September 28, 2024, 08:30:18 PM

Author Topic: I miss Velvet Revolver and Audioslave  (Read 13802 times)

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Theory on why VR is having trouble replacing Scott
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 04:33:17 AM »
Well, Axl seems to be the big hold up on the whole G&R reunion issue. Hes so stuborn they ALL could have made millions already doing a reunion.

I also loved EVERYTHING the VR boys did with Scott. And I don't really know if they will really find anyone to fill his shoes. At least not as VR.

artsyblacksmith

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 05:04:58 AM »
i think they are havin trouble cuz there really isnt anyone to fill scotts shoes

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 05:16:42 AM »
Quote from: "artsyblacksmith"
i think they are havin trouble cuz there really isnt anyone to fill scotts shoes

I touched one of his shoes once. And then I got to shake his hand. Good times!
Bleeda blooda

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 06:47:12 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "artsyblacksmith"

I touched one of his shoes once. And then I got to shake his hand. Good times!

He stomped on my arm with one of his shoes... and I got to touch his thigh at two shows... Hahaha!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 04:05:35 PM »
What VR will do is relevant for me, even though I know the next singer and record won't do on me what Contraband and Libertad did. And I highly doubt they will impact as much as they did, but we're talking about GnR guys, everything they do is important, so we can't know.

They lost many fans, they keep many, and there's people like me waiting (I'm getting impatient  :P ). I was a big VR fan, the whole band fan, not just Scott, so I can't do like I don't care what they're doing. I really like Duff and Slash, and for me they're musicians who can't make a bad record. But VR is not VR anymore, not for me, they're not as important as before because of Scott, easy. Whatever, I keep and eye on them and I know I'd buy the next record.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 07:18:55 PM »
Quote from: "WhenTheItchGetsBad"
I think the new VR isn't going to make nearly the impact the old one did. Just because you can't replace solid gold with a stick covered in tin foil. People are going to always be comparing the new guy to Scott, and let's face it, there aren't very many singers that are Scott's caliber. The album could be good, but I doubt it's going to be even Libertad good.

That's what I'm talking about. You've basically decided that the new album is going to suck (once they find a singer) before you've even heard it. Just keep the speculation down until you hear it. If you've already decided you don't like it just because Scott's not there anymore, then regardless of how it sounds, you're going to hate it.
Maybe when you hear it, you'll end up liking it even more. You never know.
Just wait until you hear it to decide one way or the other.

I'm not assuming it's going to suck, but as of right now, it's pretty much Snakepit Reloaded for the 3rd time. It could be a very good album, but it's just not the same band. STP knew they couldn't replace Weiland, Rage knew they couldn't replace Zach D, so they did what was the next best and changed their name when they got a new singer.

No one else should be able to sing Fall To Pieces. And since half their set was covers of their former bands, why the hell not just call it something else? Or they could quit dicking around and act like adults and go where the money's at with GNR.

I like some of the stuff that Slash & co do, but I like EVERYTHING they did with Scott. They're going to have to get a really damn good singer who writes and sings incredible stuff in order for me to consider it VR. They wouldn't have even been called Velvet Revolver if Scott weren't in the band.

Slash's Snakepit wasn't all bad in the first place, and he didn't have Sorum and Duff backing him for it, not to mention Dave Kushner.
And they have to call themselves "VR", "VR" owes their label one more record.
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 07:29:20 PM »
I thought they got dropped by their label... or am I tripping?

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2009, 08:01:36 PM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
I thought they got dropped by their label... or am I tripping?

You are correct.  It's yet another stumbling block for them.  Now they have to get someone who's going to have enough interest for a major label to sign them, otherwise it will just be on a smaller level.

I actually think it's better if they get a really talented and cool "unkown" cuz they could ditch the whole supergroup image.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 04:16:17 AM »
They did and they wanted it to happen cuz the label was giving them a deadline for a singer and wanted them to do that "Rockstar" tv show it's funny to sit here and say he can't fill Scott's shoes THAT IS BECAUSE WE ARE ALL SCOTT WEILAND FANS! thousands of people can tell you that they don't like VR  you are talking about filling Scott's shoes but did Scott satisfy alot of fans by trying to fill Axl's shoes?!?!? come on the dances ?? the hat?!? the sudden Hollywood punk get-up?!?!? Scott is one of the best but he isn't unique at all besides using hundreds of other bands melodies (which dont get me wrong i think it's cool cuz he does it in a tribute way) i mean we know about his influences but he full on rips alot of things and Axl as much as i hate the piece of shit douche bag!!!! is very unique in many ways besides his signature vocal, VR would be successful if they make the right moves Contraband didn't sell just because it was a good record it also sold because it was the GNR guys getting back and if you had followed the whole thing we never heard anything about "OH MY GOD SCOTT WEILAND IS COMING BACK WITH SLASH!" unless it was on this site.
A lot of people are actually very excited of hearing them do something with a different singer i mean go on youtube watch the Slither video i don't really see anything about anyone missing Scott but its all about "is he gay??" or "they need a better singer"

i hope they can someday do something together again it would be very fuckin cool,  i don't care what the tabloids say or blabbermouth or any of the crap everyone reads i will quote Scott on this " Believe only half of what you see and never believe anything you read"
my conclusion of the vr break up was :death, drugs, wives, and money those are all the facts i know and need to know and i know Scott will never go and do anything full on with them since he is in a better place emotionally while he does his solo work, i'll still have hope on Doug's prediction.
If you only knew..

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 04:46:00 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
They did and they wanted it to happen cuz the label was giving them a deadline for a singer and wanted them to do that "Rockstar" tv show it's funny to sit here and say he can't fill Scott's shoes THAT IS BECAUSE WE ARE ALL SCOTT WEILAND FANS! thousands of people can tell you that they don't like VR  you are talking about filling Scott's shoes but did Scott satisfy alot of fans by trying to fill Axl's shoes?!?!? come on the dances ?? the hat?!? the sudden Hollywood punk get-up?!?!? Scott is one of the best but he isn't unique at all besides using hundreds of other bands melodies (which dont get me wrong i think it's cool cuz he does it in a tribute way) i mean we know about his influences but he full on rips alot of things and Axl as much as i hate the piece of shit douche bag!!!! is very unique in many ways besides his signature vocal, VR would be successful if they make the right moves Contraband didn't sell just because it was a good record it also sold because it was the GNR guys getting back and if you had followed the whole thing we never heard anything about "OH MY GOD SCOTT WEILAND IS COMING BACK WITH SLASH!" unless it was on this site.
A lot of people are actually very excited of hearing them do something with a different singer i mean go on youtube watch the Slither video i don't really see anything about anyone missing Scott but its all about "is he gay??" or "they need a better singer"

i hope they can someday do something together again it would be very fuckin cool,  i don't care what the tabloids say or blabbermouth or any of the crap everyone reads i will quote Scott on this " Believe only half of what you see and never believe anything you read"
my conclusion of the vr break up was :death, drugs, wives, and money those are all the facts i know and need to know and i know Scott will never go and do anything full on with them since he is in a better place emotionally while he does his solo work, i'll still have hope on Doug's prediction.

And that's that. lol
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

soxstpfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 08:48:13 AM »
I saw VR on the Contraband tour and it was one of the sickest shows I've ever been to. I think the reason was that they all got along and respected what each other brought to the group. They genuinely seemed to enjoy being on stage together, and ripped through a killer 2-hour set like it was no big deal. Even got to meet them before the show and they were joking around with each other and the fans. Just having a good time. That got lost somewhere along the way.
Here's why they'll have a hard time replacing Scott: you can't replicate the "it" factor, and VR had that in spades with Scott.

HerdJC

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2009, 02:39:25 AM »
Quote from: "soxstpfan"
I saw VR on the Contraband tour and it was one of the sickest shows I've ever been to. I think the reason was that they all got along and respected what each other brought to the group. They genuinely seemed to enjoy being on stage together, and ripped through a killer 2-hour set like it was no big deal. Even got to meet them before the show and they were joking around with each other and the fans. Just having a good time. That got lost somewhere along the way.
Here's why they'll have a hard time replacing Scott: you can't replicate the "it" factor, and VR had that in spades with Scott.

Great post and one I agree with.  I think Scott brought "it" together for VR.  I think the best option for those guys is to reform under a different name.  VR with any other singer is not going to be something worth seeing, IMO.

T-Bone

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2009, 03:30:05 AM »
At this point, I'm just concerned that Scott will rejoin VR.  No disrespect to VR, but with a STP tour in the works and rumors of another album...I don't want anything to take away from this.

goduffgo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
VR is Dead
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
There is no way we will ever see VR again. I saw them at least once every UK tour and have some amazing memories, but The fact is This is where Scott, I, All of STP fans really want to be.  With Slash, Duff doing solo stuff Can we really see any sort of VR in the future?

RGF030

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: VR is Dead
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 08:46:16 PM »
If VR comes out with any new material, I really won't care. I was never a GnR fan andyou're right, Scott was the only reason why I liked them. After that altercation between Scott and Matt Sorum, I lost a lot for them. I think Matt is a major tool.

Even if VR came out with something new, I think their time has already passed and new material will just kinda wash away.