September 19, 2024, 08:24:19 AM

Author Topic: 2009-07-17 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena  (Read 9511 times)

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-07-17 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »
yeah me and my boyfriend held out too and got GA for the manchester show. the tickets aren't selling as well as i thought and the VIP packages are a complete rip off too
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

jeff122581

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 08:25:29 PM »
I saw stp at a place similar to the Manchester arena back in 02 when I saw them in providence at the dunkies center and that place didnt sell out.  Seeing them in a place like that is pretty cool though.  Manchester holds prob about 11000 people for a concert and i don't think it will fill.  Who cares though, better prices, good tix, can't beat that

stpwkdgrdn

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 02:28:06 AM »
Anyone have 2 extra tix?

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 06:38:44 AM »
REVIEW: GREAT show, better than last year's!  O0

Last summer, I think Scott was drunk. That June show was good, but when he spoke between songs he was nearly incoherent and glassy-eyed. Tonight he was cold sober, was a man of few words but he was speaking very clearly. His singing was tremendous tonight. His voice was strong all night, noticeably stronger than last year.   :)  Scott wasn't the non-stop action lunatic of 2002 when I saw him then, but he was active all night tonight doing his funky Weiland dance moves and hopping up onto the boxes countless times.  He acted like a very mature, polished 40-ish rock STAR. Weiland came out wearing sunglasses, dressed in a black suit and vest with tie, with a white shirt.  Very classy looking.  8) He dressed down to the shirt and tie later (yes ladies, he kept his pants on  ;)  ).

The band was a powerhouse and REALLY tight.  Last year, there were long pauses between many songs, as they seemed to be feeling their way through the set (though Eric, Dean and Robert sounded very good last year too) . Tonight it was BAM, BAM, BAM - song after song, with only the briefest of interruptions. They sounded tremendous!   :)  :)  :)  If I had a wish, it was that they cut a live CD off tonight's show. All 4 of them sounded THAT good. Excellent light and screen show, pretty identical to last year's tour.

The setlist was the same as recent shows. The crowd was very into it, and was a sellout (concert capacity is 10,000 I think).  STP always draws big crowds from CT and Mass.

I'm not an STP suck-up that is blind to their faults and miscues. If they stunk tonight or were mediocre, I'd tell you. I was very, very happy with tonight's show!!!   :)

Matthew

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 07:05:59 AM »
Did you notice everyone leaving during seven caged tigers? The place really emptied out during that song. I dont understand why either? It sounded amazing.
STP: A bunch.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 07:15:31 AM »
How many opening acts were there, and how long did they play?  And how long did STP play for?  (About what time did they end?)
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 08:29:55 AM »
Did they do Piece of Pie, or has that been cut out completely from the setlist...?

Matthew

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 04:02:56 PM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
How many opening acts were there)

Just one, the Meat Puppets.
STP: A bunch.

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 05:18:44 PM »
Quote from: "Matthew"
Did you notice everyone leaving during seven caged tigers? The place really emptied out during that song. I dont understand why either? It sounded amazing.

People drink beer, and they need to pee.  :P  So as usual, I noticed that folks wandered during the least popular songs.

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 05:21:08 PM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
How many opening acts were there, and how long did they play?  And how long did STP play for?  (About what time did they end?)

I arrived late, so I can't tell you how long Meat Puppets played. Here's my estimate - keep in mind I wasn't staring at my watch...

Ticket said 7:30. Meat Puppets ended approx. 9pm. STP came on at approx 945, played until approx 1105?

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 05:21:46 PM »
show was unbelievable.. here's the setlist (not totally sure if its in order, but pretty close)

Silvergun Superman
Wicked Garden
Vasoline
Big Empty
Lounge Fly
Army Ants
Sour Girl
Creep
Crackerman
Plush
Interstate Love Song
Seven Caged Tigers
Down
Sex Type Thing
Sin
Unglued
--------
Dead and Bloated
Trippin'

I'll give a better review tomorrow.. I'm heading down to AC now for the show tonight!

I have tons of videos and pics that I will also upload tomorrow..

Look for me tonight- Ill be in GA hopefully upfront with my white "STP Wants You!" T-shirt and a backwards NY Mets hat..!!
--Rob--

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 07:53:58 PM »
Great show.
FAR better than last year. Scott's voice was dynamite, the band was tight and a much more cohesive unit than last year. The songs were great. I noticed Dean added little bits here and there in the songs that were never there before that kind of spiced up the old songs.

Very good show.

One complaint.. Sex Type Thing.
No breakdown.. no good. Just seems boring without it.

Anyone get any pictures?
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 08:52:04 PM »

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 04:22:49 AM »
This person has a bunch of decent quality vids of the show on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/youngoc#play/uploads

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 09:30:57 PM »
No pictures though?
Anyone?
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.