August 19, 2024, 03:23:23 AM

Author Topic: Live Recordings from 2009 SW Solo Tour  (Read 13200 times)

capt_caveman

• Maver
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Take A Load Off
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zooind.tumblr.com
Re: Live Recordings from 2009 SW Solo Tour
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2009, 10:42:30 PM »
Quote from: "Tyrant"
Seattle show is available:
http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music ... le-WA.html

Whoo hoo!! Thanks Tyrant...
Cause she could play the six string better than those macho pendejos

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2009, 10:54:24 PM »
Quote from: "capt_caveman"

You're welcome  :)
btw, Marquee Theatre show is back.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

capt_caveman

• Maver
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Take A Load Off
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2009, 11:26:18 PM »
Quote from: "capt_caveman"

You're welcome  :)
btw, Marquee Theatre show is back.

Oh man, now if only the Tucson show was back as well...

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2009, 07:15:33 AM »
not to sound like a dick but i wish they were a bit cheaper, i mean even happy is cheaper at the stores.
If you only knew..

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2009, 08:07:26 AM »
we wanttttttttttttttttttttt hello it's late  :-X
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2009, 05:23:01 AM »
I keep telling myself not to buy any more songs, but I realized there's nowhere else I'm going to hear Can't Stand Me Now, Waiting For Superman, Do It For The Kids, etc in such awesome quality.

Not having a job sucks. So do credit card bills and cell phone bills.  :-
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2009, 09:30:57 AM »
I might have discovered something kinda cool. But not really that much. I was looking at the various songs I downloaded in my iTunes library, and I noticed that each album has a different shape in the background. Since there's only 4 shows released, it's not very completely, but so far I have this as the top secret live SW show recordings picture:

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a picture of Scott.
Bleeda blooda

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2009, 10:19:03 AM »
That is cool and weird..i wish i had some of those recordings i hate being broke!
If you only knew..

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2009, 12:43:27 AM »
Scott didn't start offering these recordings until after I saw him twice... so I'm on the fence about buying a full show, or buying single songs from several shows and piecing a set list together.  Any recommendations from people who've bought (singles vs full shows) ?

*Also would it be in poor taste to suggest chipping in with other members...? (ex.  I buy one full show, you buy another, and we "compare".)
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2009, 03:09:05 AM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
Scott didn't start offering these recordings until after I saw him twice... so I'm on the fence about buying a full show, or buying single songs from several shows and piecing a set list together.  Any recommendations from people who've bought (singles vs full shows) ?

*Also would it be in poor taste to suggest chipping in with other members...? (ex.  I buy one full show, you buy another, and we "compare".)

I downloaded individual songs, I'll say which ones and what I think of them.

From Boise, ID:

Mockingbird Girl - I pretty much bought it cause it was 10 minutes long. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but it's worth the 99 cents.
Waiting For Superman - I totally love this song. It ends very abruptly, so I'm not sure if it's the entire song or not. It's still 4 minutes long though.
Blind Confusion - Sounds kinda rushed and Scott's vocals aren't extremely great, but overall it's a good performance.

From Vancouver, BC:

Do It For The Kids - Good performance, I loooove this song. You can definitely tell that it isn't Slash playing the solo though.....
Can't Stand Me Now - I like it, but they should have sung it like themselves, not like they're British.
Atlanta - Scott sounds like his vocals are going to blow out in this song. It's like 10 minutes long.

From Seattle, WA:

Unglued - An excellent performance. The band sounds tight and Scott's vocals are tight

From Portland, OR:

Interstate Love Song - I heard the preview of the intro, and I was immediately sold. It's got jingly shit or something.  I dunno. Buy it, trust me.
Bleeda blooda

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2009, 07:34:46 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "STEAK"

I downloaded individual songs, I'll say which ones and what I think of them.

From Boise, ID:

Mockingbird Girl - I pretty much bought it cause it was 10 minutes long. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but it's worth the 99 cents.
Waiting For Superman - I totally love this song. It ends very abruptly, so I'm not sure if it's the entire song or not. It's still 4 minutes long though.
Blind Confusion - Sounds kinda rushed and Scott's vocals aren't extremely great, but overall it's a good performance.

From Vancouver, BC:

Do It For The Kids - Good performance, I loooove this song. You can definitely tell that it isn't Slash playing the solo though.....
Can't Stand Me Now - I like it, but they should have sung it like themselves, not like they're British.
Atlanta - Scott sounds like his vocals are going to blow out in this song. It's like 10 minutes long.

From Seattle, WA:

Unglued - An excellent performance. The band sounds tight and Scott's vocals are tight

From Portland, OR:

Interstate Love Song - I heard the preview of the intro, and I was immediately sold. It's got jingly shit or something.  I dunno. Buy it, trust me.

Cool, those are some great descriptions.  Thanks!

The FOX show, and Boise radio shows in the DL section both have really good acoustic versions of 'Waiting for a Superman'.  I'm curious to hear what it sounds like on the tour.  So I may check out that song from another date (hopefully it's not abrupt).  

I'm not sure how I feel about the 10min+ jams though.  I love them at shows, but I have a few song/jams in my bootleg collection from STP/VR and I rarely listen through them when in my car.  I'm gonna buy some tracks tonight, and see.  Maybe try a different 'WFS' though.  (I'll post up what I get w/ some reviews too.)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2009, 08:13:48 AM »
I only bought the Atlanta and Mockingbird Girl cause all the other 10 minutes+ songs are only available if you get the whole show.
Bleeda blooda

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2009, 10:47:43 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
I only bought the Atlanta and Mockingbird Girl cause all the other 10 minutes+ songs are only available if you get the whole show.

I just went through this thread and your song reviews... and then listened to those terrible samples on their site.  I then downloaded 13 tracks.

Paralysis-------------Vancouver, BC - Heard several versions of this song live & acoustic.  This one is really good, not the best, but above average.  The vocals sound like they're a bit far from the mic or something.  (Well compared to other recordings  on the Vancouver show.)

Killing Me Sweetly---Seattle, WA - A great recording of this song.  I've heard several acoustic, and live versions, and this is a great one.

Vasoline--------------Seattle, WA - I liked it. A very straight forward live version.  It's tough to compare to the other sample of it, but regardless, this was a good clean recording.  Both his vocals and the band were solid.

Mockingbird Girl----Boise, ID - Sounded great... I'm just not personally a fan of long jams unless I'm at a show.

Unglued  ------------Portland, OR - I just got it b/c of the way he pronounced "Unglued" (UNGLOD)... but it was a great performance.  I still miss the megaphone and screaming, but this was a really good recording.  (Kinda curious to compare it to the one from Seattle.)

Blind Confusion-----Portland, OR - I can see what you meant by the rush sound... even from this other show.  Solid recording though.

Barbarella-------------Seattle, WA - The band sounded great, Scott sounded great.  He did sound a little tired though, but regardless it's a great live version.  (Although, I don't think he ever sounded better than the time he sang this song on 'Decades of Rock' with Cyndi Lauper.... woulda been a better recording without her part though.  :-X )

Interstate Love Song----Portland, OR - WOW... I've heard a lot of different versions of ILS over the years, and this is another GREAT one.  Those funky sounds, and the band playing it slightly different really made it a great recording.

Can't stand me now-----Vancouver, BC - Wow... I didn't know what to expect when you mentioned  them singing like they're British.  I kinda like it since it's so different, but it's definitely going to take some getting used to.

Big black monster--------Vancouver, BC - A solid live version of the original.

Atlanta-------------------Boise, ID - It had a unique intro on the sample, so I went with it.  It really sounds like he hits every emotion going through the song.  It kinda goes on for a bit with some improv and jamming.  

Do it for the kids-----Vancouver, BC - Weird version, but I like it... woulda been great to have see him spring this one live!

Missing cleveland -----Vancouver, BC - Didn't sound so good.  I've heard several better live versions of this song.  Also, whomever else was backing him up, didn't help at all.

*Waiting for a superman---- Didn't buy it since you mentioned it only being 4min, and possible ending short.  I personally like the Boise Radio show acoustic recording of this song the best so far.  The  ones from the FOX studio are good too, but with the Boise radio recordings, his vocals are much more pronounced compared to the music.)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2009, 09:59:52 PM »
I'm REALLY ready for Anaheim to go up.  I want a copy of the concert I was at!!

But I can wait...

capt_caveman

• Maver
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Take A Load Off
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2009, 09:03:51 AM »
Are the rest of the shows going to go live any time soon?!