September 28, 2024, 10:23:42 PM

Author Topic: I miss Velvet Revolver and Audioslave  (Read 13806 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: VR is Dead
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2010, 08:51:55 PM »
Slash will deffinitely be better off doing solo material than going back to what will be percieved as a has-been band. And I think Duff will do quite well with Jane's Addiction.

The point is, going back to VR with a new singer at this point would pretty much be career suicide for them. If they wanted a new singer they should have gotten one within 4 months of "firing" Scott... And I think the fact that they didn't shows exactly how commited they are to Velvet Revolver.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 09:08:07 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
Slash will deffinitely be better off doing solo material than going back to what will be percieved as a has-been band. And I think Duff will do quite well with Jane's Addiction.

The point is, going back to VR with a new singer at this point would pretty much be career suicide for them. If they wanted a new singer they should have gotten one within 4 months of "firing" Scott... And I think the fact that they didn't shows exactly how commited they are to Velvet Revolver.

Nahh there's just nobody like Scott haha.
If you only knew..

goduffgo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 10:56:04 PM »
deffo its would be major death for the guys if they carryed on with VR with a new singer now, even when scott left they should have just left it there.

VR will always be a part of me they came at the perfect time. and its how my former band started and split up (same times, same reasons) funny that

i will always love VR but please dont kill them by putting someone stupid (bach) as the singer....just let it RIP

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2010, 10:58:28 PM »
Velvet Revolver is dead and I didn't cry at the funeral.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2010, 11:45:23 PM »
As much as I love STP I will totally miss VR.  They always put on a GREAT show!  Contraband had some definitely GREAT songs!  I was heartbroken when VR broek up but I never thought STP would live again...
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

T-Bone

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2010, 01:37:56 AM »
VR may be dead, but long live STP!   ;D

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2010, 02:05:29 AM »
Quote from: "Lazy Divey"
Velvet Revolver is dead and I didn't cry at the funeral.

Velvet Revolver is dead and I didn't even go to the funeral! Ha! Ha! Long live STP!

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2010, 03:16:29 AM »
We won the war!! lol

I agree that Scott basically made them and broke them.  At least they were all able to get some fame and probably make a few million from it...so it is all good.  I have no ill will towards the other members, but I really have no interest in them pursuing VR with a different singer, nor would I ever check out their solo shows.   zzzzzzzzz

Plus something about Scott/Stp fans that are just so mellow and nice for the most part.  It is great to be on here with you guys.  I couldn't be happier with the new album on the way as well.    :)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2010, 03:22:18 AM »
Quote from: "Casual"
We won the war!! lol

I agree that Scott basically made them and broke them.  At least they were all able to get some fame and probably make a few million from it...so it is all good.  I have no ill will towards the other members, but I really have no interest in them pursuing VR with a different singer, nor would I ever check out their solo shows.   zzzzzzzzz

Plus something about Scott/Stp fans that are just so mellow and nice for the most part.  It is great to be on here with you guys.  I couldn't be happier with the new album on the way as well.    :)

To say Scott made them is kinda ridiculous since more than half their fan base comes from GNR and Slash fans who mostly hated Scott for some retarded homophobic reason. Guns is a huge name they're not some 80s band with washed up members like Poison.
If you only knew..

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2010, 03:25:24 AM »
VR as we knew it, yes, it's dead and I will always gonna miss them. And no one can replace Scott.

But we just like to asume that because an artist start a solo project it means he dismissed the band. VR is going to reunite some time, maybe as VR, maybe changing the name, maybe with some random singer, maybe not as their main priority, but they will eventually play together again because of the simple fact they enjoy it, at the same time it fulls their pockets. And they will succeed, you may like it or not, those guys are legends.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2010, 03:39:55 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"
VR as we knew it, yes, it's dead and I will always gonna miss them. And no one can replace Scott.

But we just like to asume that because an artist start a solo project it means he dismissed the band. VR is going to reunite some time, maybe as VR, maybe changing the name, maybe with some random singer, maybe not as their main priority, but they will eventually play together again because of the simple fact they enjoy it, at the same time it fulls their pockets. And they will succeed, you may like it or not, those guys are legends.

Exactly what Doug said. It all comes down to money.

BTW I listened to all of Libertad today and for some reason it finally fuckin grew on me big time, I've never went back to repeat a track on that record and i did that plenty today for some reason. I used to hate Demons, Pills, Etc..but i listened to it like 5 times today..
If you only knew..

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2010, 03:43:40 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
We won the war!! lol

To say Scott made them is kinda ridiculous since more than half their fan base comes from GNR and Slash fans who mostly hated Scott for some retarded homophobic reason. Guns is a huge name they're not some 80s band with washed up members like Poison.

Scott  didn't make them on his own, but neither did Slash. Scott was a very large part of their sound, and finding a voice with a range any where close to his at the time of Contraband would be really hard.

I'd like to compare it to Fuel. Yes, Bell is the driving force behind the band as far as song writing goes... But as soon as Scallions left, the band went down the toilet because Scallions voice was irreplaceable.

Losing Scott, that's losing a double threat because he's not only a great voice, but a great songwriter. No one else could have come up with You Got No Right or Fall to Pieces or Headspace. And anyone they get who can at least semi-sing those parts would probably be incapable of doing songwriting any where near that level. Chester Bennington, for instance, could sing some of the parts pretty damn well. But his song writing tends to suck and VR 3 would probably be worse than Libertad with him.

Bottom line, if "The Project" wants to get back together, they can't do it as Velvet Revolver. Scott's as important a part of it as Slash or Duff. They are better off completely abandoning the name and the library and starting from scratch.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2010, 04:31:46 AM »
When I think about the time and money I spent on being a "fan" of VR, I can only
come up with this.

VR was like a weird dream.  You know, those dreams you have of maybe -- being inside your house, BUT it's not YOUR house.  VR was rock n' roll that I
enjoyed, but it could never measure-up to STP's level.  

I'll admit I had fun at their shows, and the music was okay.  But in the end, VR's sound never moved me the way STP does.  The whole VR ride was just that: a ride.  Many of us rode it, and when it ended, I for one -- didn't look back.  My
one moment that stood out, was one I'll never forget.

Standing with others at a VR meet-n-greet backstage, I saw a golf cart pull-up 30 feet away from me.  We were all waiting for the band to arrive, and here in front of me, is Scott and his family.  He never looked at us, but he knew we were there.  All of us were present to meet him AND his bandmates.  Yet for whatever reason, he chose not to attend.  He drove off behind the venue into the woods with his kids and then wife.

I knew VR wouldn't last.  When you're a band, you're a BAND.  Not 4 guys, but
all 5 -- ALL the time.  It made me think of when I met STP years earlier, and how happy they seemed to be with each other.  VR was exactly the opposite.  I'll say that I'm happy VR was a thing for a while.  But to me, VR was just a rest-stop
while I waited for the real deal.

STP, THANK YOU for getting back together.

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2010, 04:42:15 AM »
We won the war!! lol

Hard to say scott made them when all members of that band were made men way before scott and stp even hit the scene. Anything those guys put together is gonna be good. I for one will miss VR but not nearly as much as i would have if STP didn't reform and have another album on the way. I have some great memories tied to VR and for a moment, as sammy hagar once put it, they were the best rock n roll band left on the planet.

That said, it's clearly best for all involved to kill the VR project and head in a different direction. Slash is doing more than well for himself, the first single off his new album is fucking killer. Duff's doing his thing with Loaded which he seems to enjoy and is looking like a sweet candidate for the new Jane's Addiction lineup.

I think VR was perfect for what they were. A brief, wild roller-coaster of a ride for two albums, which led to something even better....a new STP album
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2010, 05:00:14 AM »
Quote from: "Slither"
We won the war!! lol

Hard to say scott made them when all members of that band were made men way before scott and stp even hit the scene. Anything those guys put together is gonna be good. I for one will miss VR but not nearly as much as i would have if STP didn't reform and have another album on the way. I have some great memories tied to VR and for a moment, as sammy hagar once put it, they were the best rock n roll band left on the planet.

That said, it's clearly best for all involved to kill the VR project and head in a different direction. Slash is doing more than well for himself, the first single off his new album is fucking killer. Duff's doing his thing with Loaded which he seems to enjoy and is looking like a sweet candidate for the new Jane's Addiction lineup.

I think VR was perfect for what they were. A brief, wild roller-coaster of a ride for two albums, which led to something even better....a new STP album

Exactly! I never compared them to STP or GNR, I'm not the biggest GNR fan but I'm a fan of more the music than the voice..and GNR did something groundbreaking and legendary and like Cornell said without AFD the whole 90's movement wouldn't have been the way it was. That album brought something real and it made everyone realize the rest were fake, I always saw them as a punk version of Aerosmith and hell even Aerosmith had to copy GNR to find themselves and get back to their roots!
If VR played a little benefit show just to do it i wouldn't mind it but i also wouldn't want it to happen if it was gonna affect STP.
What attracted me more to them as i said before is STP is more like The Beatles and VR is more like The Stones, regardless i don't compare VR and STP cuz they're two completely different bands when it comes to everything and what i love the most is that Scott can be so versatile. The only thing i wish was that he didn't try to do was act  like Axl...it was a little too obvious. wearing the same things and saying the same quotes but eh you know Scotty he likes to stick it to others in funny ways lol
If you only knew..