September 19, 2024, 11:15:37 PM

Author Topic: Mary Weiland releasing a book on Scott  (Read 51213 times)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Weiland releasing a book on Scott
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2009, 03:06:14 AM »
I don't think we should go so hard on her period i mean none of really know what happened and for those who care she at least has the right to defend herself but i think this book is gonna be about awareness rather than bashing.
If you only knew..

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2009, 03:44:55 AM »
I think the problem is she doesn't have Scott to rely on for income anymore, nor does she have the supermodel thing... she's getting up there in age and is past her prime. So if she's ever going to cash in it's going to be with this. I guess we'll have to decide as loyal Scott fans if we want to put $$ towards her cause. Who knows how much money she burned through via addiction. Scott still makes a pretty penny off STP royalties, solo stuff and whatever else. Who knows what her financial situation is like. The fact that she's doing all this and going by "Mary Weiland" tells me she's seeking out STP fans in her cash grabbing effort. My guess is finances are tight for her.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2009, 04:36:05 AM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
I think the problem is she doesn't have Scott to rely on for income anymore, nor does she have the supermodel thing... she's getting up there in age and is past her prime. So if she's ever going to cash in it's going to be with this. I guess we'll have to decide as loyal Scott fans if we want to put $$ towards her cause. Who knows how much money she burned through via addiction. Scott still makes a pretty penny off STP royalties, solo stuff and whatever else. Who knows what her financial situation is like. The fact that she's doing all this and going by "Mary Weiland" tells me she's seeking out STP fans in her cash grabbing effort. My guess is finances are tight for her.

People keep using references to Scott's songs in this thread, I like it. First there's the book called Fall To Pieces, then I said maybe she has to "do it for the kids" and then someone mentioned Matt Sorum's book "Get Out The Door" and then just now with Pretty Penny.

Who will think of what next?  :D
Bleeda blooda

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2009, 04:39:53 AM »
Well let's hope shes not a gravedancer but then again Scott's superhuman 8)  lol
If you only knew..

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2009, 05:54:30 AM »
Well, I hope she realizes her kids may someday read this...

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2009, 05:55:27 AM »
hahaha!!! you guys....

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2009, 03:36:42 PM »
who knows, maybe she won't throw Scott under the bus that much, and will take a lot of responsibility for some of the issues they had. They're both bi-polar bears so that can't make things easy. We'll have to wait in see if her story is consistent or if she gets lost in the shuffle of alibis.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2009, 05:04:08 PM »
Mary Weiland, the estranged wife of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS/ex-VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland, will publish her memoir, "Fall to Pieces", on October 27, 2009 via William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers. A description of the book reads as follows:

"A visceral, rollercoaster ride inside bipolar disorder, rock 'n' roll, celebrity culture, and the competitive world of modeling from a rock star wife and recovering drug addict

"On the surface, Mary Weiland had a fairy-tale life. She was a highly paid fashion model married to successful rock star Scott Weiland, the notorious frontman for STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and VELVET REVOLVER. Then came the rampage in a Burbank hotel room and the resulting media frenzy that revealed to the world her bipolar disorder and drug abuse.

"In 'Fall to Pieces', Weiland describes the extreme highs and lows of her life, the volatility of which long hinted at mental illness. Working with acclaimed journalist Larkin Warren, Weiland tells her story with refreshing candor, unflinching detail, and more than a little humor. Reminiscent of celebrity memoirs by Tatum O'Neill, Brooke Shields, and Valerie Bertinelli, Weiland's story offers a window into the world of modeling and rock 'n' roll celebrity while providing deep insights into a serious and misunderstood psychological disorder."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=121047
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2009, 07:14:24 PM »
Ok, on that Blabbermouth site. they always piss me off when it comes to Scott. Such assholes.

THIS is what someone posted!

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7112 ... ndbook.jpg

Assholes.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2009, 08:23:35 PM »
FUCK BLABBERMOUTH
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2009, 09:43:14 PM »
I never read the somments cuz they are all hateful bastards who actually are sad for just spending so much time hating on everyone. TOo much testerone filled dicksheads with nothign better to do.

I dunno why I even looked. I know better. They hate him over there. But yet they can't NOT write about him (they people who make the comments).

marie

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2009, 10:47:47 PM »
Scott has just posted this on Twitter:

'will be posting a response to the public outrage regarding Mary's "tell-all" book. When it's up I'll give you the link.'

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2009, 10:59:29 PM »
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2009, 11:32:39 PM »
Well that was a nice way of telling people to STFU and stop assuming...

Way to go Scott!!  ;)
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2009, 11:37:20 PM »
I wonder if that blog entry is about us, or if people elsewhere are talking about it too.
Bleeda blooda