September 29, 2024, 08:35:21 PM

Author Topic: Mary Weiland releasing a book on Scott  (Read 51831 times)

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Weiland releasing a book on Scott
« Reply #360 on: February 19, 2010, 10:11:36 PM »
id just rather hear scotts life story obviously from him mary is not gonna know all of his story i garantee that, by the way isnt that desperation #5 book coming in april or something? scott said something bout the spring of this year that book should be done i hope anyway

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 05, 2010, 07:34:52 AM »
Just found a new interview with Mary on teh YouTubes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=567Wiy3LfcU

Fun fact: Lucy was conceived backstage before a concert in Denver.  :D
Bleeda blooda

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 05, 2010, 08:45:09 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Just found a new interview with Mary on teh YouTubes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=567Wiy3LfcU

Fun fact: Lucy was conceived backstage before a concert in Denver.  :D

nice...lol
If you only knew..

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Eijoo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 09, 2010, 12:36:07 AM »
thanks fer the link ;)
Songs are emotions in sonic form and I had a lot of emotions at the time. And each of those emotions inspires its own sound."- Scott Weiland on recording "12 Bar Blues" album

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 03, 2010, 06:35:26 AM »
Bleeda blooda

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 03, 2010, 08:21:55 AM »
Link to new interview with Mary:

http://www.popeater.com/2010/12/02/mary-forsberg-weiland-fall-to-pieces-scott/

im suprised shes still promoting the book... and those were some really personal questions that guy was asking her ... pretty cool how upfront about everything she seems to be.. in interviews and in the book
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 05, 2010, 05:35:41 AM »
Great book and interview.  Damn, $900.00 for 30 days of one medication, without insurance!!  That makes my $400.00 a month medicine seem cheap!!  She is right to appreciate her financial ability to get good treatment!  Help is not an option for too many people in the U.S.  That is a sad situation for such a wealthy country.
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #368 on: June 19, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »
Sorry to revive this thread, but i just finished reading her book (my aunt brought me both Scott and Mary books) and i wanted to give my review :)

So, first of all, its a matter of fact that Mary's book is a thousand times better than Scott's. Its not only longer, but well more written and doesnt seem to have this "fill in the blank" spaces. She wrote ALL she wanted to write. If she only had to say 50 pages, thats what she would have done. At least thats what i think from what i just read.

Its a very emotional book, and if you are actually focused on the read, you'll find the intensity in it. I did, and it was amazing. I wasnt aware of many things, and she tells the story pretty well.

The power ranger story made me laugh so hard! and some good pictures there too!..

It made me want to choke her when i read in the near end when she says something like "Well, who knows, i might find another true love in the future" and yeah, is true, she might find it. But after all she have been through with Scott and the kids.. it seems just unfair to support the idea of a broken family, with mom and dad living in separate places.

Now i can understand why is Scott still so shattered and hurted. But the story havent come to a very end yet.. there are some years to come by and what if they get back together?... Mary could realize how dumb she was for ending it. And Scott will receive her with open arms :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 10:57:06 AM by Unglued812 »
Seems like you left me when you broke down

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 20, 2011, 12:59:37 AM »
If Mary is happy/stable/clean and raising the kids in a good environment, may be she made the right decision for herself and the children. 

unglued24

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 20, 2011, 02:33:48 AM »
If Mary is happy/stable/clean and raising the kids in a good environment, may be she made the right decision for herself and the children. 

Can kids be raised in a good environment without their father? Children need to witness a committed relationship between their mother and father. Scotts not perfect but he loves Mary, loves their children, and he has a good heart. He wants to be a family but she is too selfish to do what's best for the kids.
"What is the truth? What is reality? Your truth, your knowledge, that becomes your truth, becomes the reality...figure it out for yourself..." Scott Weiland

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 20, 2011, 05:56:34 AM »

Can kids be raised in a good environment without their father?
Absolutely.  Is it tougher?  Of course.  But its not impossible by any stretch.

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #372 on: June 20, 2011, 06:02:20 AM »
Can kids be raised in a good environment without their father?
Absolutely.  Is it tougher?  Of course.  But its not impossible by any stretch.

Yeah, its true. But is not the proper way. A normal family is based on both mother and father raising the kids together. Not separately.

Mary was the one that wanted the divorce, we all know that Scott still loves her.
Seems like you left me when you broke down

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #373 on: June 20, 2011, 06:11:21 AM »
^ I have to disagree with you. An "ideal" situation involves a married mother and father - but many families don't fit this idea of the "ideal," nor should they have to.

My mother raised my sister and I alone after leaving an abusive man that was toxic to our family. I haven't had a relationship with my "father" in more than 15 years, and I don't ever care to start one. For her (and us!) it was a proper decision.

I also know a gay couple that is a wonderful family - both men are great Daddys to their little girl, and she is lucky to have them.

Family is only what you decide to make it - not necessarily what you are born into. I think Scott and Mary are able to raise their children just fine, despite the fact they are no longer married. A toxic environment is never a safe place to raise a child - and sometimes, love isn't enough to keep a family together.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 20, 2011, 03:00:42 PM »
^ I have to disagree with you. An "ideal" situation involves a married mother and father - but many families don't fit this idea of the "ideal," nor should they have to.

My mother raised my sister and I alone after leaving an abusive man that was toxic to our family. I haven't had a relationship with my "father" in more than 15 years, and I don't ever care to start one. For her (and us!) it was a proper decision.

I also know a gay couple that is a wonderful family - both men are great Daddys to their little girl, and she is lucky to have them.

Family is only what you decide to make it - not necessarily what you are born into. I think Scott and Mary are able to raise their children just fine, despite the fact they are no longer married. A toxic environment is never a safe place to raise a child - and sometimes, love isn't enough to keep a family together.

Agree

I believe in the traditional family for ME (man & woman committed to each other etc...) but I think as a society we are brainwashed into thinking that's how you have to properly raise a family. Plenty of committed man/woman relationships are terrible environments for some kids if their parents fight all the time, become abusive etc... In Scott & Mary's case, the issues they had were not healthy. The explosive fights are not safe for their kids to be around, or healthy for them to witness.

There's plenty of single parents out there that raise AMAZING kids. Ideal? Maybe not. But just because you're not born into a broken home, it doesn't mean you're going to turn out perfect. Similarly, just because you have a single parent it doesn't mean you'll turn out bad. There's a million different ways to raise a happy and well adjusted kid. As long as they learn good values, are loved, and not scarred by horrible experiences - it doesn't matter if they're raised by two parents (gay or straight), one parent, or animals (Tarzan turned out good!).