September 30, 2024, 02:21:08 AM

Author Topic: Mary Weiland releasing a book on Scott  (Read 51846 times)

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Weiland releasing a book on Scott
« Reply #285 on: November 16, 2009, 12:36:02 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
I'm going to be interviewing Mary Weiland this week for GrungeReport.net.  Anybody have some good questions?  I obviously can't ask all of them because I can't do a 3 hour interview with her, but I'll pick out some good ones!  ;D

Maybe ask her how she is progressing on her desire to assist those with addiction struggles?

With all of the history that she and Scott share, does she keep the possibility of another reconcilliation between them open?

Which of Scott's songs, lyrically, does she like the most?
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 16, 2009, 12:39:09 AM »
Quote from: "VegasCrackerman"
I'm going to be interviewing Mary Weiland this week for GrungeReport.net.  Anybody have some good questions?  I obviously can't ask all of them because I can't do a 3 hour interview with her, but I'll pick out some good ones!  ;D

Maybe ask her how she is progressing on her desire to assist those with addiction struggles?

With all of the history that she and Scott share, does she keep the possibility of another reconcilliation between them open?

These are definitely good questions to ask.

Ask her if she's going to do more book signings! Because San Francisco really wants one. Actually it's probably just me.
Bleeda blooda

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 16, 2009, 12:44:31 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "VegasCrackerman"

These are definitely good questions to ask.

Ask her if she's going to do more book signings! Because San Francisco really wants one. Actually it's probably just me.

Favorite STP album? Haha  ;D

She better say Purple!!

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 16, 2009, 12:49:46 AM »
I dunno if this was posted but I guess it's an "about the author" on Harper Collins' site.

http://www.harpercollins.com/author/mic ... photoalbum

Here's questions Brett doesn't have to ask:

The artist(s) or musician(s) I draw inspiration from include...
Stevie Nicks, David Sedaris, Valentino.
If a movie were made of my life, I would be played by...
the fabulous result of a nationwide search.
The song title that best describes me is...
Mary Mary.
The fictional character who most resembles me is...
Amelia Bedelia.
The fictional character I most admire is...
O-Lan.
Bleeda blooda

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 16, 2009, 01:28:30 AM »
Brett I would definitely stray from too many Scott/STP/VR questions.
I was relieved when only one Scott question was asked at the book signing.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Strange-Content

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 16, 2009, 01:53:45 AM »
I just read some of it on HarperCollins and wow; it's much better than I thought it would be.
I'm going to have to order it from Amazon soon.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 16, 2009, 02:28:06 AM »
I've read to page 11 online on Harper Collins' site, and I already think Mary is way more awesome than I ever could have imagined. I hope I get a chance to meet her someday.
Bleeda blooda

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 16, 2009, 02:34:11 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
I dunno if this was posted but I guess it's an "about the author" on Harper Collins' site.

http://www.harpercollins.com/author/mic ... photoalbum

Here's questions Brett doesn't have to ask:

The artist(s) or musician(s) I draw inspiration from include...
Stevie Nicks, David Sedaris, Valentino.
If a movie were made of my life, I would be played by...
the fabulous result of a nationwide search.
The song title that best describes me is...
Mary Mary.
The fictional character who most resembles me is...
Amelia Bedelia.
The fictional character I most admire is...
O-Lan.

Finally I got how it works!! lol  :D

In case there's someone half slow as me, you should load the page several times to see all the answers  ;)

Question: Why did she name Fall to Pieces her book?
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 16, 2009, 03:19:07 AM »
ok just finished the book.
I still think her story is fantastic. From everything she personally experienced with addiction and mental illness the one theme that shines through is her love for her children and her family. And even Scott.

But I will type the last "thank you" at the end of the book:

"Monkey, you've given me so much. I don't know if I could have made it without you and the kids. Thank you for your encouragement, praise, and understanding why I needed to write this book. This is part of our story, but the memories that only you and I share are the sweetest. You will always be my teenage boyfriend"
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 16, 2009, 03:37:53 AM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
"Monkey, you've given me so much. I don't know if I could have made it without you and the kids. Thank you for your encouragement, praise, and understanding why I needed to write this book. This is part of our story, but the memories that only you and I share are the sweetest. You will always be my teenage boyfriend"

That is really sweet! I know he wrote a public response about her book, but I wonder what he Really thinks....
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Sledgehammers of Truth

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 16, 2009, 03:50:03 AM »
I just read the book this afternoon too.  I was really impressed with her and have nothing but positive feelings toward her.  I really wish her the best life possible for her and her children.  She's a real class act.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 16, 2009, 04:01:06 AM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"

That is really sweet! I know he wrote a public response about her book, but I wonder what he Really thinks....
You know what, she said at the signing that he really liked what he read, gave her a hug and a kiss and wished her luck. He made that blog saying that he fully supported her....so those two things are good enough for me.

But I will say this, her "dedication" or thank you to him and the fact she never once "bad mouthed" him in the book compared to what he said about her in the liner notes of HIG...apples and oranges. Like a typical man, he reacted without THINKING what he was saying and that his words can hurt. And his words did hurt her, she states that in the book. Hellloooo she is still the mother of his children. Think with the lump three feet above your ass. Once you say words, no amount of apology can take it back. It's here and it stings.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 16, 2009, 05:27:43 AM »
And all the people on here that were bashing her because they thought they were defending Scott lol so stupid.
If you only knew..

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 16, 2009, 07:23:09 AM »

But I will say this, her "dedication" or thank you to him and the fact she never once "bad mouthed" him in the book compared to what he said about her in the liner notes of HIG...apples and oranges. Like a typical man, he reacted without THINKING what he was saying and that his words can hurt. And his words did hurt her, she states that in the book. Hellloooo she is still the mother of his children. Think with the lump three feet above your ass. Once you say words, no amount of apology can take it back. It's here and it stings.

Well, thats songwriting for you. It's just snapshot of someones feelings or thoughts at a certain time. If you go around worrying about hurting someones feelings over a song, I bet we'd be missing A LOT of songs!!!

He's a songwritter. It's his theraphy. And is better then doing something worse.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 16, 2009, 07:34:57 AM »
I actually ended up getting this book for $13 off ebay. Haven't paid for it yet.

I said I didn't want to read it. But for the most part, it seems not a slam on Scott, which I was not wanting to read. So I figure it's safe to read. Or that I won't be pissed reading it. If I can get through it. I can't seem to finish a book to save my life.

Still would rather read his book.

She's on Love Lines right now... only 30 mintues in so far.