September 20, 2024, 10:49:05 PM

Author Topic: 2009-07-11 - Sarnia, Ontario, Canada - Sarnia Bayfest  (Read 12263 times)

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-07-11 - Sarnia, Ontario, Canada - Sarnia Bayfest
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 06:43:07 PM »
ugh, that story just makes me mad. At least your equipment didn't get damaged and you avoided fighting that idiot. Sorry you had to go through that, I always hate to hear about people out there that act like that. Yuck.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2009, 07:17:13 PM »
Aw man, sorry to hear about the douche... But I'm glad to hear the old Plush joke is back lol
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Crackerman11

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2009, 07:45:58 PM »
what a concert. christie I was just a little down from you, and got searched by the border patrol too! Little over a half hour I wish I had back.

It was worth the trip (from Pgh) though. Amazing show, definitely best of the 4 I have seen since 2008. I like that they have the light background again, it's awesome for night shows outside. Scott sounded great and they were definitely on. Kind of knew that Piece of Pie was going to be cut but I couldnt help from sayin "cmon Piece of Pie" before the start of every song lol. Army Ants was awesome though!

They had a camera attached to the stage that rose about 2 feet above, kept blocking my pics from Dean! As a big fan of the Palladia channel, I would love if that had a bayfest special.

cheers

bigemptycreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Sarnia Bayfest
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2009, 08:37:21 PM »
Hey guys, just made the 3 hour drive there and back from Toronto...don't know if anyone else was in Sarnia (Lake Huron side Michigan/Ontario border) for Bayfest where STP rocked the crowd last night.

I had an awesome time. This was my first open air concert/festival and I had an awesome time. Always been a fan, but was more of a sporting event goer than concert goer in my younger days so it was my first live STP. They used their normal stage set-up from what I've seen with the big colourful "screen-save-esque" backdrop. I paid $79Cdn for "VIP" and was about 10 people back from the stage. I'll post a few pics later.

The set list was...as best as I can remember....sorry if I get the order wrong

Silvergun Superman (after which Scott thanks everyone for coming out, points to the souvlaki stand and ask, "Can someone get me a sandwich?" cheap pop, entertaining, nonetheless)
Vasoline
Wicked Garden
Big Empty
Creep
Army Ants
Sour Girl
Seven Caged Tigers
Plush(Scott announces that they're working on new material and what better way to work on it than to bust out a new one on us...then they play Plush...hehe, got me)
Interstate Love Song
Crackerman
Sex Type Thing
Sin
Unlgued
*Encore*
Dead and Bloated(intentional or unintentional megaphone malfunction, Scott tosses it aside with a shrug and just unleashes the opening lines, sick!)
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart

I had an awesome time, the boys did not dissapoint, I tried my hardest to get a pick or drum stick, but only Robert was tossing his junk out to my side of the stage, I even went back after the lights came on, but couldn't find one. Truly an experience I will keep with me.

T-Bone

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Sarnia Bayfest
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2009, 08:52:45 PM »
Great breakdown!  Sounds like a great performance (again!).  A few nights ago, during Dead and Bloated, they let a fan get onstage to do the initial megaphone part.  I'm not sure why they picked that particular person out, but I was excited for him...and he did a great job!

bigemptycreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2009, 10:21:58 PM »
oh, I forgot Lounge Fly, they played that 3rd or so...I should Have written it down...lol

shambhala

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 11:04:08 PM »
bigemptycreep - thanks for all of the details!  I'm glad that you had a great time!  Lori  ;D

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 12:22:50 AM »
aH - Dude that sucks man. Sorry to hear it. That's one of the of the craziest 'show' stories I ever heard. I wanted to go beat down a meat head after I read that I feel so agitated for you.
adhesive love

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 12:45:57 AM »
Crackerman11 we were so close!!  Where are you from?  I'm telling ya, we should all get below empty shirts made to wear at the shows so we can tell who everyone is!!

I keep thinking about aH.  It's amazing how one drunken idiot can ruin someone's night.  I'm really glad I got to meet you Andrew even though it was brief.  We'll have to get together at the next show.

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 01:23:05 AM »
bigemptycreep-I was there too.  Had a great time!  Great weather for a show!   There's more people discussing the show here  http://http://belowempty.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4684if you want to check out what other people are saying about the show. ;)

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2009, 04:45:32 AM »
so here they are... the screens from the recording that "Roid-Rage" (nearly) ruined...

the recording is EXCELLENT... but ends abruptly after "SEVEN CAGED TIGERS"

"It's a bird... It's a plane... No wait... It looks like... What!!!??? It's TRIPOD!!!"

SCOTT WEILAND

SCOTT WEILAND & ROBERT DELEO

ROBERT DELEO & DEAN DELEO

DEAN DELEO

ERIC KRETZ

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2009, 05:33:41 AM »
just when the ROID NATION thought that they had stopped the infamous aH., he storms back with a vengeance and stops them dead in their "tracks", as he regroups at the CHIPICAN MOTEL...

BRING IT ON YOU MEATHEAD MF'ers!!!

C'MON... BRING IT!!!

HAWK Dillinger & aH.
- we burned down the City last night!!!

aH. & CHRISTIE

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2009, 06:00:00 AM »
ive been taping shows for many years and have never, ever had that happen to me. crazy. good thing you're ok.
-Dewey

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2009, 10:45:25 AM »
Man crazy story Andrew, really sucks, at least your camera ended up okay.  Must have been some scary shit though with a roid monkey about to pull a Chris Benoit on you.  They really need tighter security at festival shows.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2009, 02:57:06 PM »
Wow. That was a crazy story. Glad you are back in one piece. As a videographer myself, I can safely say *knocks on wood* that I've never had an experience like that happen to me, and hopefully I never will.

On a side note, anyone have a setlist for Our Lady Peace?
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..