that Scott didn't even know that twitter shit, so maybe he could join the guys again one day, anyway that internet statement was totally unnecessary

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2010, 03:29:47 AM »
i think this "tweet" has just been completely misinterpreted...maybe im wrong, idk how twitter works exactly, not into it at all. but i DONT think it was a snub saying he enjoyed playing with "the deleos and kretz" while leaving weiland out as he doesnt play an instrument, he probably just meant on a jam basis. as far as the edit goes and the tweet "if you dont have anything nice to say..." i think he was referring to "tweet responses?" he got on that tweet where people were potentially bashing weiland or stp.

again, i dont know, i didnt see the original tweet or people's responses...i just think by saying what he said after his original tweet, he was directing it towards is followers who maybe said not such "nice things". i dont think he'd go out of his way to bash weiland like that

EDIT: nvm just read the original tweets...again tho, dont think it was a huge bash, he said he was being nice...honestly who cares?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:32:52 AM by Slither »
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2010, 03:45:37 AM »
uh did you read the first post of this thread?...he tweeted something not nice about Scott in announcing he jammed with STP, deleted his original tweet THEN tweeted about not having something nice to say.
However his original tweet was seen by his followers, hence their response tweets to him.

If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2010, 04:13:30 AM »
This is why they say 'never let the drummer talk'.   

Eric Kretz is great, I barely hear a peep from him.   ;D

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Sugar Ray formed in the late 80's in California and signed to Atlantic, so there is a chance there's some truth to these connections/homages/shout outs.

Wow, i'm the complete opposite, i'm digging the first and second album but I really don't like their change in style after that.
Same here. Lemonade & Brownies and Floored are great rock albums.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2010, 04:07:34 PM »
This is why they say 'never let the drummer talk'.   

Eric Kretz is great, I barely hear a peep from him.   ;D

LOL!!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2010, 08:07:51 PM »
did I pick up on a Richard Patrick slam in here? what does HE even have to do with this? lol

oh well, people slam Weiland everyday - some of its warranted, some of it isnt.
Lets move on.
-Dewey

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2010, 10:47:26 PM »
did I pick up on a Richard Patrick slam in here? what does HE even have to do with this? lol

Lets move on.

He has NOTHING to do with this. Someone's just fishing...

It's possible there's almost no animosity. Like someone said before, this could just be getting blown up more than it needs to be.
Back for another one

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Random STP mentions
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2010, 12:01:14 AM »
http://seekingalpha.com/article/220444-midterm-trade-suntech-power-holdings-heading-into-earnings

..."Therefore, we should take a look at Suntech Power Holdings (STP). While I would love the Stone Temple Pilots   to  be what we were investing in, solar may be even more exciting.   Suntech  is reporting earnings on Wednesday morning, and it may be the   most  undervalued solar company currently with a P/E at 15.5 while   industry is  near 17. The company has dropped almost 20% in the past   month, and it  has tons of upside moving into earnings."

ummm

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2010, 04:04:26 AM »
http://seekingalpha.com/article/220444-midterm-trade-suntech-power-holdings-heading-into-earnings

..."Therefore, we should take a look at Suntech Power Holdings (STP). While I would love the Stone Temple Pilots   to  be what we were investing in, solar may be even more exciting.   Suntech  is reporting earnings on Wednesday morning, and it may be the   most  undervalued solar company currently with a P/E at 15.5 while   industry is  near 17. The company has dropped almost 20% in the past   month, and it  has tons of upside moving into earnings."

ummm

hahaha totally random!
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2010, 07:06:10 PM »
Heres another randon entry

http://www.i4u.com/37961/asus-g73jh-a1-gaming-notebook-review

"To test the Asus G73Jh-A1 I will be using my iTunes encoding test, Battery Eater Pro, 3DMark Vantage, and my movie encoding test. For my iTunes encoding test, I take my MP3 Stone Temple Pilots Core Test album and encode it to AAC with iTunes. It took the Asus G73Jh-A1 1 minute and 32 seconds to encode the album, a fourth place finish overall for all machines I have tested."
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2010, 10:10:59 PM »
It is NOT cool for a artist to bad mouth (or tweet about) another artist they just shared a stage with. No matter WHO you are. It's called having a little class.
Josh Freese just showed he has none.

it shows absolutely no class at all.. to go and then bash somebody else.. when you cant say it to there face.. or cant say it near them..
sadly enough this world revolves around this and they love to do these things.. and with all these "Social Sites" its much easier to see these non class artists bashing each other..
i think John mayer is a great example as a asshole seen through his twitter posts
" I have to return some video tapes "

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2010, 10:13:01 PM »

Lets move on.

i will literary slap anybody that slams Richard Patrick in the face..

I LOVE PATRICK!
" I have to return some video tapes "

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
STP gets some love from a big sports celeb tonight.
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2010, 04:49:16 AM »
Serena Williams was at the STP show tonight. She Tweeted a few times during it. She said she was at the show and it was the best concert she has seen since Green Day. A lot of her followers have retweeted her STP love and what do you know? Word travels fast. I am not sure how many followers she has but STP was showing up on Tweet Deck quite a bit because of her support. It is pretty cool that she is into STP. This was some good publicity for the band tonight. There were a lot of tweets claiming that tonights show was fantastic.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP gets some love from a big sports celeb tonight.
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2010, 06:26:28 AM »
haha wow thats cool but so random
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007