September 30, 2024, 04:26:48 AM

Author Topic: Mary Weiland releasing a book on Scott  (Read 51851 times)

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Weiland releasing a book on Scott
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2009, 02:55:28 PM »
Did anyone get it yet?
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2009, 05:32:27 PM »
I bought it on amazon.com, should get here next Monday at the latest.

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2009, 05:35:47 PM »
I just called my local Borders and Barnes and Noble and they said nobody in MI has it yet.  They both said they will have only two copies coming in later this week.  I reserved a copy.

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2009, 05:45:54 PM »
It's advertised on Amazon.com for around $15. I rather pick it up today at Barnes & Noble, but it's list price is $25.99!

Fucking outrageous... I'll probably pick it up anyway, lol.
Back for another one

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2009, 07:07:04 PM »
Quote from: "The Action Girls"
It's advertised on Amazon.com for around $15. I rather pick it up today at Barnes & Noble, but it's list price is $25.99!

Fucking outrageous... I'll probably pick it up anyway, lol.

No way man. Go on Amazon. Buy it for 15. Add another 10 dollars to the order, and BAM.

You got free shipping. So you can get a book and a CD. How about another copy of Army Or Anyone? Show those boys that you care.  8)
Bleeda blooda

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2009, 07:41:32 PM »
yeah, I was gonna pick it up at Barnes & Noble because I wanted it right now but since they didn't have it anyways, ordered it from amazon for $19 total (w/s&h).

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2009, 11:34:29 PM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
yeah, I was gonna pick it up at Barnes & Noble because I wanted it right now but since they didn't have it anyways, ordered it from amazon for $19 total (w/s&h).

For another 5 bucks you could have gotten free shipping! And something else that you needed on Amazon. I'm like an Amazon advertising machine. My first and only credit card is an Amazon one, and I've found that they sell freakin' everything. You can get books, DVDs, CDs, mp3s, baby food, gum, clothes and other stuff.
Bleeda blooda

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2009, 12:12:53 AM »
I just picked it up.  It looks good, but I haven't started reading it yet.  A couple of the pictures are interesting.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #248 on: November 11, 2009, 01:18:21 AM »
I'm going to buy the e-book soon and start reading.  I'll write a review for my site asap.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 11, 2009, 01:21:23 AM »
dude i comepletly forgot about this!  I WILL GO CHECK IT OUR TOMORROW =)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2009, 02:27:29 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
No way man. Go on Amazon. Buy it for 15. Add another 10 dollars to the order, and BAM.

You got free shipping. So you can get a book and a CD. How about another copy of Army Or Anyone? Show those boys that you care.  8)

I don't know if I need 14 copies of the AoA album. 13 is enough for me. I didn't get it at Barnes & Noble, but I saw it there. I'm just gonna get it off Amazon.com

No need to push Amazon on me, I fucking love that site. As soon as I got my first piece of plastic, I started buying shit left and right. It's dwindled down over the past couple months due to a lower income, but it's still the first place I go for stuff. BTW, does Amazon sell stuff at incredible discounts ala "Black Friday"?
Back for another one

happygirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2009, 02:29:32 AM »
I ordered mine today.

After reading a few pages online, the book seems sad.

Hopefully, I’ll have a chance to read the whole book soon.

I’m hoping for a happy ending.    :)

(A drug-free loving mother = happy children)
So one and one and one make three
                                  And it changed

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2009, 07:50:34 AM »
Just finished reading the whole book in one sitting, took about 3 hours, maybe over that a bit.  Really good book, constantly interesting.  Lots and lots of drug stories including some funny Scott/Navarro ones, a story about Scott going to Dave Navarro's house saying there were ghosts in his house and after hours of arguing convincing him there were, another where Scott was trying to convince Dave that he wasn't trouble or something and told him he'd go outside and write him a long letter, and he literally wrote one sentence and then nodded off.  Dave has framed the note in his house.

Mary also wanted STP to get back together and always knew it would happen, and called Dean with the hope that he and Scott would talk about reuniting.  Thank you Mary!  She also punched Scott in the face once when he was being a dick and wouldn't leave this house where he was getting fucked up in 2001 or 2002, he kept resisting when she tried to drag him so she punched him and Scott went down and hit a sprinkler and she dragged him into the car.  Mary also punched Scott in 98 when he wouldn't share drugs.

Also the true story behind the late 2001 domestic abuse thing was Scott wanted to go get some vicodin to get fucked up and Mary was literally begging him not go, it was Noah's 1st birthday keep in mind, and Scott picked up Mary and moved her out of the way and Mary literally grabbed on Scott's leg begging him not go and was on the ground pleading but he left anyways, so she called 911 for Scott's own good to try to save him from himself.  Mary does admit she went nuts in 2007 but she doesn't blame Scott.

Scott relapsed on coke sometime in Fall 2007 when he was driving home from his studio.  He saw a drug deal going down across the street and he went over and bought coke from the guy and sniffed it in his car, Scott then drove home high on cocaine.  He confessed to Mary he did it but promised it was a one time thing.  Scott kept doing it though and Mary decided if shit didn't get better she'd leave Scott after his 40th birthday.  They did the birthday party and Mary says Scott took breaks from the party to go to his limo and do coke.  Mary tried to pretend they were happy so it wouldn't ruin the party, and when they were leaving in the limo Mary asked Scott if he had a good time and Scott said, "Why are you so fake?"  Mary also denies cheating on Scott and said just because she got birth control and he took a few conversations out of context he got paranoid and he hired a private investigator to follow Mary around at all time.  Also she said Happy in Galoshes is mean to her.  She also said The DeLeos and Eric are great guys and have never gotten big egos or anything, she said Dean and Rob's back and fourth has always been hilarious.

There's a lot more in this book too, and it's not a Scott hatchet job.  Mary admits when she fucked up too.  There are some wild Scott/Mary stories in this book that are so crazy they made me almost sadistically laugh at how nuts some situations were.  Scott has definitely gotten himself into some strange situations in his lifetime, it's a miracle we still have him alive here today, thank God for that.  Definitely buy this book, it's awesome.  This makes me look even more forward to Scott's own book too, I hope he's really honest about everything and doesn't try to do a Slash spin job.

Also Noah and Lucy want to be rock stars, so maybe someday the kids of the STP members will form a band!  Duke (Rob's kid) on guitar, Lucy on bass, Noah on vocals, and Kret'z son on drums!

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 11, 2009, 11:34:56 AM »
^^thanks for typing all that up. Sounds really interesting. Mine was shipped off today so if I'm lucky it's here tomorrow.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

shambhala

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2009, 01:30:09 PM »
stonetemplebrett - thanks for giving us some info. from the book!  Lori  :)