September 24, 2024, 11:27:48 PM

Author Topic: Random STP mentions  (Read 112799 times)

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Random STP mentions
« Reply #600 on: March 28, 2016, 10:02:17 AM »
Someone posted a photo of Scott in mirrored shades that's currently on the front page of Reddit. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/4c6ydp/a_photo_i_took_of_scott_weiland_last_year/

Looked like a Rolling Rock show pic, but OP says it's from last year.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 28, 2016, 09:26:28 PM »
looks like it's from rock on the range

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO79961aVO8

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 16, 2016, 06:11:24 AM »
Could be reading into this one a bit, but the new Chili Peppers song "Death of a Samurai" has the lyric "Found you dead on a tour bus. Tabloids made bit of a fuss". Reference to Scott?

Someone else on a Chili Peppers board brought it up and I thought I'd bring it here.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 16, 2016, 07:00:06 AM »
Could be reading into this one a bit, but the new Chili Peppers song "Death of a Samurai" has the lyric "Found you dead on a tour bus. Tabloids made bit of a fuss". Reference to Scott?

Someone else on a Chili Peppers board brought it up and I thought I'd bring it here.

could be, they toured together in 2000. Anthony is doing a Q&A on FB this morning (I think at 9am). Hopefully someone will ask him.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 16, 2016, 08:23:27 AM »
^^^ I see that lyric being about Scott whether he admitted it or not. Anthony has mentioned a different line or two towards Cobain I believe... Californiacation is the main one, I thought maybe I had caught another one at some point... either way, it doesn't surprise me to have a line like that show up in a RHCP song since Scott and Anthony's circle of friends seemed to overlap at times. According to Mary's book, I recall a gathering or two for a birthday or something where both RHCP and STP guys were together.

I love that band though. I'm really glad they're out there doing their thing with a new album in 2016. There is just something very authentic about the Chili Peppers and Anthony, although different styles than STP... it reminds me of the authenticity I have gotten from STP and Scott over the years.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 16, 2016, 08:35:08 AM »
I thought maybe I had caught another one at some point...

tearjerker on one hot minute is about kurt

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 16, 2016, 01:57:33 PM »
Really sick of the RHCP.

Everything they do sounds like a variation of something off Californication.

I don't know what Anthony Keidis meant by that line if he was talking about Scott Weiland, but I feel he is not one to talk about people and their addictions.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 16, 2016, 03:43:35 PM »
I don't know what Anthony Keidis meant by that line if he was talking about Scott Weiland, but I feel he is not one to talk about people and their addictions.

Didn't strike me as a disrespectful jab to Scott, especially considering they were friends in the early '00s.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 16, 2016, 04:23:44 PM »

Didn't strike me as a disrespectful jab to Scott, especially considering they were friends in the early '00s.

Yea, I probably just read it wrong.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 17, 2016, 06:50:06 AM »
If anything, Scott's death probably hits real close to home for Anthony what with his personal addictions and loss of close friends to drugs....

Bleeda blooda

DrLymphNode

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 26, 2016, 08:31:36 PM »
The "Generic 90's Grunge Song" on S2 of Bojack Horseman sort of sounds like Plush

https://youtu.be/wlfK51tN-xo

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53:34 PM »

Hollywood Vampires kick down a short riff introducing Robert they play a smidgeon of " Sex Type Thing"

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 09, 2017, 03:19:38 AM »
Was watching "Pawn Stars". They had Phil Collen on verifying a guitar was his (Robert connection). When Rick was telling the others about how Phil was there they said they weren't familiar with Def Leppard. Chumlee mentioned bands he liked, he actually said Stone Temple Pilots. Double connection.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 12, 2017, 03:06:17 AM »
The Blue Angels (US Navy flight demo team) are using Sex Type Thing this year in their demo. I think they're using it for the "I wanna get next to you / I said I wanna get close to you" lyrics. They're also using Slither. The music that appeared in the 2016 season was likely picked before Scott's death. There must be a fan on the team.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 13, 2017, 06:36:28 AM »
The Blue Angels (US Navy flight demo team) are using Sex Type Thing this year in their demo. I think they're using it for the "I wanna get next to you / I said I wanna get close to you" lyrics. They're also using Slither. The music that appeared in the 2016 season was likely picked before Scott's death. There must be a fan on the team.

Any videos? Buncha crazy, crazy-talented mofos, would be cool to see.
Bleeda blooda