September 29, 2024, 10:40:43 PM

Author Topic: Mary Weiland releasing a book on Scott  (Read 51835 times)

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Weiland releasing a book on Scott
« Reply #330 on: November 23, 2009, 05:23:52 PM »
Great interview.
I'll probably pick it up after I finish the the small pile of books I have to read.

deepdiscount.com has the book for $18.19 right now with free shipping.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 23, 2009, 06:42:25 PM »
Awesome job, Brett! I really enjoyed it!
adhesive love

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 23, 2009, 07:43:44 PM »
Great great stuff Brett!!! (it proves fans make better interviewers than actual journalists)

I think and I'm glad I don't have more reasons to bitch about, ("STFU"  :-[ ) and like to admit I was WRONG 'cause I really used to like her, the "cheating idea" must've changed it at some point... but now we know.

Even though I'm not buying the book yet, financial crisis  :P
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #333 on: November 23, 2009, 10:22:14 PM »
Quote from: "Shangri"
Great great stuff Brett!!! (it proves fans make better interviewers than actual journalists)

I think and I'm glad I don't have more reasons to bitch about, ("STFU"  :-[ ) and like to admit I was WRONG 'cause I really used to like her, the "cheating idea" must've changed it at some point... but now we know.

Even though I'm not buying the book yet, financial crisis  :P
I think the reason a lot of people were critical of Mary last year/earlier this year is we hadn't heard from her at all.  It was all Scott's side of the story (which as we know is not 100% reliable) and random information like the Facebook page and original October 27th release.  With the book actually coming out now and Mary doing interviews everything makes a lot more sense.

I've been interviewing people for 5 and a half years so I do actually have a lot of experience, my goal is to always have a unique interview.  Mary shot me this e-mail today:

"Wow! I'm blown away by everyones support. Thank you so much for allowing me to clear the air. Should you readers ever have any additional questions I'm always available to answer them. Your questions were great. Most people have the same stock questions and it was nice to answer real questions. I adore your site. The music you highlight played an enormous role in my life. Thank you again. Best of luck to you, Mary."

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 23, 2009, 10:28:41 PM »
That's awesome Brett. You really seem to have a knack for good interviewing...keep it up buddy
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 23, 2009, 10:46:15 PM »
I like how you slipped that documentary question in there... good man!
Back for another one

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 24, 2009, 12:44:28 AM »
Nobody likes to read negative statements made about them especially if it's all conjecture and not true no matter who you are, famous, infamous or no one at all.
I bet Mary is happy to clear the air with Brett's interview!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 25, 2009, 03:05:35 AM »
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=130956
she still listens to its so easy and it gives her the same feeling it did when she was a teen...wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that sex type thing was influenced by its so easy....
If you only knew..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 25, 2009, 03:18:44 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130956
she still listens to its so easy and it gives her the same feeling it did when she was a teen...wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that sex type thing was influenced by its so easy....

I love the first comment in that article:

"Well, last time I saw him on the STP tour in Vancouver a couple years ago he seemed completely sedated and out of it. Slurring words, speaking kinda' incoherently and not moving much around the stage..

What a showman!"

Really guy? You saw STP a few years ago in Vancouver? What sort of crazy, time-warp place is Vancouver? I thought it was in Canada?
Bleeda blooda

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 09, 2009, 11:32:56 PM »
"The Fangoria" interview with Mary Forsberg Weiland

http://www.fangoria.com/musick/intervie ... land-.html
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

HeavenandHotrods87

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 10, 2009, 07:55:04 PM »
Great interview..thanks!

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 20, 2009, 04:34:48 PM »
"Monsters & Critics" interview with Mary
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/peopl ... -to-Pieces

Do you miss being married to your first love, Scott, or have you eeked out a new plane for the two of you to exist on?

Mary Forsberg Weiland:  I never think of Scott as someone who was bad for me. He played an important part in helping me grow during adolescence and as an adult. This may be hard for someone on the outside to understand because we fell into drugs.
But I never regret our relationship because of the kids. I do miss him as a husband, but the relationship we have as friends and co-parents is amazing.  
Can we really find

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 20, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »
Uhhhh....I didn't even know this book dropped yet....I'm such a shame....lol....Hmmmm Well I guess I'll go get it sometime... Does everyone think the book is 100% true in what she writes...or?

Rock on party peeps!
-Chase

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 21, 2009, 09:35:08 PM »
Nice job on the interview, Brett.

I just started reading the book and am about halfway through.  I am really enjoying it so far.  Mary sounds very sweet and genuine.  I'm really happy that she wrote this book.
Sin make me strong.

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 21, 2009, 11:07:40 PM »
ArtistDirect interview with Mary
http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme ... nd/6424078

Small excerpt:

Is there a Stone Temple Plilots song that sums up Fall to Pieces?

The obvious song is "Black Again" from Shangri-La DEE DA. It's based on my depression, the things I was going through and how difficult it was for me to even get out of bed. That one's pretty obvious. Scott has a song called "Bi-Polar Bear," which is about his own struggle. For some reason, I really related to that song, and I related to that song prior to even having my own diagnosis. I could always understand that track. In connection with the struggles we had in our marriage, also from Shangri-La is a song called, "Hello, It's Late." It's a combination for me. I love that song, and it's so beautiful. At the same time, it's so sad. I still love it though. I listen to it a lot actually. It's just pretty, which sounds like an odd thing to say about an STP song, but it's pretty. I love that. It's so pleasing to the ear. That's my favorite album. I love all of their music, but that album stands out. It was done at a really sad time, but it's still my favorite.

Do you have a favorite Christmas song?

I do! Scott covered it one time. It's the song from the Charlie Brown Christmas—"Christmas Time Is Here." I loved his cover!
Can we really find