September 30, 2024, 12:23:59 AM

Author Topic: Mary Weiland releasing a book on Scott  (Read 51845 times)

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Weiland releasing a book on Scott
« Reply #300 on: November 16, 2009, 08:16:06 AM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
ok just finished the book.
I still think her story is fantastic. From everything she personally experienced with addiction and mental illness the one theme that shines through is her love for her children and her family. And even Scott.

But I will type the last "thank you" at the end of the book:

"Monkey, you've given me so much. I don't know if I could have made it without you and the kids. Thank you for your encouragement, praise, and understanding why I needed to write this book. This is part of our story, but the memories that only you and I share are the sweetest. You will always be my teenage boyfriend"

That is so sweet. It says a lot about both of them that they still respect and care for each other so much.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 16, 2009, 09:04:03 AM »
No one really asked her anything. So no news to report. She's doing a book signing tomorrow in L.A. though, if anyone's in the area.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 16, 2009, 01:54:55 PM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
I actually ended up getting this book for $13 off ebay. Haven't paid for it yet.

I said I didn't want to read it. But for the most part, it seems not a slam on Scott, which I was not wanting to read. So I figure it's safe to read. Or that I won't be pissed reading it. If I can get through it. I can't seem to finish a book to save my life.

Still would rather read his book.

She's on Love Lines right now... only 30 mintues in so far.
I returned my copy after flipping through it...I only read some of the scott parts, but for HER to write about them looking to score and stuff like that, I just felt I would rather hear it from his point of view and not what SHE was feeling, because honestly I really don't care.  I am glad that it is not Scott bashing, but I can't help but think what Doug tweeted the other day about everyone at softdrive hating her..there has to be a reason for that.  Plus I couldn't justify paying 30bucks LOL   maybe I will buy it when it is in some bargain bin =)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

NakedFountain

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 16, 2009, 02:00:11 PM »
^^Doug tweeted about that? Wow
I can drown your sorrow"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2009, 02:23:46 PM »
Quote from: "NakedFountain"
^^Doug tweeted about that? Wow

Hate is such an ugly word. They "aren't fans" of her.
Bleeda blooda

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 16, 2009, 02:28:10 PM »
When Peebs said she was going to the book signing he said:::

Um just an FYI- none of us over here are fans of this book or her :(
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

NakedFountain

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 16, 2009, 02:38:48 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"

Wow, I didn't know that. But Scott wrote that thing on his website about not wanting us to turn against her or anything. I find that a little weird when Doug says stuff like that
I can drown your sorrow"

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 16, 2009, 02:44:45 PM »
That why I think he only said that to take the high road.. WE fans were all freaking out at the begining because we thought she was gonna trash him and OMG she is using his name AND his song title..  I am guessing his publicist told him to say something....thats why I wonder how he really feels..ya know

NakedFountain

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 16, 2009, 02:50:31 PM »
Yeah, I see that now. I'm not done with the book yet but so far there is no trashing and I'm learning many new stuff about Scott.
Do you think his book is put on hold cause of this one? I hope not.
I can drown your sorrow"

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 16, 2009, 03:39:34 PM »
And Doug said that to ME with a @, not a public statement as a press release or even a RT. Those who follow both me and him on twitter could see that. If your not following me on twitter then you wouldn't of seen that. Doug respects my opinion and I respect his. That's how the world works folks.....

You all trashed something before you even saw anything from it, you all trashed it from conjecture, you all trashed it on blind faith.
So everything you thought and assumed was completely off base. She admits to her mistakes and that she's no angel.
But do all of you think HE is? Honestly. No one loves Scott as an artist more than I but seriously....he's no angel far from it and I am sure he was no bargain to live with. There are three sides to every story-her's, his and the truth. So since none of us here are privy to the third option....
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 16, 2009, 07:13:11 PM »
Last night I read what is available on harper collins web. I must admit I wanna read more, and I hated every time the chapter was cut off, but I also rather to read Scott's book first, it's not about her side/his side of the story thing, it's about I wanna read Scott's book first 'cause he's the one I care for. I know eventually I'll be buying it, maybe, but right now I don't feel like spending a lot of money on it (remember it's always much more expensive for me) 'cause it's not something I'd really appreciate.

In spite of Scott's statement, I still don't like the title and she using Weiland (but this is a cultural issue, here you don't see these things, so I must keep my mouth shut and handle it  ;D ) Those were the only things bothering me at first place, (and birthday date release, but that's old story) so I'm stick to my opinion. I never trashed her as person, 'cause that would be ridiculous. I was "afraid" about how she'd had written about Scott, knowing she did it respectfully, it's a relief.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #311 on: November 16, 2009, 09:37:15 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"

I'm a fan of her book.  It doesn't appear to have an agenda to me and it is very honest and she spends SEVERAL pages in the book talking about her own mistakes.  Obviously all books have some falsehoods, but this one seems pretty factual to me.  I get why Scott might not like it but hey, that's his deal.  The book was great to me.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 16, 2009, 11:33:52 PM »
And Doug said that to ME with a @, not a public statement as a press release or even a RT. Those who follow both me and him on twitter could see that. If your not following me on twitter then you wouldn't of seen that. Doug respects my opinion and I respect his. That's how the world works folks.....

You all trashed something before you even saw anything from it, you all trashed it from conjecture, you all trashed it on blind faith.
So everything you thought and assumed was completely off base. She admits to her mistakes and that she's no angel.
But do all of you think HE is? Honestly. No one loves Scott as an artist more than I but seriously....he's no angel far from it and I am sure he was no bargain to live with. There are three sides to every story-her's, his and the truth. So since none of us here are privy to the third option....

I was able to see it, but I'm pretty sure it was on Doug's actual Twitter, and not my Twitter feed. Once I got more than 5 people who post stuff regularly, I got over reading through a ton of pages of stuff that reads out like text messages and go to the actual page of the person who's twits(tweets?) I want to read. I apologize if you feels it's invasive or something.

I try to avoid going on that site because simple grammatical errors make me cry.
Bleeda blooda

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 17, 2009, 01:00:33 AM »

I wasn't not aware that no one could see his tweet...I knew you were private, but I thought anyone could see his tweet back and deduce what he was talking about.. Sorry about that!  I agree with everything you said...I preconcieved that the book was going to trash him and was mad she chose to use his name even though she had been forsberg to all of us for years, and the title pissed me off the most.  I agree that his side her side and the truth are all all different, but I (just me alone) don't care about her feelings about bipolar or doing drugs... I would LOVE to hear his thoughts =)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 17, 2009, 01:17:18 AM »
ok quick twitter tutorial  ;)  ;D
If you follow someone (even if they aren't following you) and they do RT @myscreenname blah blah...you can see that. Anyone following that person who did the RT can see it.
If they do just @myscreenname and your not following myscreenname then no it wouldn't show on your twitter page.
IF you go to someone's twitter page YES you can see who they @ at.
HOWEVER if your page is locked or "tweets are protected" (like mine) you can't see what the heck I tweet or to whom.
People who follow me (a few of you) and follow Doug would have seen it on your twitter feed (whatever that might be-tweetdeck, web, twirl, tweetie) like a conversation.

As for the grammar issue on twitter, sometimes you have to be crafty to get something in 140 characters! lol  :P The crap that annoys me are the people who post nothing but FML tweets. I feel like people think of twitter as a free form of therapy to people who really don't know you or really care.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)