September 28, 2024, 10:36:52 PM

Author Topic: I miss Velvet Revolver and Audioslave  (Read 13808 times)

strykb

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: VR is Dead
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2010, 05:58:03 AM »
I agree that VR is dead. It is almost (AC/DC) impossible for a band to carry on without their lead singer. Just like how AOA wasn't STP, a VR w/o Scott won't be VR. It very well may be a good band. My love for STP is only matched by my love for GNR. Though I think Slash is selling out these days, if he sticks with Duff I can put up with him, and even enjoy his music.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2010, 06:14:32 AM »
Quote from: "strykb"
I agree that VR is dead. It is almost (AC/DC) impossible for a band to carry on without their lead singer. Just like how AOA wasn't STP, a VR w/o Scott won't be VR. It very well may be a good band. My love for STP is only matched by my love for GNR. Though I think Slash is selling out these days, if he sticks with Duff I can put up with him, and even enjoy his music.

His new single "By The Sword" is pretty amazing.
If you only knew..

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2010, 08:30:20 AM »
I just meant Scott made VR what it was.  That is why they didn't get signed until he was on board and they got dropped from their label after he left.  I think the band needed everybody for it to work and it just fell apart but they tried to forge on and it didn't work.   I think Slash's new album will either have a hit song or two, or it could just be a bunch of smoke and mirrors.  He is still a talented guitar player and a celebrity but I don't know if it will be as good as VR.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2010, 08:43:22 AM »
Quote from: "Casual"
I just meant Scott made VR what it was.  That is why they didn't get signed until he was on board and they got dropped from their label after he left.  I think the band needed everybody for it to work and it just fell apart but they tried to forge on and it didn't work.   I think Slash's new album will either have a hit song or two, or it could just be a bunch of smoke and mirrors.  He is still a talented guitar player and a celebrity but I don't know if it will be as good as VR.

And thats where music fans ruined good music for themselves. you can't think that something isn't gonna be better than someones past endeavors or work, its the same exact thing with Scott and ppl saying "oh Happy isn't as good as his work with STP" IT'S NOT STP!! when ppl think like that not only do they limit themselves but the way the see the artist. I feel very lucky to continue to hear my favorite artists being out there and i take music for what it is, I think i was the only one who didn't get pissed off when i heard about Slash and Fergie just like I didn't mind Scott with Lauper or if he ever did anything with Lady Gaga. when VR came out nobody wanted to appreciated them for what they were, all they could do is sit there and say "this is nothing compared to Guns" "Who the fuck is that gay singer" "What is Scott doing ?? go back to STP!!" thats the reason why i don't really feel bad for the state of the music industry and the sad state of the new re-writen style of today's "rock n roll" it's pretty much cuz people ask for it.
If you only knew..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2010, 12:29:46 PM »
I'm watching this video right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3vW9Vrvzco

I kinda miss VR.  :- This song, I think it's one of Scott's greatest performances ever. Such good lyrics. To me, it's VR's Plush. Fucking flawless.

I don't however, miss them enough to want STP to go away. EVER.
Bleeda blooda

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2010, 04:32:53 PM »
I loved VR!! I think it's a shame that it ended like it did. I would love for it to have been a situation where Scott could do ALL of his projects (VR, STP and solo). I never compared VR to any of the members past projects...and that is why i enjoyed them so much. I was also a HUGE fan of Libertad. I thought it kicked ass! I believe that VR is dead and should remain so. It's rare to replace a frontman and continue with the band name. Some have lucked out...but, not enough.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2010, 08:48:53 PM »
VR was a supergroup. The life expentancy of a supergroup is two albums at the most. Three possibly. Everyone is in a much better situation currently. It was pretty cool when it lasted though. However, I would much rather have STP anyday of the week.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"

I kinda miss VR.  :- This song, I think it's one of Scott's greatest performances ever. Such good lyrics. To me, it's VR's Plush. Fucking flawless.

Off topic, but someone should totally get STP to do a webcast like that.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2010, 06:16:13 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"

Webcast might happen with the album comin as Billboard reports... The Youtube thing... n im hoping Download also happens...

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: I miss Velvet Revolver and Audioslave
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2010, 07:29:03 PM »
Love that video of Fall to Pieces!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2010, 08:24:11 PM »
VR and Audioslave are regularly on my playlists when I make them to listen to..

To name a few...
'Jewel of the Summertime' and 'Shape of Things to Come' are regular songs from Audioslave and 'Money' and 'Big Machine' are regulars from VR on my lists.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2010, 09:23:09 PM »
Quote from: "disasterami"
Quote from: "Blue"

Webcast might happen with the album comin as Billboard reports... The Youtube thing... n im hoping Download also happens...

lol I know! It's like they read my mind! I read the press release and I thought "Maybe someone read my comment last month?" lol
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2010, 09:48:32 PM »
STP needs to do a podcast like that!  It would be magical!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)