September 20, 2024, 12:52:56 AM

Author Topic: What other band could STP cover really well if they tried?  (Read 10792 times)

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP covering U2
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2009, 04:51:20 AM »
Quote from: "Blue"
Quote from: "purpleflowers"
Unlike most everyone else, I really love U2 and Bono.  I can't really see STP covering U2, but stranger things have been known to happen.  Now if Scott wanted to cover a U2 song in his 3rd solo album, that might work out really well.

I like Bono's music, but I'm not so big on him as a person... But on the other hand The Edge is my favorite rock guitarist next to Dean Deleo.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Bono's a tenor, so Scott might have little trouble singing U2.
Bono is definitely a tenor, but with some adjustments I think Scott could pull off some U2 songs.  It would have to be a Scott Weiland version, but I think he's up to it.  Although he isn't a tenor and has a totally different quility voice, he can hit some pretty high notes and sounds good doing it.
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2009, 09:42:15 PM »
My opinion is that Scott is definitely a tenor.  Given he doesnt have quite the range of Bono's tenor voice, but Scott is no baritone (anymore), IMO.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2009, 10:21:46 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
My opinion is that Scott is definitely a tenor.  Given he doesnt have quite the range of Bono's tenor voice, but Scott is no baritone (anymore), IMO.

Scott is deffinitely still a baritone. He may be able to his a handful of tenor notes, but I'm bass-baritone and I can hit a lot of notes he hits now-a-days.

That being said, Ropert Plant is a tenor and Scott was able to cover Dancing Days magnificently, even back when he sang almost exclusively in a low baritone.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2009, 10:14:29 AM »

Very true.
If you only knew..

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2009, 06:02:11 PM »
Scott is deffinitely still a baritone. He may be able to his a handful of tenor notes, but I'm bass-baritone and I can hit a lot of notes he hits now-a-days.

Well I pretty much completely disagree, but to each their own.  Either way, a good voice is a good voice

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2009, 11:45:51 PM »

Well I pretty much completely disagree, but to each their own.  Either way, a good voice is a good voice
This would be a good question for the questions section:  Scott, are you still a baritone or are you now a tenor?  We can speculate forever and agree to disagree.  He knows!  ;)
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2009, 07:41:53 AM »
Quote from: "Lazy Divey"
Nah.  In my opinion U2 is overrated and Bono is a douche.

THIS
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
Yes, U2 have a bunch of good songs, but I am in agreement with the majority here, the shit outweighs the good by a long way. Especially post Achtung Baby. Load.Of.Shit.

MrF33n3y

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2009, 03:37:01 PM »
I'd agree that Scott is a baritone. And I don't really have any desire to see him sing anything from U2.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2009, 07:47:35 PM »
Quote from: "purpleflowers"

This would be a good question for the questions section:  Scott, are you still a baritone or are you now a tenor?  We can speculate forever and agree to disagree.  He knows!  ;)

This is the closest Scott's ever been to being a Tenor, I think he may be close to a Tenor 2 at this point:http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kQ8N56EdfI

Him singing the same song now: http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk-Eyk8wkSc

Even if he's a tenor, he's deffinietely singing baritone here.

Back on topic, I don't thin U2 really is old enough for STP to cover them. Mostly STP covers their influences, Zepp, Beatles, Bowie... And U2 just isn't an influence of their's
Grab the hate and drown it out...

anSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »
yeah, but if STP did cover U2, i would only want to see pre-1991 U2. After that, U2 became total garbage. Anything from the War album is good, or anything from U2's 1980-1990 greatest hits would be cool.