September 12, 2024, 03:35:36 AM

Author Topic: Live Recordings from 2009 SW Solo Tour  (Read 13710 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Live Recordings from 2009 SW Solo Tour
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 09:39:54 AM »
If you go to the website that's selling the mp3s, the show where they played Hello It's Late isn't listed under the shows available!!!!

I swear to god that if I never get to hear Hello It's Late live, I'm going to be so unfulfilled for the rest of my life.
Bleeda blooda

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 09:57:11 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
If you go to the website that's selling the mp3s, the show where they played Hello It's Late isn't listed under the shows available!!!!

I swear to god that if I never get to hear Hello It's Late live, I'm going to be so unfulfilled for the rest of my life.
Oh, shit.....
It's kind of a tragedy. If it will not become available, we should write a petition or something to force them to release this song.

btw, listen to the samples of Idaho show:
http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music ... se-ID.html
Sounds great!
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 03:06:47 PM »
Quote from: "Tyrant"
Quote from: "andrew"
we should write a petition or something to force them to release this song.

good idea  :D
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 03:23:39 PM »
the samples sound incredible....

listen to SW's voice on "Blind Confusion" (5/16 - Idaho)

he sounds absolutely amazing.

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 03:35:43 PM »
Perhaps Doug & Scott could provide rabid fans of BelowEmpty who follow their every move with a special live single of "Hello It's Late" ... As a nice gesture of course  :P
My only exit is a one way out...

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »
I'd buy at least one, maybe two... but being a rabid fan is too expensive for me...  :-
If the only chance to get Hello, it's late it's buying the show, which is not available yet, well I'll spend  a little more on Scott again  ;D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 05:26:41 PM »
$15 for the mp3s of one show?? This is nice, but at the same time it's a damn RIP OFF. I can go to the store and buy a physical album, 4x better audio quality than an MP3 for less than this. There is no reason for the price being this high. These prices are not justifiable and ridiculous.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 06:01:11 PM »
I thought Blind Confusion sounded like shit and the prices are freaking stupid and im not dying over hello it's late since it probably sounds like shit , i was upset enough over atlanta let's just hope he decides to play jewels like this with STP
If you only knew..

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »
For some reason the samples sound terrible using Mozilla.  Internet Explorer they sound fine.

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »
i do not understand why everyone is bitching about the prices... nothing is free, so stop complaining. this is a gift from SW to even have the ability to purchase these recordings... DG put a lot of effort into recording and mastering these recordings... because the expectation is that only a certain amount will even be purchased, the margins are relatively lower and the costs incurred will therefore be spread out over a lower number of sales, which causes revenue deficiencies in relation to a live download offering for STP, which could be marketed for $10 and sell a million copies... SDR is a very small label... their artists are not generating a lot of revenue, which makes it hard to cover all of their overhead... especially when SWB is touring for the 2nd time in 6 months....

although i would recommend purchasing the flac version ($18)... $15 (mp3) is a small price to pay to have a digitally mastered soundboard recording of the performance from a show that you attended of your favorite artist.

if you look at other bands that offer the same the same type of live material... the prices are relatively comparable.... as far as the comparison between the cost of the live material and the cost of an official release... i would say that the increased amount of material being offered contributes to the variance in price.

no offense to the people who have an alternative perspective on the issue... much like you have voiced your views... i'm just simply voicing mine.

i've always supported SW in any project that he has ever undertaken.... and I will continue to support him thru the Live Downloads venture as well.

over the years, i have spent thousands of dollars on the acquisition of my live media collection... looking back, i have no regrets... you'll all see the intrinsic value as i begin to share with the community...

taking these comments into consideration may change your perspective on the pricing scale... especially for those people who were unfortunately not able to see SW live... $15 is a marginal cost in comparison to the transportation and admission costs that many of us have incurred during the 2 legs of the HIG tour to see the SWB.

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »
Nicely put!
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 09:41:37 PM »
I asked DG about AZ shows via Twitter.
Answer:
there was a tech problem with the recording and the AZ shows will not be released- sorry but that's computers for you-

:- omg....
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 10:49:29 PM »
shit

i hope that they play hello it's late again...
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

capt_caveman

• Maver
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Take A Load Off
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zooind.tumblr.com
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 11:08:24 PM »
Damn shame about Hello It's Late and the rest of the AZ shows...
Cause she could play the six string better than those macho pendejos

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009, 01:30:14 AM »
You guys are incredible.

You WANT more.... then you whine about it when you can GET it. I suppose we all should just get everything for free because we all are fans??

You don't know how much time it takes someone to go & produce the shows, make sure it is all audible & whatnot.

You're paying for the time it takes Douglas to do this. You're paying to support this label. You're paying to have something that was not offered before.

And artists don't get a lot of chances to make a lot of cash off thier OWN MUSIC these days. Yes, Scotts cd is on his label, but if it wasn't, he'd be getting screwed just like all the others in the industry. Usually you make the bulk of your cash on the road. Not by record sells.

This was a cool little thing that they thought we'd all appreciate.

And nobody said you had to buy more then ONE. Or any at all. Its just a special little extra that he's never done before

Who knows, if they are happy with the results, maybe in the future, they WILL do this more often.

I for one feel very lucky that they even are doing this.