August 19, 2024, 03:59:43 AM

Author Topic: Live Recordings from 2009 SW Solo Tour  (Read 13201 times)

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
Live Recordings from 2009 SW Solo Tour
« on: May 15, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »
FYI: SW is recording ALL of the shows from the current tour and releasing them for sale thru his website:  http://www.scottweiland.com/

Glad to see SW following in Metallica's foot steps (LiveMetallica) on this one... This is something that all artists should do, especially when revenue is scarce on official releases.

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Live Recordings from 2009 SW Solo Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:48:27 PM »
Excellent news  ;D  

I imagine they're gonna be SDB recordings mixed by Doug, right?.. i hope. anyway thx for the info!

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 02:22:11 AM »
Woah, 15 bucks for MP3 version... Can I just get Hello It's Late for 99 cents please. In any case it's nice to see this happening, and can only hope it happens for some STP gigs as well.
My only exit is a one way out...

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 02:35:07 AM »
Laaame. They should sell last tour's shows. The show that I got to go to cause he decided to skip the bay area this time around.
Bleeda blooda

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 05:24:43 AM »
This is officially the most awesome news in a long time.
Now, there's no need to rely on someone's phone mix.
And it's great to see Scott in a strong voice and changing the set every night.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 06:36:20 AM »
Pretty cool. I might buy a show though $15 seems like a bit much, these best be some long setlists.

If only STP can follow suit.
Back for another one

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 11:54:22 AM »
Ohh yes we here at BE will have them all ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Its only a matter of time.
    Hawk.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 04:28:17 AM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
Ohh yes we here at BE will have them all ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Its only a matter of time.
    Hawk.

I thought BE had a policy that we couldn't upload anything that was available for purchase
Grab the hate and drown it out...

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 07:34:18 PM »
Sharing is Caring Sharing is Caring!!!!!  secretly of course.   Yes youre right if it's copyrighted material it cannot be spread publicly through here.
  Hawk.

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 10:15:07 PM »
I agree that 15 dollars is a little too much, esp. just for a download.   If they were 9 or 10 bucks then I would probably buy about 3 or 4 different ones, but now I'll probably just get one or so, when I can.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 11:20:16 PM »
Fifteen bucks is definitely too high in my opinion.  Should be no more than $7, if you ask me.  This isnt new music.  I think more reasonable pricing would make this gesture look more like what pearl jam did and less like a cash grab.  

Can't wait to hear the live stuff, but at this price, in this economy, no way I will be buying more than one.  Give me $7 per show and I'd be much more inclined.

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 03:42:40 AM »
Quote from: "andrewivanhayes"
FYI: SW is recording ALL of the shows from the current tour and releasing them for sale thru his website:  http://www.scottweiland.com/

Glad to see SW following in Metallica's foot steps (LiveMetallica) on this one... This is something that all artists should do, especially when revenue is scarce on official releases.

That's really cool, but I'll have to disagree on the pricing being too much. Doug spends a shit load of time mixing the audio of every show afterwards, so maybe the price is fitting for the labor that's put into it.
I can understand why people would be upset over the price, though. The new STP album will probably cost $15 at Target or wherever and that comes with the album art and all that jazz. This is, after all, just an mp3 download.
Either way, it's really great for the fans that got to see him in concert. It's like a great memory that they have to go back to any time they feel like listening to it. I can dig that because I was lucky enough to have the audio from the Mohegan Sun show from last year posted. (By the way, thank you to whoever put that up.)
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 03:57:30 AM »
Don't worry Hawk will help pay your music bills during this evil spiralling economy!!!!!!!!!
OUT!

bigvin22

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
15 bucks is a little steep.  It would be worth it if you could pick and choose songs from different shows and different set lists since he seems to be mixing it up lately.  I know I'll  still buy it though.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 08:20:41 PM »
I'll probably only get one or two... The shows Im going to, I'll see which one I like more sound wise. I love him, but I wanna get the best I can for my cash.