September 27, 2024, 12:15:56 AM

Author Topic: Random STP mentions  (Read 113038 times)

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
Re: Random STP mentions
« Reply #270 on: January 10, 2012, 12:33:19 AM »
Hahahahaha, that was funny! And a little weird too... xD

I've never heard the interview with Scott where he makes those claims, if anybody knows where to find it I'd really appreciate it, I'd love to hear it!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:42:56 AM by Manxita »
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 10, 2012, 01:41:00 AM »

I've never heard the interview with Scott where he makes those claims, if anybody knows where to find it I'd really appreciate it, I'd love to hear it!

Damn, that is funny!  I wonder if Stern is just blowing smoke?  Doesn't sound like Scott, lol.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 10, 2012, 02:30:11 AM »

Damn, that is funny!  I wonder if Stern is just blowing smoke?  Doesn't sound like Scott, lol.
Yeah Right after I heard it I started looking for it

I always Thought of RDJ as the Scott Weiland of Acting  and hearing that was just incredible so it was a Fun little Story for me

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 10, 2012, 04:04:56 AM »

This is not the first time I hear this story, so I'm pretty sure it was Scott
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 10, 2012, 04:51:51 AM »

Yeah, there's a video from Southern Tracks Studios where Dean and Scott were doing their radio tour before the No. 4 tour and Scott mentioned bumping into Downey in the showers.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 10, 2012, 04:52:43 AM »

Yeah, there's a video from Southern Tracks Studios where Dean and Scott were doing their radio tour before the No. 4 tour and Scott mentioned bumping into Downey in the showers.
I've definitely heard this.  I think the part about scott talking about their dicks is bs though
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2012, 04:06:37 PM »
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/article-24027837-paz-de-la-huerta-the-wildest-woman-in-hollywood.do

For the record she is currently single, having chucked her last   boyfriend - 'naming no names' - for being 'too selfish'. Also for the   record: yes, she dated sometime Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott   Weiland, some two decades her senior; but no, not when the grunge singer   was in the throes of heroin addiction. 'I don't know what he was in the   throes of. But I can't say it was the healthiest of relationships.'
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 13, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »
I saw an episode of a really old TV show called “My So-Called Life”  (don’t ask), and in it a dad was trying to bond with his 15-year-old daughter. He  asked her what kind of music she was listening to, and she said, “Stone Temple  Pilots.”

This cracked me up. It also surprised me, because based on the  hairstyles I thought the show probably originally aired sometime in the 80s. After  hearing the STP reference, I checked, and it was 1994. Hard to believe that in  the 90s people were running around with hair like that thinking it looked good.  And trust me, I was one of the biggest offenders (I have the pictures to prove  it). Just hand me a teasing comb and a can of hairspray, and I was good to go. Yikes.
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 15, 2012, 01:02:59 AM »
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/article-24027837-paz-de-la-huerta-the-wildest-woman-in-hollywood.do

For the record she is currently single, having chucked her last   boyfriend - 'naming no names' - for being 'too selfish'. Also for the   record: yes, she dated sometime Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott   Weiland, some two decades her senior; but no, not when the grunge singer   was in the throes of heroin addiction. 'I don't know what he was in the   throes of. But I can't say it was the healthiest of relationships.'

ugh "healthiest" for her...

"Stone Temple Pilots - Second Ascent"

Greg Boswell (belaying) and Will Sim on the second ascent of Stone Temple Pilots on The Shelter Stone. This eight-pitch route is generally acknowledged to be the most sustained winter route climbed in Scotland to date.

The whole article http://www.scottishwinter.com/?p=2305

I need to know why it was named Stone Temple Pilots

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 15, 2012, 02:57:40 AM »

Yeah, so do I! Being Scottish, I'm torn between pride and embarrassment at the moment because I've never heard of this - but I will find out and report back!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #280 on: January 15, 2012, 05:48:57 AM »
I saw an episode of a really old TV show called “My So-Called Life”  (don’t ask), and in it a dad was trying to bond with his 15-year-old daughter. He  asked her what kind of music she was listening to, and she said, “Stone Temple  Pilots.”

This cracked me up. It also surprised me, because based on the  hairstyles I thought the show probably originally aired sometime in the 80s. After  hearing the STP reference, I checked, and it was 1994. Hard to believe that in  the 90s people were running around with hair like that thinking it looked good.  And trust me, I was one of the biggest offenders (I have the pictures to prove  it). Just hand me a teasing comb and a can of hairspray, and I was good to go. Yikes.

I've noticed that hairstyles tend to cling on an extra five years or so going into the next decade. Not sure why.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 15, 2012, 06:28:37 AM »

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2012, 03:22:44 AM »

Yeah, so do I! Being Scottish, I'm torn between pride and embarrassment at the moment because I've never heard of this - but I will find out and report back!

Please, I'm so curious! I've made a quick search on google but nothing came out

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 17, 2012, 02:49:44 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvChQ04MOcA&ob=av3n

This band's biggest hit is actually a reference to Dumb Love

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors