September 12, 2024, 03:52:18 AM

Author Topic: 2009-07-01 - West Hollywood, CA - House Of Blues  (Read 28693 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: 2009-07-01 - West Hollywood, CA - House Of Blues
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2009, 04:45:51 AM »
How about if he tried to sing Transmissions from a Lonely Room, no way he could do the chorus.  I thought Scott sounded fine on Tigers though.  He is rough during parts of some songs though.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2009, 05:19:12 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Quote from: "Blue"
Listen to him hit those high-notes!

I hope this will prove that he really is in great shape to all those people who think just because he chooses to sing Big Bang Baby weird means he can't sing high. Seriously, Seven Caged Tigers is way higher than Big Bang Baby. I mean when he performed it in the Tiny Music era, he never went to falsetto once for BBB.

it has nothing to do with high notes, he just can't sing that way anymore it's like if you heard sour girl then compared to now and the band has to tune down now for that song, his voice has changed big time even when he talks, tigers is wayy different it's like if he were singing killing me sweetly,i would love to hear what hello it's late or a song for sleeping you will be able to tell the damage big time, and by the way piece of pie is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tougher song to sing compared to tigers.

Dude, we all know Piece Of Pie is one of his harder songs. There is not one single sentance in my entire post that even implied that Piece of Pie is easier the Seven Caged Tigers. I'm just saying if Scott's voice is in good enough shape to make SCT sound good, than he can easily sing BBB-- a song that does not require falsetto OR sustained notes beyond his range-- with only light modification for his scratchier voice. In fact, there were several shows last year where the end off BBB sounded great because he stopped doing the nasal thing for the last couple of verses.

Basically the point I'm driving at is that I'm tired of people thinking Scott's voice is in worse shape than it is because of artistic choices he makes.

Anyway, back on topic. It's been two days and still very few bootlegs... That sucks.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2009, 09:35:53 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Also I met this chick there who flew all the way from Australia to see STP.  There are still die hards!  There were also a few kids younger than me wearing STP shirts.  Mainly 35-40 year old Gen-Xers though.

I was next to her at my show. She was a trip. She was nice but she had some irritating episode with this drunk dude. So she spent the whole night YELLING at him behind me right into my ear. Kate was her name. She is a rabid fan!!!! Betwee her & the other woman that was drunk off her ass yelling she wanted to ummmm, sleep w/Scott or something he didn't really get near my part of the crowd. Damn bitches scared him off. I don't blame him. Freaks. Hahahaha!!! I was like "I do NOT know these people Scott!!" Hahahahaa!!! The lady that kept yelling out to him I saw at the Vegas SWB show & she did the same thing then too. She was wasted & AS wasted as she was, Im surprised she could remember me. But she tapped me on the shoulder in line & said "Weren't you at the SW show??" My eyes got big & I thought "OH NOOOOOOO!!! NOT YOU!!!" Ugh!!

The overseas fans, are just RABID!!! I guess I would be too if I had to go overseas to see someone I really liked but they had not came to where I live. Gotta make it worth the trip  guess.

The security guard we were chatting with told us Scott was going to come out & sing on the rail... but those crazy chicks I think freaked him out & he just sang Creep at the mic.  :'(

bonebroke

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 04, 2009, 04:23:04 PM »
found this....

STP House of Blues Sunset Strip July 1, 2009

1 Silvergun Superman
2 Wicked Garden
3 Vasoline
4 Big Empty
5 Lounge Fly
6 Army Ants
7 Sour Girl
8 Creep
9 Crackerman
10 Plush
11 Interstate Love Song
12 Seven Caged Tigers
13 Down
14 Sex Type Thing
15 Sin
16 Unglued
--------------------------
17 Piece Of Pie
18 Dead And Bloated
19 Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

Was 7 Caged Tigers electric or acoustic?

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 04, 2009, 05:12:53 PM »
Quote from: "bonebroke"
found this....

STP House of Blues Sunset Strip July 1, 2009

1 Silvergun Superman
2 Wicked Garden
3 Vasoline
4 Big Empty
5 Lounge Fly
6 Army Ants
7 Sour Girl
8 Creep
9 Crackerman
10 Plush
11 Interstate Love Song
12 Seven Caged Tigers
13 Down
14 Sex Type Thing
15 Sin
16 Unglued
17 Piece Of Pie
18 Dead And Bloated

Was 7 Caged Tigers electric or acoustic?

Electric with a Telecaster.

bonebroke

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 04, 2009, 05:30:26 PM »

I'm not sure i've heard a live electric version of that song.
Most familiar with the Howard Stern radio appearance.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 04, 2009, 05:38:30 PM »
Quote from: "bonebroke"

I'm not sure i've heard a live electric version of that song.
Most familiar with the Howard Stern radio appearance.

This show was the first time they've played it electrically live.

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 04, 2009, 07:54:14 PM »
Here's the set:

1 Silvergun Superman
2 Wicked Garden
3 Vasoline
4 Big Empty
5 Lounge Fly
6 Army Ants
7 Sour Girl
8 Creep
9 Crackerman
10 Plush
11 Interstate Love Song
12 Seven Caged Tigers
13 Down
14 Sex Type Thing
15 Sin
16 Unglued
17 Piece Of Pie
18 Dead And Bloated

Audio recording:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=256229
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »
Fuckin Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let the games begin. Thanks zjt!!!!!!!
hawk.

NoMemory_Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2009, 08:36:49 PM »
I'm glad they're still playing Sin!!!!  :D

any comment about Jackson?  O0
CORPORATE MEDIA STILL SUCK

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2009, 08:57:27 PM »
Listen to him hit those high-notes!

I hope this will prove that he really is in great shape to all those people who think just because he chooses to sing Big Bang Baby weird means he can't sing high. Seriously, Seven Caged Tigers is way higher than Big Bang Baby. I mean when he performed it in the Tiny Music era, he never went to falsetto once for BBB.

it has nothing to do with high notes, he just can't sing that way anymore it's like if you heard sour girl then compared to now and the band has to tune down now for that song, his voice has changed big time even when he talks, tigers is wayy different it's like if he were singing killing me sweetly,i would love to hear what hello it's late or a song for sleeping you will be able to tell the damage big time, and by the way piece of pie is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tougher song to sing compared to tigers.

Dude, we all know Piece Of Pie is one of his harder songs. There is not one single sentance in my entire post that even implied that Piece of Pie is easier the Seven Caged Tigers. I'm just saying if Scott's voice is in good enough shape to make SCT sound good, than he can easily sing BBB-- a song that does not require falsetto OR sustained notes beyond his range-- with only light modification for his scratchier voice. In fact, there were several shows last year where the end off BBB sounded great because he stopped doing the nasal thing for the last couple of verses.

Basically the point I'm driving at is that I'm tired of people thinking Scott's voice is in worse shape than it is because of artistic choices he makes.

Anyway, back on topic. It's been two days and still very few bootlegs... That sucks.

Falsetto pitch has NOTHING to do with it, if you even hear the verses for trippinhe still sounds nasal, Scott doesn't choose to sound nasal, fact is his voice is very damaged and his voice now sounds better when he does his solo stuff, it's softer and yea he does do a bad rip of Bowie with his voice but it just sounds better when he sings songs like killing me sweetly rather than sour girl. it wasn't an artistic choice lol you could tell his voice was damaged from that first VR gig right before libertad, he sounded nasal and the band had tuned down to a half step which i dug cuz it sounded darker.

does anyone have more videos from the show???
If you only knew..

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 04, 2009, 09:50:03 PM »
Falsetto pitch has NOTHING to do with it, if you even hear the verses for trippinhe still sounds nasal, Scott doesn't choose to sound nasal, fact is his voice is very damaged and his voice now sounds better when he does his solo stuff, it's softer and yea he does do a bad rip of Bowie with his voice but it just sounds better when he sings songs like killing me sweetly rather than sour girl. it wasn't an artistic choice lol you could tell his voice was damaged from that first VR gig right before libertad, he sounded nasal and the band had tuned down to a half step which i dug cuz it sounded darker.

does anyone have more videos from the show???

What I'm saying is there are ways he can sing to get over the damage, I.E. using chest voice. Since BBB doesn't require falsetto, it wouldn't sound bad if he dropped it a few notes and used chest voice to disguise the damage. That's exactly what he does with Lady Picture Show (which does use falsetto, but he pulls off the switch from chest to head-voice magnificantly) which I think sounds great now. He is CHOOSING to show the damage rather than use technique to make the song sound good.

Any way, I can't find anymore videos on the show. I've been scouring youtube but it looks pretty bleak right now .

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2009, 12:13:54 AM »
MP3s up in the download section.

HawkiNdAHouSE

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2009, 03:34:07 AM »
I'm glad I at least get mp3s of the show. That is pretty good audio quality. Army Ants sounds bitchin'.
Bleeda blooda

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #194 on: July 05, 2009, 06:47:30 AM »
absolutely incredible!!!!!!

they sound absolutely amazing!!!

Cinci & Sarnia here I come!!!!

"Superman with a SILVER shotgun!!!!"