September 27, 2024, 10:34:47 AM

Author Topic: Random STP mentions  (Read 113142 times)

TheOnlyRuss

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Random STP mentions
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2011, 04:23:12 AM »
They played "Take A Load Off" for two straight days on FSN Detroit leading into Tigers games.  But they lost those two games so hopefully it was banned.

I cannot believe I did not notice that.

Yup the last game against the Mariners and the first of this series, I don't think they played it tonight.  It was pretty long at least a minute of the song each time.

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2011, 04:48:48 AM »
The Rolling Stones' chorister sang Vasoline. Cool, ah?

For some reason this guy, Bernanrd Fowler (I barely know him btw), plays in Argentina quite often. He doesn't bring his band, he joins to local players. 
So last Tuesday they made Vasoline. The man on bass (Zorrito Von Quinteiro) was at the last STP concert here, just behind me while I was waiting to get in for the meet&greet ;D

http://entretenimiento.terra.com.ar/cine/el-corista-de-los-stones-canto-anoche-en-buenos-aires,b026f1757f79f210VgnVCM4000009bf154d0RCRD.html

Translation of the important fact
"Wild Horses" followed by "Vasoline" by Stone Temple Pilots, opening up the repertoire to music beyond the Rolling Stones

And video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpkT1co8GLw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

The band is fucking amazing.. Really, i loved it.
Idk about the singer... he did the job, but didnt seem to fit right
Seems like you left me when you broke down

MartyMcFly

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2011, 05:16:15 AM »
I'm watching the Cleveland Indians @ Oakland A's game and they just came back from a commercial break (Oak pitching change) and in the background I could hear they were playing over the loudspeakers "Piece of Pie." I'm not sure if it was the new pitcher's walkout song or if it was a song they had planned to play during breaks.

Pretty strange to hear an STP song at a sporting event let alone "Piece of Pie" of all songs.
You can hunt for the hunter...he's got no where to hide

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2011, 09:47:16 AM »
I'm watching the Cleveland Indians @ Oakland A's game and they just came back from a commercial break (Oak pitching change) and in the background I could hear they were playing over the loudspeakers "Piece of Pie." I'm not sure if it was the new pitcher's walkout song or if it was a song they had planned to play during breaks.

Pretty strange to hear an STP song at a sporting event let alone "Piece of Pie" of all songs.

Last A's game I went to they played Piece Of Pie. I think it might be a pitcher's warm up song or something. I was so stoked when I heard it, and earlier that day they played Between The Lines as well.
Bleeda blooda

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2011, 11:49:14 PM »
I probably posted this somewhere on BE before but at Ravens games "Vasoline" is one of the handful of songs they use for kickoffs and I think I've heard it at other NFL stadiums too (via TV)
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2011, 11:55:21 PM »
My local radio finally played something not on Core or Purple.  They played Down on Monday.  So I got risky and requested Piece of Pie this morning via telephone during 90's flashback at noon.  The lady said that she would see if she could find it after she said good choice.  Never played it  :-\ .  Not like I requested some obscure song off Tiny Music or Shangri or anything (they usually play heavy stuff on the Edge, so I tried playing my best card).  But I guess if it is not a part of the Big 5 from Core, it won't be played.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2011, 02:43:20 AM »
We had a guy out to the house today to give an estimate for new windows. Hubby walked him out and said that the guy saw my "STP Fan Parking Only" sign in the garage and said he "really digs" STP - to which hubby replied "I'm glad you didn't say that inside - she would have kept you here for hours talking about that". Haha
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

TheOnlyRuss

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2011, 06:06:31 PM »
More STP on FSN Detroit.  Take A Load Off Again.  Hopefully it doesn't jinx them.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2011, 09:09:13 PM »
The Top 10 MTV Unplugged Performances by Gibson.com

STP rank 7th with Big Empty
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/unplugged-0509-2011/
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2011, 09:46:26 PM »
"Stone Temple Pilots, in town performing at the Tower Theatre, stopped by the Philadelphia Zoo the other day for a behind-the-scenes look at the big cats."

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/121537569.html     

"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2011, 03:45:05 PM »
Heard STPs 'Dancing Days' as intro music on a talk radio show .. hmm
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2011, 06:22:41 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rLskaPyaH4

Dunno how many of u are into Seether but there is an influence-sy mention of STP on the first track of Seether's upcoming album 'Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray' as Shaun Morgan states in a round-up of all the songs offa dat album, might not sound anything like em, might sound in bits, but its too early to say anyway since the album's not out yet, but a mention nonetheless :P

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2011, 07:38:06 PM »

Dunno how many of u are into Seether but there is an influence-sy mention of STP on the first track of Seether's upcoming album 'Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray' as Shaun Morgan states in a round-up of all the songs offa dat album, might not sound anything like em, might sound in bits, but its too early to say anyway since the album's not out yet, but a mention nonetheless :P

Here is the song if you are interested.  I guess it does have a bit of STP to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhROPq0W0QE

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2011, 07:27:55 AM »

Here is the song if you are interested.  I guess it does have a bit of STP to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhROPq0W0QE

Listened to the studio version and yup it does have some STP-ish melodies and parts... :)