September 25, 2024, 07:13:18 PM

Author Topic: Random STP mentions  (Read 112901 times)

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
Re: Random STP mentions
« Reply #360 on: April 03, 2012, 03:16:13 AM »
http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/10883/lusting-for-heroin-living-in-excess/

The paradigm shifted from making music, writing poetry and actually being productive to watching Basketball Diaries and Trainspotting, listening to Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots.
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 03, 2012, 05:03:25 AM »
http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/10883/lusting-for-heroin-living-in-excess/

The paradigm shifted from making music, writing poetry and actually being productive to watching Basketball Diaries and Trainspotting, listening to Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots.

Fuck that dude.  I'm tired of them getting shitted on.  I don't even read most of the stuff posted on STP on my Google alerts anymore.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 05, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »
STP #1 on a list of grunge poseurs
 http://www.timescolonist.com/entertainment/Post+grunge+poseurs+Nirvanawannabees/6402312/story.html

and this:
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2012/mar/28/blurt1-fatty-freelunch/

"While in Daddy Long Legs, Freelunch opened for Mighty Joe Young (later Stone Temple Pilots) in 1990.
#“I loved the way Scott Weiland danced,” she recalls of that show at the now-defunct Bodie’s in the Gaslamp. “He asked me to go up onstage with him and dance with him on ‘I Call My Baby Pussy,’ by George Clinton."

and this(an interview with Theory of a Deadman) guitarist:
http://www.examiner.com/live-music-in-st-louis/interview-with-dave-brenner-from-theory-of-a-deadman

Patrick: I think the music you guys produce is great! I get the sense that you guys are influenced by Stone temple pilots. Am I right?
Dave: Absolutely! You hit it right on the nail really. STP was a great band and still is a great band. I always thought Tyler had that Scott Weiland feel to his vocals. It’s cool to hear that! Sometimes we are compared to Nickeback and other bands and when I listen to their music and just don’t hear it. It’s cool to hear an educated comparison like that

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:43:12 PM by DankoJones »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 05, 2012, 03:54:57 PM »
Not so much a mention but I had a totally random encounter with someone.  I was at the dining hall at my school and go up to get some food from the counter, and the girl says "hey I like your shirt".  I look down and see that it's my STP motor oil logo shirt.  So not being sure I ask her "You like the band?"  to which she responds "I love Stone Temple Pilots! One of my favorite bands"  So I'm ecstatic and we sit there and talk about them for a while, with her asking me my favorite album and so on.  The kicker is, that she turned out to be a friend of the girl I just started dating recently! My girlfriend must have good taste in friends!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 05, 2012, 04:05:16 PM »
Looks like you have two gfs now ;)
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 08, 2012, 01:49:21 AM »
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 11, 2012, 06:02:07 PM »
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Douche%20Cake

A douchebag would be someone like Tiger Woods, Bono or any of the members of Stone Temple Pilot. A Douche Cake would be someone like Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, Arnold Swarzenegger, or any of the members of Hootie and the Blowfish. 

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 11, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »
That isn't even clever...
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 12, 2012, 03:59:14 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-axl-weiland-ph,0,6744855.photo

In 2006, when Scott Weiland and Slash were in the midst of their Velvet   Revolver collaboration, Weiland became a target of Axl Rose's ire. After   filing a lawsuit against Slash, Rose released a missive that knocked   Weiland, as well as his former bandmates.

Weiland didn't take it lying down. MTV reported that in a posting on   Velvet Revolver's website, Weiland  wrote that Rose had an  "unoriginal,   uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates   to write melodies and lyrics -- who's the fraud now?"

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #370 on: April 12, 2012, 08:32:38 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-axl-weiland-ph,0,6744855.photo

In 2006, when Scott Weiland and Slash were in the midst of their Velvet   Revolver collaboration, Weiland became a target of Axl Rose's ire. After   filing a lawsuit against Slash, Rose released a missive that knocked   Weiland, as well as his former bandmates.

Weiland didn't take it lying down. MTV reported that in a posting on   Velvet Revolver's website, Weiland  wrote that Rose had an  "unoriginal,   uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates   to write melodies and lyrics -- who's the fraud now?"

When i first read this a while ago, i thought "it sucks that 2 of your favorite frontmen and singers make this comments about each other"

But then Scott left VR and made some possitive comments about Axl... and somehow, it gave me some peace of mind lol
Seems like you left me when you broke down

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 14, 2012, 05:54:48 AM »
Lol some guy on the PJ boards started a topic saying VR should recruit "Duncan Coutts" to sing. I know he's not well known and its pretty cool that the guy even knew about Talk Show and his last name but that made me laugh just cause I'm such a big fan.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 15, 2012, 03:40:58 AM »
Lol some guy on the PJ boards started a topic saying VR should recruit "Duncan Coutts" to sing. I know he's not well known and its pretty cool that the guy even knew about Talk Show and his last name but that made me laugh just cause I'm such a big fan.
Coutts as a VR singer,Might be Interesting Now that I think of it

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'll breathe your life, Vick's Vapor life
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 15, 2012, 05:56:19 AM »
Coutts as a VR singer,Might be Interesting Now that I think of it

I'd almost be happy to see that, just to see Davie out there again. Now he has a wife and kids and a real job:/ he's still recording music for himself though.
You'll never lose it cuz you never had it

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 16, 2012, 01:52:23 PM »
Podcast with Duff McKagan

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/tag/_/name/scott-weiland

- (16:30): After playing in bands fronted by Axl Rose, Scott Weiland, and Perry Ferrell, it's safe to say McKagan is incapable of being thrown for a loop by a lead singer. 

I have no idea what he says because I can't listen to it here at work...